Start by marking “The Devil's Bounty (Ryan Lock, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Bounty (Ryan Lock, #4)

The Devil's Bounty (Ryan Lock #4)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  294 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Convicted of a series of horrific crimes against young women in the up-market California town of Santa Barbara, wealthy playboy Charlie Mendez has fled across the US border into Mexico.

As one bounty hunter after another meets a grisly end at the hands of the murderous drug cartel his family have hired to keep him safe, it seems that Mendez is one fugitive destined to remai
Published August 2nd 2012 by Bantam Press (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Bounty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Bounty

Best Crime Books & More
Aug 20, 2012 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
Okay Ladies and Gents, meet Mr Sean Black. His first book was released in 2009 and featured Ryan Lock an ex-soldier turned Bodyguard and his partner Tyrone Johnson. I picked the first one up and if I’m being 100% honest didn’t expect all that much. Just how many more characters like this could my mind take? As it turns out, my mind was very open to Ryan and Ty and now let me introduce you to my latest character crush!

I have read each of Sean Black’s 3 books in the series so far and was really lo
Book Addict Shaun
Feb 05, 2013 Book Addict Shaun rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, 2013
Wow. Sean Black just keeps getting better as an author and this latest book featuring Ryan and Ty was by far the best in the series. A worry for any fan of an author is always whether the next book will be as good as previous books however a few pages into this book and that worry vanished. This book was better than the others, by miles. And that is a huge compliment when you consider just how good the previous novels are.

Like the other books this one read like a movie. I could just imagine watc
Milo (Bane of Kings)
Review: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/11/...

“A fun, fast paced read that whilst may not be perfect is certainly pretty promising with some entertaining stuff. Accessible to newcomers as well as readers who have read the previous Ryan Lock novels - this helps make The Devil’s Bounty a fairly solid read.“ ~Bane of Kings, The Founding Fields

"HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO FOR JUSTICE?

Wealthy playboy CHARLIE MENDEZ is a violent rapist who thinks he’s above the law. When he’s finally convicted for his ho
Gerry Davy
May 15, 2015 Gerry Davy rated it it was amazing
The only thing I don't like about Sean Black's books is they are too darn short. I'm going through them like a fat kid through Smarties (I'm allowed to say that because I was a fat kid and I went through a lot of Smarties). Don't get me wrong, they're too short because I can't stop reading them. The story was interesting with the usual plot twists and turns I've come to expect from Black complete with lots of action. Another book you've got to read.
Jim A
Aug 15, 2012 Jim A rated it really liked it
A new author for me, picked up through the Amazon freebie program.

This is the fourth in a series featuring Ryan Lock and his partner, Tyrone Johnson as the protags. Dropping into the middle of this leaves the reader with a lack of back story. The author does a little fill in, but not a lot. Definitely will have to go back a catch up with the previous three books.

The book itself moves along at a fairly rapid pace. Some parts of the book are predictable, others contain some suspense. All in all i
Patricia
Oct 14, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Ryan Lock's world is filled with kidnapers, rapists, gang members, Mexican drug lords,
and a wealthy family who buys protection. He also knows a few good people -- a college coed who was raped and a Mexican policewoman seeking justice.

No graphic sex or violence
Al Davenport
Sep 27, 2015 Al Davenport rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great author!

I'm a new fan! Have read most of Lee Child's books, now I have another series to read. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Dale Flower
Jan 31, 2016 Dale Flower rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable lock and Ty Thriller. Love the way Sean Black writes at breakneck speed, and I look forward to reading the next adventure!
Christine bonner
Oct 03, 2012 Christine bonner rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book about Ryan Lock

Ryan and his partner Ty are working a bodyguards for a band when a girl get shots asking Ryan for help

Charlie Mendez left the states and went to Mexico after being on bail for rape of girls

Ryan and Ty go after him but you have the cartel in mexico looking for him, but lots of people are getting killed young girls found dead

