Start by marking “Wabi Sabi: Timeless Wisdom for a Stress-Free Life” as Want to Read:
Wabi Sabi: Timeless Wisdom for a Stress-Free Life

Wabi Sabi: Timeless Wisdom for a Stress-Free Life

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
According to the American Psychological Association, more than one in five Americans experience extreme stress on a daily basis. In an age when most people spend more time looking at a computer screen than out a window, and when human interaction flies by at the speed of an email, it’s no wonder we’re a society searching for a sense of meaning and purpose.

Now Swedish exper
Published November 21st 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wabi Sabi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wabi Sabi

Patrick Hanlon
Feb 22, 2015 Patrick Hanlon rated it it was ok
A truly disappointing read. I have been seeking material on wabi sabi for quite some time and gladly added this book to my collection on the topic. Ultimately I found it ambitious but unfocused in its efforts to move beyond the more common applications of wabi sabi to design to the topics more associated with self-help. I agree there may be a good application of wabi sabi concepts to self-help but this is not the book that does it. Concepts are not fully elaborated upon, especially that of "rest ...more
Greenmoments
Jul 02, 2015 Greenmoments rated it liked it
After reading this book I highlighted for myself some areas which I can apply the things I learned to, but there were also many things I don't think I'll ever apply and they just didn't resonate with me. Also, I am quite sure I found several small spelling errors, which I didn't really like; unless I am wrong.
Laurie
Mar 28, 2016 Laurie added it
Great!
Nicole
Jul 10, 2015 Nicole rated it it was ok
The editor missed a lot when reviewing the English translation of this book. Grammar and spelling errors are fairly common and in some cases make the sentence impossible to understand. That being said, I thought this was a nice introduction to wabi sabi, as someone who isn't familiar with it. More than anything, it makes me want to find more detailed texts about wabi sabi.
Denise Caudell
Jun 20, 2013 Denise Caudell rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
YES EVERYONE WHO IS STRESSED OUT THERE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. Seriously, it is good and leaves the reader with some good advice on how to live a stress free life. Wabi Sabi Timeless Wisdom for a Stress-Free Life by Agneta Nyholm Winqvist
Jul 01, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
This book is rather difficult to read due to several reasons. First the translation is "off" in many places. Second, I am totally unfamiliar with Wabi Sabi, so the ideas were challenging and even confusing in some places. Lastly, the book is long and this author's life experiences are very different from mine, so some of the context wasn't very clear for me.
Carol
Jun 04, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
There are not many books written about Wabi Sabi. It is interesting but I had to re-read some paragraphs as the translation was confusing sometimes.It looks at Wabi Sabi from different perspectives and I would recommend it as a good introduction.
Bree
Bree rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Mk
Mk added it
Mar 19, 2016
Jen Locke
Jen Locke marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Prapoj
Prapoj marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Prachak Tanti
Prachak Tanti marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Woraphat Phucharoen
Woraphat Phucharoen marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Peter. Yawei Zhang
Peter. Yawei Zhang rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Johan Aziz
Johan Aziz marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2015
MISS N J WEDRYCHOWSKI
MISS N J WEDRYCHOWSKI rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Julie Gohman
Julie Gohman rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
T. Marrotta
T. Marrotta rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Emelie
Emelie rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Laura Lein-svencner
Laura Lein-svencner rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Alyska
Alyska rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Shaleen
Shaleen marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Faith Chua
Faith Chua rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Mats Larsson
Mats Larsson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014