Start by marking “Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book” as Want to Read:
Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

Author and educator Jerry Pallotta teaches children subtraction in this tasty-looking book featuring the well-known chocolate Hershey's Kisses!

Children love chocolate! And what better way to teach them the basics of subtraction than with yummy Hershey's Kisses?

This follow-up title to THE HERSHEY'S KISSES ADDITION BOOK, which also features wacky and colorful clowns, is taug
Published July 1st 2002 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

Blakeley Norris
This book is a useful tool to help teach children about subtraction. It had some good strategies and would be a good way to include literacy into a math lesson. It would be fun to actually use the hershey kisses in this lesson, especially since the book displays them. It would not be a good idea to introduce the book and to not use the kisses idea because students would only be thinking about the candy the whole time and might even get mad that they were not given any. Also, if children did not ...more
Autumn Yoon
Mar 08, 2012 Autumn Yoon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ece-3601, math
This book is intended to help young students understand and comprehend the rules and the idea of subtraction. Using Hershey's Kisses and bright illustrations, the author of this book does a great job engaging students. However, I did find the book to be slightly overwhelming, especially for younger audiences. This book would probably work best for students in grades 1-2. The problems are very basic, but I believe reading the problem causes a bit of confustion.
Lindsey Rutledge
Jul 17, 2012 Lindsey Rutledge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book would be great to use for subtraction. It has some of the strategies that you can use and it would b awesome to tie in with some of your lesson plans. You could also involve chocolate, which I'm sure everybody in th class would love.
Julie Webb
Jul 09, 2009 Julie Webb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math-stories
Great introduction to subtraction. You can use chocolate chips instead of kisses.
Morgan Wright
Great book for beginners learning to subtract. Using the Hershey kisses would make it fun for the kids. It would best be used in a first grade classroom or the beginning of second grade to review.
Natalie Schmitt
Apr 23, 2012 Natalie Schmitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ece-3601, math
This book is good to use when teaching subtraction. This book discusses different counting strategies. And its HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE...great combination!!!
Jermaine
Jul 20, 2012 Jermaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for teachers to teach their students on how to subtract numbers
Ashley
Nov 03, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This would be a good book to introduce students to subtraction. This would be a way to make math fun!
Gaby Roman
Sep 30, 2012 Gaby Roman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math, subtraction
I didn't really like this book. I wouldn't use it in my classroom. I felt as thought there were subtraction problems that my students could work out, but overall the story was not good.
Lyndsay
What a great way to teach math but with chocolate and a book!
Megan Phillips
Apr 19, 2012 Megan Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Subtraction with Hershey's kisses! What a good idea. This book provides exciting examples of subtraction that students can understand easily.
Debbie Stahmann
Debbie Stahmann rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2008
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2008
Shiloah
Shiloah rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Logan asbury
Logan asbury rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2009
rende Bechtel
rende Bechtel rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Dianna
Dianna rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
Tessa Gorsuch
Tessa Gorsuch rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2008
Shelli
Shelli rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2008
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2010
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2009
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...