Start by marking “Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic” as Want to Read:
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,274 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Practice an ancient magic that is both natural and powerful—the elemental Earth magic of crystals, stones, and metals. This comprehensive and clear guidebook by Scott Cunningham has introduced over 200,000 readers to the secrets of over 100 gems and metals. Learn how to find and cleanse stones and use them in divinations, spells, and tarot card readings. Discover how to de ...more
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published 1987)

Be the first to ask a question about Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic

Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald HuttonCunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham
The Best Pagan Books
21st out of 286 books — 203 voters
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott CunninghamDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckInitiation Into Hermetics by Franz BardonCunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic by Scott CunninghamThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott Cunningham
Essential Magikal Books
4th out of 118 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Anjie Brown
Feb 13, 2008 Anjie Brown rated it really liked it
Fantastic referance book! Well written and informative. I have other crystal books that I love, but this is the first one that talks about the crystal and gems relationships and associations to goddesses/gods, the sun, moon, planets and other celestial beings, as well as their interactions with metals. It discusses using crystals by themselves, together, or as divination tools. Most complete crystal book I've found so far, and I'd recommend it to every one!
Angela Coulter
This was the very first book I ever purchased about the use of crystals... I bought it about 22 years ago, and I still have it!

Very simple and practical introduction of crystal use.
Patricia
May 02, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Another compendium of Cunningham's that remains useful at all levels of practice.
Helena Gouveia ☾
Esse livro eh muito bom! Decidi le-lo porque estou viciada em pedras e seus usos na bruxaria moderna. O livro eh sensacional, super recomendo sem sombra de duvidas! Nao pude esperar mais dele.

O autor tem uma otima escrita, bem fluida e facil de ser entedida por qualquer um. No final do livro tem ate um pequeno dicionario para caso voce nao saiba o que algum termo significa.

Eu li no Kindle por desespero, queria muito ler e eu pessoalmente nao recomendo a leitura no kindle deste livro. Por ser u
Gwyndyllyn
Aug 23, 2007 Gwyndyllyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: magicgeneral
As far as a reference for stones, this is a solid choice. An important text to have on hand.
Lisa James
Mar 06, 2011 Lisa James rated it really liked it
Absolutely my favorite book in this series! Mine is dog eared & well loved!
Nathan Burgoine
May 18, 2015 Nathan Burgoine rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Classic Cunningham (who, when I was younger, was likely one of the most informative authors of wicca/paganism I read), this is the guide for those interested in gem work, crystal magic, and metal magic. I only rate this book so low because I rarely end up using it - I have a quick glance through whenever I pick up a stone that gives me a good feeling, or if I'm looking for a particular effect, but it's not inspired reading - it can be rather like a grocery list.
Tabitha Chamberlain
I'm disappointed by the fact that there weren't exactly a lot of details on the stones. Otherwise good for working stones into magic.
Fusun Dulger charles
Feb 21, 2014 Fusun Dulger charles rated it really liked it
Informative for people who want to work with Crystals.
James Savelli
Nov 01, 2015 James Savelli rated it really liked it
James Savelli recommends this book.
Deirdrie
May 24, 2012 Deirdrie rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Again, anyone who KNOWS me well knows that I don't always read a book cover-to-cover (including The Bible, which I've read and of which many scriptures I've memorized and quoted). I skip around. So, I'm not on any one page but I began reading it 2 or 3 days ago.

