Start by marking “Master Stinky Dances” as Want to Read:
Master Stinky Dances

Master Stinky Dances

Master Stinky is hungry, but he smells bad. He's a stranger, too! Should the kittens share with a stranger? They don't think so. The kittens soon learn that Master Stinky has a special talent which makes him friends and fills his tummy.
Published July 10th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Master Stinky Dances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master Stinky Dances

Alana
Sep 12, 2016 Alana rated it it was amazing
I liked the message of this book, it shows how some can be conceded about them selves and bully others for being different but with changing events they learn to love someone despite their differences.
Samuel Spector
Sep 14, 2016 Samuel Spector rated it it was amazing
Overall a simple but well written. Tells a good lesson and depicts the simplicity of children pretty well.
Trevor Land
Sep 12, 2016 Trevor Land rated it it was amazing
Master Stinky Dances is a very good children's book in my opinion. I loved the use of onomonopiea in the writing, and some loose rhyming pattern. I also thought the book had a very good story. One thing I found odd was that I could not figure out which cat was talking to the skunk at sometimes.
Booklover1592
Jun 01, 2014 Booklover1592 rated it really liked it
Rating - 4 Stars

Master Stinky Dances is about a hungry smelly skunk looking for food. He stumbles upon a group of kittens playing on their farm. The kittens are at first taken aback by this newcomer, telling him this is their home and they will not share their food with him. After the kittens begin to notice how beautiful his fur is, they start to like him more. He gets a little nervous and sprays in the air. However after he does a very cool looking dance, the kittens decide he is pretty and ca
Thomas
Sep 12, 2016 Thomas rated it liked it
Over all the book was alright it had some high and low points. Good message to the reader if able to comprehend. Cons are my own personal thing about bulling just don't enjoy it in any setting.
Lyndsie Holman
Sep 12, 2016 Lyndsie Holman rated it really liked it
I like this book. It shows kids that being mean to others does not pay off. It shows that sharing is caring. There is one little character in the book that shows how to treat friends.
Alexa Burnett
Sep 12, 2016 Alexa Burnett rated it really liked it
It was a very cute book. It is great for children to show differences and bullying and how we can come together. Would recommend it.
Richard Dudley
Sep 12, 2016 Richard Dudley rated it it was amazing
This book provides parents with a valuable teaching tool for their kids. It emphasizes the fact that if you have bad behavior, such as bullying, you will get nowhere.
Isaac Smith
May 30, 2014 Isaac Smith rated it it was amazing
The book Master Stinky Dances is about a group of bug hunting kittens and what they think is strange looking cat but is a lonely, hungry skunk. The cats befriend the skunk but at the same time tease and make of him because of what he looks like and smells like. As the book progresses they find out he has great qualities and they all dance. Towards the end the smallest kitten shares a bug with the skunk that he had caught.

This book shows how kids treat and act towards other kids who are differen
Melissa Mcdonald
Sep 12, 2016 Melissa Mcdonald rated it really liked it
I think the book was really good and it showed that just because something is different doesn't mean you cant be friends with it. It also shows that its ok to share and care for others.
Holley
Sep 12, 2016 Holley rated it it was amazing
It is a great learning book for kids. It has about three learning abilities for the kids to help understand.
Jerron Jones
I think the author thinks that, No matter how different we are, everyone is special.
The character's motivation is to not to tease other people because what they look like.
Consider the effects of the character’s behavior on other characters it’s never okay to tease people.
Colten Long
May 28, 2014 Colten Long rated it liked it
A group of kittens is out at night hunting crickets for food. When a starving skunk comes up begging for just a small portion to eat. The kittens admire some of the animal qualities as well as poke fun at it's problems. As the night progresses they become friends and began to dance and have fun. In the end, the smallest kitten gives the meal it caught to the skunk.

1This would be a good story to read to kids who need a way to grasp the idea of life problems. "Master Stinky Dances," delivers gre
Alberto Duarte
May 30, 2014 Alberto Duarte rated it really liked it
Master stink dances is a childrens book that teaches us about making friends, learning to share and environmental issues. This book is about a skunk that is very hungry and and comes across a group of kittens. At first they were making fun of him but in the end they learned that he turned out to be a pretty cool skunk so they befriended him.

I thought this book was pretty comical. i liked the association with the environmental issue how the skunk couldn't find anything to eat because of all the p
Victoria Horne
Jun 01, 2014 Victoria Horne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults and children
Recommended to Victoria by: friends
The book Master Stinky Dances by Gean Penny is a delightful story about friendship and acceptance. The experiences are a roller coaster of emotions that we all have experienced and make this book a must read for children and adults. The book offers real like experiences and puts you in the shoes of the characters in the book. I enjoyed this book because it introduced issues about diversity and acceptance. This book serves a learning tool for children of all ages with characters and circumstances ...more
Casey Hartnett
May 28, 2014 Casey Hartnett rated it really liked it
Master stinky dances is about a farm full of bug hunting kittens who meet a starving kitten that is actually a skunk, they befriend the skunk and share a bug with it the skunk then sprays the cats. They are conflicted some want to be friends and some don't want to share with the smelly skunk the skunk tells them his life story and they get along.

