Start by marking “Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)

Stenhuggaren (Fjällbacka #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  8,976 ratings  ·  874 reviews
När en av Fjällbackas hummerfiskare hittar en liten flicka drunknad, tror man först att hon dött av en olyckshändelse. Men obduktionen visar att hon har sötvatten med tvålrester i lungorna. Någon har alltså dränkt flickan inomhus, klätt på henne och kastat henne i havet. Men vem kan ha velat 7-åriga Sara så illa? Och varför?

Patrik Hedström, vars sambo Erica nyss fött deras
Published June 29th 2005 by Forum bokförlag (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stenhuggaren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stenhuggaren

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg LarssonThe Snowman by Jo NesbøThe Redbreast by Jo Nesbø
Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries
39th out of 219 books — 432 voters
A Muralha de Gelo by George R.R. MartinA Guerra dos Tronos by George R.R. MartinA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Leituras de 2011 - Portugal
160th out of 1,932 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen Hayes
The first thjing I noticed about this book was the sticker placed on the cover, presumabl;y by the booksellers, saying "If you like Jo Nesbo you'll love this." And the books by Jo Nesbo have stickers saying "The next Stieg L:arsson". I'm not sure what these cvomparisons are supposed to achieve, except that Jo Nesbo's writing has recently come to look like a rather ineffectual attempt to imitate Stieg Larsson. But Lackberg has so far not tried to imitate either. Other than being crime fiction, an ...more
Tom
I got me somethin' to say about mystery books.

Over the past several years I've been reading more and more in the way of mysteries, and there are a few things I've noticed along the way. Although there are plenty of mysteries written and published in France, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Russia, and cetera, here in the United States we primarily see those that are written here, England, and the Scandinavian nations and it is those last three styles that I want to talk about. I say styles, because there is
Ashleigh
This is my favourite of her books so far. It's the third in English- I believe she has 7 in Swedish- and only 4 of them are in English yet (in order- The Ice Princess, The Preacher, The Stonecutter, The Gallows Bird).

This book focuses on a present day murder, with glimpses of a relevant past. Because I've read her other books I knew what to expect going into this one. If your bag is action packed chases, or full pages of details about the autopsy, or even if your bag is a thinly veiled romance
Lena
I think this is one of the rare crime books I've read that my focus wasn't on who the killer was.The depth of the characters and the thorough psychological analysis gave a singural feeling to this book.In my opinion it portays greatly how important the family is in the growing process of a human and how much it can destroy a person.The story that was about the past although few pages each time succeded in making you realise the burden that 3 generations carried.I wasn't sure about the killer unt ...more
Pattie
So I'm reading this book randomly taken from the "New Books" shelf at the library and about a quarter of the way through, I thought "I haven't read anything this badly written since ....what was it? Oh, right, that other Swedish book...." and I checked the Author profile, and yes, she was the person who wrote the last book I read that was this badly written. From that point, I just skimmed.

As with "The Ice Princess", most everyone outside the main detective is a one dimensional character. I'm gu
Filipa
Camilla cria sempre tramas acessíveis mas complexas e com várias teias para resolver. São sempre livros agradáveis para se ler e passar boas horas embrenhados na história.
Adorei o primeiro volume desta série ("A princesa de gelo") e já não gostei tanto do segundo ("Gritos do passado"), no entanto, não deixa de ser uma boa leitura e deixa transparecer a mestria das palavras que tem Camilla.
Neste terceiro volume. . . arrisco a dizer que é o meu favorito. Desde o início que me prendeu e me manteve
Deanna Drai Turner
Well, I've done it. I finished the 3rd Lackberg Swedish murder mystery. This author really is something. I like her mind and like how she duct tapes together a story....When I first started this one, I thought I might not like it because it dealt with the death of a 7 year old girl. I don't like much of anything where a child comes to harm. But I understood why she did this, as our Protagonist Police Detective's woman just birthed a daughter....so of course this gave him the extra impetus needed ...more
Andreia Silva
Cada vez mais fico com a sensação de que adoro ler policiais. Porque me fazem prender ao livro mas, sobretudo, me fazem esperar por uma resolução de um mistério que parece, por vezes, indecifrável. E os livros da Camilla Läckberg têm aumentado esse gosto em mim, como leitora.

