Start by marking “The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)” as Want to Read:
The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)

The Further Chronicles of Conan (Robert Jordan's Conan Novels #4,5,7 omnibus)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Robert Jordan, international bestselling author of the Wheel of Time series, has been called the greatest writer since Robert E. Howard to tell the stories of Conan the Barbarian. Now his three most breathtaking chronicles are available for the first time in one volume, to the sure delight of Jordan and Conan fans everywhere. In Conan the Magnificent, our hero is stalked a ...more
Published October 14th 1999 by Tor Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Further Chronicles of Conan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Further Chronicles of Conan

Bobby Luke
This collection of tales was much better than the previous collection. Conan doesn't act like as terrible of a human being. Yes, he is still very much a chauvinist. Yes, he is still very much a man whore and womanizer. But in this collection of tales he comes off more like a James Bond and less like...well, his former self. I don't know how to explain this phenomenon, it just is...what it is.

Womanizing aside, Conan faced up against some really awesome villains in these three stories. Robert Jord
David
The three stories are actually quite similar in the sense that the flow and the big picture are the same. There's the woman, there's the intermediate difficulty, and then there's the villain. On the whole, they're interesting enough short stories to stand on their own so, not too bad.
Dustin
Loved the Wheel of Time, Cheyenne Raiders and The Fallon Blood.

Didn't love Conan... I guess its just too much on the swords and sorcery side of the genre for me. Too many empty calories I guess.
Jason Young
What can I say? Conan is Conan. I found that Robert Jordan did a good job in keeping with the style of the original Conan stories. I enjoyed all three stories.
Dan
Much better read than the Legends of Kern books that I had been reading. This author is a true master of Fantasy genre, and spun tales that were worthy of reading.
Trenton Manchester
I love anything written by Robert Jordan - not the biggest Conan fan, but this book is worth reading for the fantasy and silliness! A good read so far!
Mike H.
Not that great. I read it because it was written by Robert Jordan but it was not nearly as good as the wheel of time books.
Jeff Cadoff
Very good interpretations of the Conan saga, though you still cannot beat the original Robert E. Howard stories.
Daviyd
Another Conan appetite pleaser...needs to be made into a movie like Lord of the Rings.
Larry
Jordan is always a pleasure to read.
DavidO
Not Jordan's best writing at all.
John
Very good pulp fiction stuff.
Gary
The best non Howard Conan stories.
Danny Dowdle
Danny Dowdle marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Mandy Tanksley
Mandy Tanksley is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2015
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Brian Kenison
Brian Kenison marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Jacob Bruce
Jacob Bruce marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Ben
Ben added it
Apr 04, 2015
Jose
Jose added it
Mar 15, 2015
  • Conan of Aquilonia (Book 11)
  • Conan the Defiant
  • The Bloody Crown of Conan (Conan the Cimmerian, #2)
  • Conan the Buccaneer
  • The Gate of Fire (Oath Of Empire Book Two)
  • The Savage Sword of Conan, Volume 1
  • The Tower of Shadows
  • The Middle Kingdom (Chung Kuo Recast, #3)
  • The King of Dreams (Lord Prestimion, #3)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to
More about Robert Jordan...

Robert Jordan's Conan Novels (7 books)
  • Conan the Invincible (Conan, #1)
  • Conan the Defender (Conan, #2)
  • Conan the Unconquered (Conan, #3)
  • Conan the Triumphant (Conan, #4)
  • Conan the Magnificent (Conan, #5)
  • Conan the Destroyer (Conan, #6)
  • Conan the Victorious (Conan, #7)
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2) The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3) The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4) The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12)