Start by marking “Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili” as Want to Read:
Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Published September 5th 2012 by Princeton Architectural Press

To ask other readers questions about Elegantissima, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elegantissima

First Second Books
Louise Fili has been an inspiration for designers around the world since the 1980s, when she raised the bar on book cover design, creating close to two thousand jackets as art director for Pantheon Books. In 1989 Fili founded her own graphic design studio, Louise Fili Ltd, and branched out into the fields of restaurant and food packaging design. Her lavish and elegant typography, often hand drawn, helps advertise and market such well-known brands as Sarabeth’s, Bella Cucina, Jean-Georges, and Go ...more
Lichia
One of the most perfect books I've ever held in my hands, delicious from beginning to end. Louise Fili's attention to detail and design sensitivity is evident on every single page.
Jessica
I am slowly savoring this gorgeous, inspirational book. Louise Fili is such a creative genius and true talent that I may just forgive her snobbery towards NJ.
Brian Sooy
Louise's work is as delightful as she is in person. Aspiring type designers and lovers of type will enjoy her smart work, smart thinking, and gain insights into her sources of inspiration.
Q
Gorgeous typography - very inspiring.
Cara Ellison
Gorgeous, gorgeous lettering. Eleganissima is a book of pure inspiration.
Bill Wells
Great book about a great designer! What I found interesting is that you see sketches and she talks about the design process, rather than just being a catalog of her work. Some nice insights and humor.
Jessica
This book is gorgeous. Louise Fili's designs are full of personality, and I loved reading the witty back stories. I thought this might just be a coffee table book that I flipped through now and then, but I ended up reading it cover-to-cover.
Kathleen Bradshaw
This book is everything the title promises — elegant. It makes me happy just to look at it. If you are a designer, or someone who appreciates genius in the arrangement of line, shape and color, you must get this book.
Erdenechimeg Bat-erdene
This is a portfolio of Louise Fili where she explains each project processes. I adore her style. What an amazing career she had.
Whitney
Feb 17, 2013 Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who love and appreciate good design
Interesting and inspiring! A lovely read and a fantastic reference to keep on the shelf.
Emily
Jaw dropping beautiful design.
Heather
A truly beautiful book.
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Erfu Wang
Erfu Wang marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Lisa Pigna
Lisa Pigna marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Megan Malley
Megan Malley marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Lexa Gallery
Lexa Gallery marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Elena Addams
Elena Addams marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Lovette
Lovette marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Allyson Hayes
Allyson Hayes marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
  • Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design's Golden Age
  • Type: A Visual History of Typefaces and Graphic Styles (Volume 1, 1628-1900)
  • Penguin by Design: A Cover Story 1935-2005
  • Pantone: The Twentieth Century in Color
  • 79 Short Essays on Design
  • Design Elements: A Graphic Style Manual
  • The Complete Manual of Typography
  • Grid Systems in Graphic Design/Raster Systeme Fur Die Visuele Gestaltung (German and English Edition)
  • Layout Workbook: A Real-World Guide to Building Pages in Graphic Design
Italianissimo: The Quintessential Guide to What Italians Do Best The Civilized Shopper's Guide to Florence The Cognoscenti's Guide to Florence: Shop and Eat like a Florentine Grafica della Strada: The Signs of Italy Perfetto Pencils