A girl goes missing again and Ryan and Ty help to get her free and still get Charlie

the book has twist and turns all the way and you dont k
Marti
Jan 03, 2014 Marti rated it it was amazing
This is the third Sean Lock book that I have read, and it is a terrific action suspense story. He and his good friend Ty go to Mexico to find justice for Lock's slain fiancee, helping out another young woman, some law enforcement people, and apprehending Charlie Mendez, a rich scumbag. I hope to read any other of these books.
Karen
Jan 27, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this fast moving mystery. First Ryan Lock mystery but won't be the last.
Brian
Aug 25, 2012 Brian rated it it was ok
Let me preface by saying I really liked the first 3 books in the series. That said, this one was a disappointment. I can't put my finger on exactly what the problem was, but the writing seemed sort of antiseptic, very much like an instruction manual on how Lock went through a day. Lock was supposed to be dealing with grief, but I just didn't feel it. It didn't come across through the pages.
J.D.
May 04, 2013 J.D. rated it really liked it
This is my first Sean Black book, and it won't be my last. It's a straight-ahead solid thriller in the Lee Child/Greg Rucka mold: a bad-ass hero with trouble in his past helping out the weak and preyed-upon. It's a classic formula, and Sean Black executes it well and keeps it fresh. The plot moves right along and keeps you turning the pages. Recommended.
Vanessa
Jun 12, 2015 Vanessa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and love the whole Ryan Lock series. I actually read book 5 first, but then went back and read from the beginning. It is a well written book, full of action and I love Ryan and Ty and the friendship they have. Will definitely be reading the next one.
Jim Morton
Jan 29, 2015 Jim Morton rated it really liked it

fast moving and excellent.
Clare
Sep 09, 2012 Clare rated it liked it
I have to say this was prob my least favorite Ryan Lock Book out of the series so far, but the characters are so easy to like, and the banter between them makes the book very readable.
Cant wait for the next Ryan Lock book.
Stacey Wright Aumock
Jan 02, 2013 Stacey Wright Aumock rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
The action never stopped in this book! I anticipated more focus on Lock's grief in this book, but was a bit disappointed. Overall, I solid, action-packed book. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Dad
Sep 30, 2012 Dad rated it really liked it
Kindle book. A very good action novel. Hope things aren't as bad in Mexico as painted in this novel, but they probably are.
Sangeeta
Jan 25, 2013 Sangeeta rated it it was ok
Not half bad, but not nearly as tight and entertaining as the earlier Lock books. Shame. And I so hope this is a temporary blip.
Nov 04, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
As fantastic as always, Ryan Lock makes for a brilliant leading character - read it in one go, it's just that great!
Jane
May 03, 2013 Jane rated it really liked it
Easy read. Love this author. Would advise you to read the whole series rather than reading as a one off.
Pete Hannon
Sep 26, 2012 Pete Hannon rated it really liked it
A very good look into the corruption in Mexican politics and police officials. Good read.
K, Nz
Jan 12, 2013 K, Nz rated it liked it
Started this one before the 3rd in the series. I like Ryan and Ty as characters.
Yvonne Powderly
Sep 03, 2012 Yvonne Powderly rated it liked it
I like this series. Not as good as the first, but better than the 3rd.
Heather
May 17, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Very interesting read, lots of plot twists and turns. Recommend!
Cameron
Oct 27, 2012 Cameron rated it it was amazing

Another cracker from Sean Black, keeping them coming
AH
Aug 11, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kindle free download 8/11/12.
Dan Staud
Oct 14, 2012 Dan Staud rated it it was amazing
Reminds me of the movie Taken
Geoff Blaikie
Jan 02, 2013 Geoff Blaikie rated it did not like it
Lightweight
Germaine
Nov 08, 2013 Germaine rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • Slash and Burn (Joe Hunter, #3)
  • Material Witness
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • The Spinoza Trilogy
  • Pandora's Succession
  • Last Chance Lassiter (Jake Lassiter #9)
  • Vengeance
  • Hunted (Hunted, #1)
  • The Street
  • All Of Me
  • Night Time: Two Novels
  • Broken Bodies
  • Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants, #1)
  • Downside Up (Downsiders, #2)
  • Ghosts: The Complete Series
  • Grave Situation
  • Voice
I write the Ryan Lock series of thrillers, which feature ex-military bodyguard Ryan Lock and his partner, former Marine, Ty Johnson. The first two books in the series, Lockdown and Deadlock, hit the Official UK Top 50 Bestseller Chart, and the third, Gridlock, has just been released in hardback. They have have also been translated into Dutch, German, and Russian.

I'm a firm believer in hands-on res
More about Sean Black...

Ryan Lock (7 books)
  • Lockdown (Ryan Lock, #1)
  • Deadlock (Ryan Lock, #2)
  • Gridlock (Ryan Lock, #3)
  • The Innocent
  • Fire Point (Ryan Lock, #6)
  • The Edge of Alone (Ryan Lock, #7)