Rosie and the Rustlers

Rosie and the Rustlers

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Rosie and her wranglers meet up with Greasy Ben and his gang in this rollicking tale of adventure.
Published October 1st 1991 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published 1989)

Cheryl
The illustrations were incredible! They had similar physical characteristics to many little people and yet maintained the old west feel. Loved the tall hats as well. Rosie is clearly in charge and the men follow her wihout issue.
Karin Shah
I love the rythmn of the language in this book. My kids are enchanted by it.
Amy
Oh, man, the illustrations in this were so cute and fun! I just loved them. The story was also great, and read really nicely. I loved the diverse vocabulary, and the way it almost read like a cowboy was narrating the tale.

My niece and nephew couldn't have cared less about this book, which surprised me, and didn't surprise me. I thought that the illustrations would draw them in, I was certain that my nephew would love the concept of the good cowboys going to bring in the rustlers. Nah. My nephew...more
Mary Lisa
A children's book I'll want to re-read with regularity - written in rhyme, with Roy Gerrard's wonderful Botero-like illustrations. A pure delight.
Lisa Nagel
A beautifully illustrated rhyming western tale. Good guys, bad guys and a plan to save the cattle.
Brock
One of my favorite children's books. Get it for your child.
Matthew William
Loved this when I was little.
Evan
Evan added it
Feb 02, 2014
Ward
Ward marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013