Start by marking “Wanda Gag: Storybook Artist” as Want to Read:
Wanda Gag: Storybook Artist

Wanda Gag: Storybook Artist

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Famous for her elegantly written and whimsically illustrated children’s books Millions of Cats, The Funny Thing, Snippy and Snappy, and Tales from Grimm, Wanda Gág (1893–1946) lived a life not unlike that of the characters in the German fairy tales that her grandparents told her as a girl.

In a new biography for young readers, award-winning author Gwenyth Swain brings the v
Published August 15th 2005 by Borealis Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wanda Gag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanda Gag

Sonja
A decent overview of Gag's life and the important part of her story. Also, the first official verification that this author did indeed board with my family (the Roigers) while teaching near Springfield. More research is needed to find out exactly who that was!
Nancy
I loved this. (Super cute hairdo on the cover, too!). Wonderful story of the writer/illustrator of one of my favorite children's books ever, Millions of Cats. It led me to some of the other picture books, wish I had known those earlier! Always nice to know that the great skills of a young girl also got her through her adult life; complete with true love and a farm house full of family (sibs) and gallery showings in New York. I'm thankful for this snapshot, will continue to read more about her.
Lisagarden
Lisagarden marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Nov 17, 2014
Diane Mullaly
Diane Mullaly marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Christina Dawn
Christina Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Kit Umscheid
Kit Umscheid marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Lacey
Lacey added it
Dec 13, 2010
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2008
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2008
Hope and Tears: Ellis Island Voices Riding to Washington Chig and the Second Spread World War I Smiling (English–Arabic)