"Teia de Cinzas" é o terceiro volume de uma saga com o detective Patrick Hedstrom e, apesar de ter lido o primeiro mas não o segundo, isso não impediu em nada o acompanhamento da história, em termos de história policial. Lê-
Cat
When a young girl is found dead in a fisherman's net, everybody assumes it was an accidental drowning. But after further examination to the body, it is determined that Sara, the dead girl, didn't drown by accident; she was in fact murdered. And Patrick Hedström, who is the father of a baby girl, is back leading the investigation. And once again he has to deal with deeply disturbed people and unearth the terrible secrets the Fjällbacka's families try to hide.

To be honest, I thought I would have a
Shy
The Stonecutter turned out to be such a tiresome read for me. It feels like the author tried to cover so many grounds in her book till she losed focus and failed to emphasis more on the thing that suppose to matter most: the mystery and the routes to solve it.

The main thing that can be found in The Stonecutter is the neverending emotional outburst mostly from the female characters. To read about their endless self-pity where they blame others for difficulties that they have to face is utterly e
Caroline
One of the most masterful Scandicrime fiction authors presents us with a thriller that has all the makings of a movie that will keep viewers at the edge of their seat until the ending credits flash on the screen.

The 3rd in the series, Detective Patrik Hedstrom and his team are tasked with finding the murderer of a young child, found in the water by a local fisherman. The investigation is blurred by secrets held by the family of the young child and by their feuding neighbors. But why is there as
Booknblues
The Stone Cutter
By Camilla Lackberg
3 stars
pp.480

The Stone Cutter by Camilla Lackberg is a compelling book from the beginning when lobster fisherman in the village of Fjallbacka in Sweden pulls up a drowned child. When the police arrive detective, Patrik Hedstrom discovers that he knows the child. Sara, the dead child is daughter to Charlotte a close friend of Patrik's significant other Erica.

Lackberg's style is to move from one character another getting inside of their heads a telling brief vig
Jody
I have a love/hate relationship with Camilla Lackberg. On the one hand, I really like her characters, to the extent that I'm disappointed when we don't get enough of a certain one in her novels (especially Erica; since the first novel she's been mostly a secondary figure--bring her back, Camilla!). I love the look into Swedish small-town life, where people let their babies sleep in strollers outside stores by themselves and cops don't carry guns.

And yet ... and yet ... Her writing is just okay.
anionce
Me encantan los flashbacks de Camilla, pero creo que esta vez se ha excedido un poco. Y lo de las cenizas... en fin. De todas maneras, completamente enganchada, como siempre. Y la historia de Agnes también atrapaba , aunque se haga demasiado larga.
Vichy
Η ζωή στη Φιελμπάκα συνεχίζεται. Ενώ η Ερίκα προσαρμόζεται στη νέα της ζωή με τη νεογέννητη Μάγια, ο Πάτρικ ερευνά το φόνο της 7χρονης Σάρα, κόρης της νέας φίλης της Ερίκα, Σαρλότ Φλουρίν.

Η μητέρα της Σαρλότ, Λίλιαν, κατηγορεί το γείτονά της, Κάι. Παράλληλα, έχουμε τα προβληματικά στιγμιότυπα από τη ζωή και τις σχέσεις των κατοίκων που εμφανίζουν σχέση με τους πρωταγωνιστές της ιστορίας, ασχέτως αν παίζουν καθοριστικό ρόλο στη διαλεύκανση του μυστηρίου ή όχι.

