Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Louise Fili has been an inspiration for designers around the world since the 1980s, when she raised the bar on book cover design, creating close to two thousand jackets as art director for Pantheon Books. In 1989 Fili founded her own graphic design studio, Louise Fili Ltd, and branched out into the fields of restaurant and food packaging design. Her lavish and elegant typo...more
Published September 5th 2012 by Princeton Architectural Press

Lichia
One of the most perfect books I've ever held in my hands, delicious from beginning to end. Louise Fili's attention to detail and design sensitivity is evident on every single page.
Jessica
I am slowly savoring this gorgeous, inspirational book. Louise Fili is such a creative genius and true talent that I may just forgive her snobbery towards NJ.
Brian Sooy
Louise's work is as delightful as she is in person. Aspiring type designers and lovers of type will enjoy her smart work, smart thinking, and gain insights into her sources of inspiration.
Q
Gorgeous typography - very inspiring.
Cara Ellison
Gorgeous, gorgeous lettering. Eleganissima is a book of pure inspiration.
Bill Wells
Great book about a great designer! What I found interesting is that you see sketches and she talks about the design process, rather than just being a catalog of her work. Some nice insights and humor.
Jessica
This book is gorgeous. Louise Fili's designs are full of personality, and I loved reading the witty back stories. I thought this might just be a coffee table book that I flipped through now and then, but I ended up reading it cover-to-cover.
Kathleen Bradshaw
This book is everything the title promises — elegant. It makes me happy just to look at it. If you are a designer, or someone who appreciates genius in the arrangement of line, shape and color, you must get this book.
Whitney
Feb 17, 2013 Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who love and appreciate good design
Interesting and inspiring! A lovely read and a fantastic reference to keep on the shelf.
Emily
Jaw dropping beautiful design.
Heather
A truly beautiful book.
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Brit Austin
Brit Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Jonathan Chan
Jonathan Chan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Swan
Swan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
  • Making and Breaking the Grid: A Graphic Design Layout Workshop
  • Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life
  • Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works
  • Abstract City
  • Grid Systems in Graphic Design/Raster Systeme Fur Die Visuele Gestaltung (German and English Edition)
  • After the End of Art: Contemporary Art and the Pale of History
  • Book One: Work, 1986-2006
  • The Best American Infographics 2013
  • The Art of Urban Sketching: Drawing On Location Around The World
  • Drawn In: A Peek into the Inspiring Sketchbooks of 44 Fine Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Designers, and Cartoonists
  • Glittering Images: A Journey Through Art from Egypt to Star Wars
  • An Illustrated Journey: Inspiration from the Private Art Journals of Traveling Artists, Illustrators and Designers
  • How to be a Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul
Italianissimo: The Quintessential Guide to What Italians Do Best The Civilized Shopper's Guide to Florence Perfetto Pencils Tutti Frutti Pencils The Cognoscenti's Guide to Florence: Where Florentines Go to Shop and Eat