Start by marking “Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic” as Want to Read:
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,993 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Practice an ancient magic that is both natural and powerful--the elemental Earth magic of crystals, stones, and metals. This comprehensive and clear guidebook by Scott Cunningham has introduced over 200,000 readers to the secrets of over 100 gems and metals. Learn how to find and cleanse stones and use them in divinations, spells, and tarot card readings. Discover how to d ...more
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published 1987)

Be the first to ask a question about Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton
The Best Pagan Books
15th out of 210 books — 149 voters
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourc... by Scott CunninghamDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott CunninghamCunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic by Scott CunninghamInitiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon
Essential Magikal Books
4th out of 93 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Anjie Brown
Fantastic referance book! Well written and informative. I have other crystal books that I love, but this is the first one that talks about the crystal and gems relationships and associations to goddesses/gods, the sun, moon, planets and other celestial beings, as well as their interactions with metals. It discusses using crystals by themselves, together, or as divination tools. Most complete crystal book I've found so far, and I'd recommend it to every one!
Angela Coulter
This was the very first book I ever purchased about the use of crystals... I bought it about 22 years ago, and I still have it!

Very simple and practical introduction of crystal use.
Patricia
Another compendium of Cunningham's that remains useful at all levels of practice.
Gwyndyllyn
As far as a reference for stones, this is a solid choice. An important text to have on hand.
Lisa James
Absolutely my favorite book in this series! Mine is dog eared & well loved!
Tabitha Chamberlain
I'm disappointed by the fact that there weren't exactly a lot of details on the stones. Otherwise good for working stones into magic.
Fusun Dulger charles
Informative for people who want to work with Crystals.
Deirdrie
Again, anyone who KNOWS me well knows that I don't always read a book cover-to-cover (including The Bible, which I've read and of which many scriptures I've memorized and quoted). I skip around. So, I'm not on any one page but I began reading it 2 or 3 days ago.

This book was given to me by a family member. It definitely has some juicy information. Once I've absorbed all of the details which lie within these 268+ pages, I can take a short break from my intense crystal and stone magical and healin
Gem Love
One of my favorite ways to learn healing magic.
Pamela
This is Cunningham's excellent resource on using gemstones and metals in your magic. It's in encyclopedia format, with entries for dozens of different gems and metals, and is in indispensable resource, IMO. Its only real flaw for me is that it's lacking in the image department. For something as visual as gemstones, I would like to have had color images for all of the entries; otherwise, it might be very difficult to identify a mystery stone in your possession.
Aaron Meyer
A whole book for crystals, gems and metals. How cool does it get. Yeah I liked, and yes it is a typical Scott Cunningham book, but I still use it after all these years no matter how many other books I get.
Aryanne
The introductory and explanatory chapters in this book have a lot to offer. The presentation is concise and genuine. The spells on the other hand seem generic and without any sense of enthusiasm. If Cunningham had applied his obviously extensive knowledge to the spells for each stone, its possible this would have been a four or five star review.
Sylwia
Nov 27, 2013 Sylwia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sylwia by: Jazmin
Incredible book: easy to read, full of wisdom and knowledge, but also narrated by someone who is enjoyable to listen to. I almost never finish a book in one sitting, but from the moment I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. I will be referring to this book for years to come.
Serena
Wonderful! I love it. Easy to work with and I can find what I am looking for quiet fast. The only thing is that the photo's are placed in the middle of the book. I would have prefered them to be on the same page as the info about the object.
Teresa Marie
For it's time it was probably a decent book, back when the properties of crystals and stones was not extremely accessible or popular. However today there are much better books out there, therefore I can only give this book 2 stars.
Kimberly
Great book. I did not find this useful when I was a beginner as no pictures and a little lost. Once you have learned a little something on crystals this book is an excellent resource.
Jim Amy
A whitelighter overview of Stone and Metal (no, not heavy metal)Magic. It's simple,comprehensive but not classic literature. An OK reference book.
Julie Jenks
Learning a lot of interesting information in this book. The diamond is in wedding rings because it is connected to passion, trust, love,...
Caz
Great book as usual, from sadly the late Scott Cunningham. The best reference book Ive ever read on crystals, minerals etc.
Jade

I got this while doing some research for my novel, but even the hubby has found it helpful with his studies (Geology).
Connie Easlick
This book needed some major pictures!
Other than that, it is very good at describing what you can use stones and metals for.
Effie
I think cunningham covered the content he put into this book well...but I feel as if there should have been more
Andrine Morse
Good writer's reference and a good beginner guide to the more superstitious, folklore aspect of rocks and minerals.
Steph
This was my very first book, starting my adventure in magic!
Holly
Nov 05, 2009 Holly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Energy healers
a simple straight forward basic reference tool for stones and metals
Biljana
Very informative and really tells u what to do and how
Rusty
Great book. Full of great information.
Mike Allen
Genius info. I am going to be buying this one
Henrietta
Not as detailed as I would have liked.
Marianne Staveley
A pretty comprehensive reference.
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • To Stir a Magick Cauldron: Witch's Guide to Casting and Conjuring (RavenWolf to)
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Coven Craft: Witchcraft for Three or More
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
  • The Witches' God
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
Scott Douglas Cunningham was the author of dozens of popular books on Wicca and various other alternative religious subjects. Today the name Cunningham is synonymous with natural magic and the magical community. He is recognized today as one of the most influential and revolutionary authors in the field of natural magic.

Scott Cunningham was born at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michi
More about Scott Cunningham...
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series) (Cunningham's Encyclopedia Series) The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews Earth, Air, Fire & Water: More Techniques of Natural Magic