Ο Νίκλας, ο σύζυγος της Σαρλότ, την α
Vladimir
Interesting thriller book based in Sweden. The parallel story that follow the main seems out of place in the beginning but connects well in the end. I think this story had strong and interesting characters rather than plot. In fact, unlike most crime thrillers that might have a chase of the clues this one almost discarded all of that in favor of developing the characters so the reader can discern who seems the most likely culprit.
Emily
Hmmm. Just blitzed through "The Stranger" and "The Stonecutter" in the past week or two. Very readable, addictive, suspense novels I found. A bit infuriatingly like Dan Brown in the 'dun dun DUUUUUUUNNN" feeling you get at the end of each chapter. She seems to enjoy generating a gazillion characters in each novel, some of which relate to the central mystery, some of which merely touch it. They aren't confusing, and her character development is definitely a strength; you feel you are getting to k ...more
Neide Parafitas
WOW!!!!

Este livro é fabuloso!!! :)

Fiquei maravilhada com este 3º livro da autora que me baralhou por diversas vezes com a sequência de acontecimentos que se iam sucedendo.
Desta vez não achei que o ponto alto fosse descobrir o assassino, mas antes os motivos..

Para os apreciadores de policiais, este é um livro a não perder!!! :P

Cris
Já havia ouvido falar muito bem da autora e assino embaixo: todos os elogios são merecidos!!
Acontece um crime em uma cidadezinha costeira da Suécia (ou Noruega, sei lá...), uma criança é encontrada morta, no mar, enroscada em umas armadilhas de lagostas.
O policial Patrick vai investigar o caso e descobre que a criança é filha da melhor amiga de sua mulher. O caso é especialmente doloroso para ela, pois acabou de se tornar pai.
Patrick é um homem normal, não é nenhum super detetive, então não espe
Alisi ☆ needs to stop starting new books ☆
Much better than the last and I really like how the author's writing is improving with each book. I think the most notable improvement is the flashback scenes. She really handled them extremely well. They weren't long and were very well executed. This is probably the best example of flashbacks I've read in a long time.

On a side note, I wish the publishers would smack the translator. I think I've read more people being called 'whippersnapper' in these last three books than I've heard spoken my en
The Writer
Stenhuggeren (The stone carver) is the third book in the Läckberg series about murder (and mysterious) cases in Fjällbacka, a sleepy town in Sweden. The first two books, Isprinsessen (The Ice princess) and Prædikanten (The preacher) have already introduced local policeman Patrik Hedström and his girlfriend Erica Falck as "mystery solvers" in town and the same rule goes also for the this book.

This time, Hedström had to deal with a child murderer after a body of nine-year old girl named Sara was f
Paul Pessolano
“The Stonecutter” by Camilla Lackberg”, published by Free Press.

Category – Mystery/Thriller

“The Stonecutter” is so well done it could possibly be considered Fiction/Literature. Although written in Scandinavian, the translation by Steven T. Murray is so good you would think it was written in English.

The book has everything in it that a reader could possibly imagine. Murders, deceit, betrayal, love, and the possibility of redemption (maybe) that becomes the backbone of this book. There are several
Filipe Miguel
Regressar a Fjällbacka pela mão de Camilla Läckberg começa a tornar-se um guilty pleasure que aprecio cada vez mais.

Não posso afirmar que os seus livros sejam obras-primas, ainda para mais depois de ter lido o seu primero - A Princesa de Gelo - que tão pouco gostei. Contudo, a mestria com que Camilla abordou o regresso aquela cidade costeira da Suécia em Gritos do Passado, e como conseguiu retornar novamente, transmitiu-me algo que vai bem além do simples policial com um crime para resolver.

