Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Author and educator Jerry Pallotta teaches children subtraction in this tasty-looking book featuring the well-known chocolate Hershey's Kisses!

Children love chocolate! And what better way to teach them the basics of subtraction than with yummy Hershey's Kisses?

This follow-up title to THE HERSHEY'S KISSES ADDITION BOOK, which also features wacky and colorful clowns, is taug...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hershey's Kisses Subtraction Book

Blakeley Norris
This book is a useful tool to help teach children about subtraction. It had some good strategies and would be a good way to include literacy into a math lesson. It would be fun to actually use the hershey kisses in this lesson, especially since the book displays them. It would not be a good idea to introduce the book and to not use the kisses idea because students would only be thinking about the candy the whole time and might even get mad that they were not given any. Also, if children did not...more
Autumn Yoon
This book is intended to help young students understand and comprehend the rules and the idea of subtraction. Using Hershey's Kisses and bright illustrations, the author of this book does a great job engaging students. However, I did find the book to be slightly overwhelming, especially for younger audiences. This book would probably work best for students in grades 1-2. The problems are very basic, but I believe reading the problem causes a bit of confustion.
Lindsey Rutledge
This book would be great to use for subtraction. It has some of the strategies that you can use and it would b awesome to tie in with some of your lesson plans. You could also involve chocolate, which I'm sure everybody in th class would love.
Morgan Wright
Great book for beginners learning to subtract. Using the Hershey kisses would make it fun for the kids. It would best be used in a first grade classroom or the beginning of second grade to review.
Gaby Roman
I didn't really like this book. I wouldn't use it in my classroom. I felt as thought there were subtraction problems that my students could work out, but overall the story was not good.
Natalie Schmitt
This book is good to use when teaching subtraction. This book discusses different counting strategies. And its HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE...great combination!!!
Megan Phillips
Subtraction with Hershey's kisses! What a good idea. This book provides exciting examples of subtraction that students can understand easily.
Ashley
This would be a good book to introduce students to subtraction. This would be a way to make math fun!
Julie Webb
Great introduction to subtraction. You can use chocolate chips instead of kisses.
Jermaine
Great book for teachers to teach their students on how to subtract numbers
Lyndsay
What a great way to teach math but with chocolate and a book!
Janna
Janna added it
Aug 23, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Jul 30, 2014
Angela Fagg
Angela Fagg marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 20, 2013
Heejin
Heejin marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Teri
Teri added it
Apr 28, 2013
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...
Apple Fractions The Icky Bug Alphabet Book Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight? Hershey's Fractions A Giraffe Did One