This book was given to me by a family member. It definitely has some juicy information. Once I've absorbed all of the details which lie within these 268+ pages, I can take a short break from my intense crystal and stone magical and healin
Gem Love
Sep 24, 2014 Gem Love rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite ways to learn healing magic.
Pamela
Mar 14, 2008 Pamela rated it really liked it
This is Cunningham's excellent resource on using gemstones and metals in your magic. It's in encyclopedia format, with entries for dozens of different gems and metals, and is in indispensable resource, IMO. Its only real flaw for me is that it's lacking in the image department. For something as visual as gemstones, I would like to have had color images for all of the entries; otherwise, it might be very difficult to identify a mystery stone in your possession.
Aaron Meyer
Jan 11, 2014 Aaron Meyer rated it really liked it
Shelves: occult
A whole book for crystals, gems and metals. How cool does it get. Yeah I liked, and yes it is a typical Scott Cunningham book, but I still use it after all these years no matter how many other books I get.
Aryanne
Jun 10, 2014 Aryanne rated it liked it
The introductory and explanatory chapters in this book have a lot to offer. The presentation is concise and genuine. The spells on the other hand seem generic and without any sense of enthusiasm. If Cunningham had applied his obviously extensive knowledge to the spells for each stone, its possible this would have been a four or five star review.
Sylwia
Nov 27, 2013 Sylwia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sylwia by: Jazmin
Incredible book: easy to read, full of wisdom and knowledge, but also narrated by someone who is enjoyable to listen to. I almost never finish a book in one sitting, but from the moment I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. I will be referring to this book for years to come.
Serena
May 24, 2011 Serena rated it really liked it
Wonderful! I love it. Easy to work with and I can find what I am looking for quiet fast. The only thing is that the photo's are placed in the middle of the book. I would have prefered them to be on the same page as the info about the object.
Teresa Marie
May 03, 2013 Teresa Marie rated it it was ok
Shelves: magic
For it's time it was probably a decent book, back when the properties of crystals and stones was not extremely accessible or popular. However today there are much better books out there, therefore I can only give this book 2 stars.
Pagan Hare
Mar 23, 2016 Pagan Hare rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book that can be used in conjunction with Scott's other excellent book Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herb!!

I would be equally happy to recommend this book to anyone!
Kimberly
Nov 26, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Great book. I did not find this useful when I was a beginner as no pictures and a little lost. Once you have learned a little something on crystals this book is an excellent resource.
Jim Amy
Nov 22, 2013 Jim Amy rated it liked it
A whitelighter overview of Stone and Metal (no, not heavy metal)Magic. It's simple,comprehensive but not classic literature. An OK reference book.
Julie Jenks
Feb 01, 2013 Julie Jenks rated it it was amazing
Learning a lot of interesting information in this book. The diamond is in wedding rings because it is connected to passion, trust, love,...
Caz
May 14, 2012 Caz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witchcraft-wicca
Great book as usual, from sadly the late Scott Cunningham. The best reference book Ive ever read on crystals, minerals etc.
Jade
Oct 02, 2012 Jade rated it really liked it

I got this while doing some research for my novel, but even the hubby has found it helpful with his studies (Geology).
Connie Easlick
Dec 26, 2008 Connie Easlick rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book needed some major pictures!
Other than that, it is very good at describing what you can use stones and metals for.
Effie
Mar 14, 2014 Effie rated it liked it
I think cunningham covered the content he put into this book well...but I feel as if there should have been more
Andrine Morse
Mar 09, 2013 Andrine Morse rated it liked it
Shelves: herbs-health
Good writer's reference and a good beginner guide to the more superstitious, folklore aspect of rocks and minerals.
Steph
Jan 22, 2009 Steph rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
This was my very first book, starting my adventure in magic!
Holly
Nov 05, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Energy healers
a simple straight forward basic reference tool for stones and metals
Biljana
Mar 29, 2013 Biljana rated it it was amazing
Very informative and really tells u what to do and how
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • To Light a Sacred Flame: Practical Witchcraft for the Millennium
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • The Witches' God
  • Coven Craft: Witchcraft for Three or More
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
Scott Douglas Cunningham was the author of dozens of popular books on Wicca and various other alternative religious subjects. Today the name Cunningham is synonymous with natural magic and the magical community. He is recognized today as one of the most influential and revolutionary authors in the field of natural magic.

Scott Cunningham was born at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michi
More about Scott Cunningham...