The book does teach some lessons like helping the less fortunate, sharing and unlike creatures getting along. master stinky is a great book to teach yo
Matt Domagala
May 28, 2014 Matt Domagala rated it really liked it
Master Stinky Dances is a book that would be appealing for a child who is starting to expand on their reading abilities. The story has a good story line and makes it easy to follow as you progress through. The pictures illustrate very well to the reader of what they are reading. The story is about a group of kittens who come across a new friend while looking for food that turns out to be a skunk. After finding food, they do not want to share with each other, but quickly find out that their new ...more
Christian Ramsey
Aug 03, 2014 Christian Ramsey rated it really liked it
The short story Master Stinky Dances has to do with how everyone (including kittens) comes from different walks of life, and some can be worse than others. I believe that this story also has to do with how others are treated, and are sometimes even teased for being different. After the poor skunk accidentally sprays one of the kittens because he gets spooked, all of the cats start chanting and calling the skunk "Master Stinky, Master Stinky!!" One of the kittens realizes after talking to the ...more
Nick Carter
Sep 25, 2015 Nick Carter rated it really liked it
Master stink dances A childrens book that teaches us how to make friends. Also about learning to share. And then about the environmental. This book is also about a skunk that is hungry and he comes across a group of kittens playing.First they were making fun of him then in the end they learned that he turned out to be a pretty nice and fun skunk so they became friends.

The book teach us some good lessons like helping the less fortunate, sharing and about getting along with every one. master stink
DiAnna Richardson
Sep 20, 2015 DiAnna Richardson rated it really liked it
Master Stinky Dances is another wonderfully written book by Gean Penny that teaches its readers valuable lessons from beauty, talents, and even a subtle lesson on an environmental issue.The story tells of several kittens showing off their beauty, and enjoying playing and hunting for food. When a strange animal appears in the darkness, the kittens suddenly find themselves on guard. As the story is told, it teaches us that each of us are unique in our own way. It tells of the struggles of the ...more
Casey Witt
May 29, 2014 Casey Witt rated it really liked it
In this book a skunk shows up to a house with a bunch of playful kittens while they are feeding on some crickets. The skunk was very hungry at first and the kittens were teasing it. Finally the kittens accepted the differences of the skunk and shared their food.

This is a good book to show young children that everyone has their differences. The book introduces them into an animals world and how they live in their own habitat. Also shows them that animals may struggle just like humans do.

It teach
Devon Derrick
Sep 23, 2015 Devon Derrick rated it it was amazing
This story, Master Stinky Dances, is a children's book about a hungry skunk that runs upon a group of selfish cats that do not want to share their food nor accept him for being different. The book shows a lot of realistic values relating to kids and bullying issues. The cats began to accept the cat and found out they have a lot more in common then they think. This book shows a lot of different emotions and judgment. Gean Penny is a terrific author because is most of her book she breaks down life ...more
William Johnson
Jun 18, 2014 William Johnson rated it really liked it
Master Stinky Dances is a great story of how society struggles to accept people that are different only with the use of a skunk and kittens. The way that the kittens question the skunk and its different characteristics shows realism through the way that people question strangers and the way they feel when they are different. Story also shows the society aspect of acceptance the diversity of friendship. This book would be a good way to teach about acceptance and the way Eco systems work.
Rejino Lopez
May 29, 2014 Rejino Lopez rated it it was amazing
A cute little story about a skunk and some kittens. The author finds a great way to convey a story about a little skunk being bullied by other little kittens. Don't worry there's a happy ending for all!!
A book like this would be great for adolescent children to middle school children to realize and understanding of bullying of others.
As soon as I begin to find the flow of the read, I really enjoyed the story. 5 stars.
Walter Lawson
Sep 24, 2015 Walter Lawson rated it it was amazing
Master Stinky Dances is a book about a hungry skunk that stumbles upon a group of cats talking, playing, and feasting on bugs. The skunk decides to talk to the cats and after a short time of getting acquainted, befriends the cats. The cats soon learn that Master Stinky emits his own unique smell when frightened. He restores their interest in him by dancing around to fan the smell away. Ultimately, the book is about not judging a book by its cover. It's a great read.
Angel
Jul 16, 2014 Angel rated it really liked it
Master Stinky Dances is a wonderful story that is excellent for beginning readers. The story is about a starving skunk that has lost his family, but finds a farm with kittens that all have different personalities. The realism in the story helps children understand to not judge a book by its cover no matter what color or where you come from everyone is special in their own way.
David Lockett
May 30, 2014 David Lockett rated it it was amazing
The book was about group of baby cat who was having fun under the farm lights. then they met a hungry skunk.
This was a very good book. The book shared rhyming words and told a short story. It is good for young child cause will teach them how be accepted, how to make friends, and build self esteem.
Kimi Mabry
Sep 22, 2015 Kimi Mabry rated it really liked it
I liked the book however when I tried to read it to a child it didn't catch their attention. I like how the message is pretty much to not judge a book by its cover. The diversity in the book is great. This book also shows that poverty is not only in humans and other species suffer from it as well.
Hannah
Oct 04, 2015 Hannah added it
Master Stinky Dances was an interesting book. I liked the ideas of environmental destruction it focused on. I also enjoyed how it showed that if one person can be nice to someone in need, that could spark a chain reaction of everyone else being nice and helping someone else.
Wani Dogale