Start by marking “Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili” as Want to Read:
Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published September 5th 2012 by Princeton Architectural Press

To ask other readers questions about Elegantissima, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elegantissima

First Second Books
Louise Fili has been an inspiration for designers around the world since the 1980s, when she raised the bar on book cover design, creating close to two thousand jackets as art director for Pantheon Books. In 1989 Fili founded her own graphic design studio, Louise Fili Ltd, and branched out into the fields of restaurant and food packaging design. Her lavish and elegant typography, often hand drawn, helps advertise and market such well-known brands as Sarabeth’s, Bella Cucina, Jean-Georges, and Go ...more
Lichia
One of the most perfect books I've ever held in my hands, delicious from beginning to end. Louise Fili's attention to detail and design sensitivity is evident on every single page.
Jessica
I am slowly savoring this gorgeous, inspirational book. Louise Fili is such a creative genius and true talent that I may just forgive her snobbery towards NJ.
Brian Sooy
Louise's work is as delightful as she is in person. Aspiring type designers and lovers of type will enjoy her smart work, smart thinking, and gain insights into her sources of inspiration.
Q
Gorgeous typography - very inspiring.
Cara Ellison
Gorgeous, gorgeous lettering. Eleganissima is a book of pure inspiration.
Bill Wells
Great book about a great designer! What I found interesting is that you see sketches and she talks about the design process, rather than just being a catalog of her work. Some nice insights and humor.
Jessica
This book is gorgeous. Louise Fili's designs are full of personality, and I loved reading the witty back stories. I thought this might just be a coffee table book that I flipped through now and then, but I ended up reading it cover-to-cover.
Kathleen Bradshaw
This book is everything the title promises — elegant. It makes me happy just to look at it. If you are a designer, or someone who appreciates genius in the arrangement of line, shape and color, you must get this book.
Whitney
Feb 17, 2013 Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who love and appreciate good design
Interesting and inspiring! A lovely read and a fantastic reference to keep on the shelf.
Emily
Jaw dropping beautiful design.
Heather
A truly beautiful book.
Helen Holmes
Helen Holmes marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
K.O.
K.O. marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Neil Coulter
Neil Coulter marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
Apr 03, 2015
Christopher Murphy
Christopher Murphy marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
  • Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design's Golden Age
  • Type: A Visual History of Typefaces and Graphic Styles (Volume 1, 1628-1900)
  • Penguin by Design: A Cover Story 1935-2005
  • Pantone: The Twentieth Century in Color
  • Geometry of Design: Studies in Proportion and Composition
  • Book One: Work, 1986-2006
  • Design as Art
Italianissimo: The Quintessential Guide to What Italians Do Best The Civilized Shopper's Guide to Florence The Cognoscenti's Guide to Florence: Shop and Eat like a Florentine Grafica della Strada: The Signs of Italy Perfetto Pencils