Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

Elegantissima: The Design and Typography of Louise Fili

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Louise Fili has been an inspiration for designers around the world since the 1980s, when she raised the bar on book cover design, creating close to two thousand jackets as art director for Pantheon Books. In 1989 Fili founded her own graphic design studio, Louise Fili Ltd, and branched out into the fields of restaurant and food packaging design. Her lavish and elegant typo...more
Published September 5th 2012 by Princeton Architectural Press

Lichia
One of the most perfect books I've ever held in my hands, delicious from beginning to end. Louise Fili's attention to detail and design sensitivity is evident on every single page.
Jessica
I am slowly savoring this gorgeous, inspirational book. Louise Fili is such a creative genius and true talent that I may just forgive her snobbery towards NJ.
Brian Sooy
Louise's work is as delightful as she is in person. Aspiring type designers and lovers of type will enjoy her smart work, smart thinking, and gain insights into her sources of inspiration.
Cara Ellison
Gorgeous, gorgeous lettering. Eleganissima is a book of pure inspiration.
Bill Wells
Great book about a great designer! What I found interesting is that you see sketches and she talks about the design process, rather than just being a catalog of her work. Some nice insights and humor.
Jessica
This book is gorgeous. Louise Fili's designs are full of personality, and I loved reading the witty back stories. I thought this might just be a coffee table book that I flipped through now and then, but I ended up reading it cover-to-cover.
Kathleen Bradshaw
This book is everything the title promises — elegant. It makes me happy just to look at it. If you are a designer, or someone who appreciates genius in the arrangement of line, shape and color, you must get this book.
Whitney
Feb 17, 2013 Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: those who love and appreciate good design
Interesting and inspiring! A lovely read and a fantastic reference to keep on the shelf.
Emily
Jaw dropping beautiful design.
Heather
A truly beautiful book.
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Marie Tam Turner
Marie Tam Turner marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Pduahrte
Pduahrte marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Shweta Sridhar
Shweta Sridhar marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Squarekitty
Squarekitty marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Princess7v
Princess7v marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Kali
Kali added it
Mar 15, 2014
Raven Hymn
Raven Hymn marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Tina Valverde
Tina Valverde marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Jillian Nichols
Jillian Nichols marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Holdenk
Holdenk marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
  • Penguin by Design: A Cover Story 1935-2005
  • Information Graphics
  • Book One: Work, 1986-2006
  • Things I have learned in my life so far
  • Grid Systems in Graphic Design/Raster Systeme Fur Die Visuele Gestaltung (German and English Edition)
  • Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life
  • Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works
  • Abstract City
  • Etcetera: Creating Beautiful Interiors with the Things You Love
  • Chris Ware
  • Drawn In: A Peek into the Inspiring Sketchbooks of 44 Fine Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Designers, and Cartoonists
  • The Pinecone: The Story of Sarah Losh, Forgotten Romantic Heroine--Antiquarian, Architect, and Visionary
  • Geometry of Design: Studies in Proportion and Composition
Italianissimo: The Quintessential Guide to What Italians Do Best The Civilized Shopper's Guide to Florence Perfetto Pencils Grafica della Strada: The Signs of Italy Ravens in Winter