Läc
Lori
I am having so much fun with this Swedish import series. The Stonecutter revisits the small seaside town of Fjallbacka for the third time and provides a multi-level mystery set across three generations. Local cop, Patrik Hedstrom investigates the murder of a young girl who happens to be the oldest child of his girlfriend, Ericka's close friend. While Patrik grapples with the malicious death of young Sara, he and Ericka cope with their exhausting first months as parents to their infant daughter, ...more
Maddy
PROTAGONIST: Police detective Patrik Hedstrom
SETTING: Fjallbacka, Sweden
SERIES: #3 of 8
RATING: 4.0

What at first seems to be the sad case of a 7-year-old girl who has drowned in the small Swedish fishing village of Fjallbacka turns out to be something else entirely. Shockingly, Sara Florin has been murdered. Forensic analysis shows that she had bath water in her lungs, along with a strange ash-like substance. Although Sara was quite a handful, it doesn’t seem possible that anyone could have been
Dana07
En primer lugar lo leí en español xD.

Veo que le han dado muchas estrellas a este libro, pero por Zeus!! Este libro exuda maldad por donde lo veas!! En un libro que te deja con un sabor amargo al terminar de leerlo.

Lo que no me gusto del libro, de nuevo Erica pasa desapercibida, cae en el clichoso mundo de la maternidad. Este libro esta lleno de cliches femeninos. Creo que en todo el libro no he encontrado a una mujer fuerte y segura de si misma, todas son sumisas y si no lo son son entes demoni
David Lowther
Camilla Lackberg is another Swedish crime writer who hits the mark. The Stonecutter is one of those stories which runs two plots alongside one another and skilfully brings the two together at the conclusion. What Camilla Lackberg does so skilfully using this device is not to let the reader forget one thread. She frequently returns to the past from the present day investigation to keep both parts of the tale fresh in our minds.

The Stonecutter certainly qualifies as Nordic noir. If it wasn't so b
Jenny
Somehow a library in my network got their hands on the UK edition of this book (which as far as I know has yet to be released it the US). I am a big Camilla Lackberg fan, so I was excited for the little sneak peak. It makes dealing with all the British words/spellings worth it... :)

First off I should say that I really, really like Camilla Lackberg's books. For whatever reason though I didn't like this one quite as much as her first two.

In typical Lackberg style the case is not solved until the
I thought this book was great, and I love watching the progression of her characters. This was a little darker than her first two books, but that probably comes with the child-murderer territory. There were several new faces introduced and a lot of plotlines, but I thought this was a good thriller and an intriguing mystery. Her books are well-written, and can stand alone if you're not up for a series.

My only quibble is that a few of the characters (mainly in the flashbacks) seemed a little flat
This is the third book in the Erica Falck/Patrik Hedstom series. Personally, Patrik has become a father and Erica is suffering some form of postnatal depression. In his professional sphere a girl is found drowned in the river and she is the daughter of Erica's friend. In addition to this storyline there is, interwoven, the story of Agnes told beginning in the early 1920s. It is not clear until a lot later in the book (for me almost at the end) what relevance this has on the modern day story. We ...more
  • Summer Death
  • Night Rounds (Inspector Huss #2)
  • Until Thy Wrath Be Past (Rebecka Martinsson, #4)
  • Sun and Shadow (Inspector Winter, #3)
  • Blodläge (The Öland Quartet #3)
  • Unspoken (Anders Knutas, #2)
  • En plats i solen (Annika Bengtzon, #8)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • Bad Intentions
  • The Demon of Dakar (Ann Lindell, #7)
  • Blind Goddess (Hanne Wilhelmsen #1)
  • The Inspector and Silence (Inspector Van Veeteren #5)
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow ...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...

Fjällbacka (9 books)
  • The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
  • The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2)
  • Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)
  • The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5)
  • Sjöjungfrun (Patrik Hedström, #6)
  • Fyrvaktaren (Patrik Hedström, #7)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Lejontämjaren
The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2) The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5) Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4) Sjöjungfrun (Patrik Hedström, #6)

“La muerte era un estado, igual que la vida; ¿por qué iba a ser una mejor que otra?” 9 likes
“Su enfermedad, curiosamente, hacía que le resultara más fácil enfrentarse a ese dolor. El padecimiento físico reclamaba su atención en todo momento, relegando parte del sufrimiento del alma.” 1 likes