Start by marking “Birds of a Feather” as Want to Read:
Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This lush, oversized book about birds features a variety of interactive guessing games and special features, including more than 40 lift-the-flaps and more than 15 pop-ups, plus intriguing facts about each bird, providing readers with hours of educational entertainment. With elegant, graphic illustrations, Birds of a Feather is a feast for the eyes as well as the mind.
Published September 26th 2012 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Birds of a Feather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds of a Feather

Bryan
Birds of a Feather is a very interesting and absolutely beautiful book about different birds. It is a very fun book because each page is a new surprise of different tabs to pull open or different feathers to move to locate the facts about specific birds. My favorite page is a page made out of feathers that you move to locate facts. Each feather is unique to the bird facts behind the tab. Other pages have pictures of the eggs each bird hatches as well as an interactive bird making page. These pag...more
The Styling Librarian
Birds of a Feather and Out of Sight and The Open Ocean by Francesco Pittau, illustrated by Bernadette Gervais – All three of these books are absolutely gorgeous and packed with fascinating facts. They’re large books with movable parts. They also will be your book that readers will pour over and obsessively learn random facts… fantastic books, wish I could afford the luggage space to bring these back to Hong Kong now. They’ll be on an order sooner than later for my library.
Barbara
Filled with black and white and color-drenched lift-the-flap devices and jigsaw puzzle pieces that reveal information about various birds, such as the grey crowned crane and the ostrich, this book will have young readers intrigued for long periods of time. I loved the two pages filled with actual bird eggs and the flaps covered with birds' feathers, which reveal the type of bird and an interesting bird fact. Readers will enjoy trying to guess the birds from their silhouettes and eggs. This is a...more
Donalyn
Visually stunning with an engaging lift-the-flap design. Beautiful images of eggs, feathers, and silhouettes hide interesting facts about scores of birds. I particularly appreciate the book's larger size and sturdy card stock flaps, which help the book hold up to many rereadings. I have ordered Pittau & Gervais' Out of Sight and look forward to reading both books with children.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
OMG! How did I not see this earlier or know about this book? AMAZING - a little dangerous for library use due to all of the flaps and things that open up or flip in this book but love this one.
Margie
Bernadette Gervais and Francesco Pittau have created a wonderful, interactive, informative books about the unique characteristics of birds throughout our world.

My full review:
Edward Sullivan
A stunning, oversized book about birds featuring interactive guessing games and dozens of lift-the-flaps and pop-ups, and interesting facts about each bird. Elegant and delightful.
Claire
Best for 3-5 years old and up, vocabulary. Non-fiction, pop up and flip book about various birds. Interactive but perhaps not the best for storytimes.
Jenny
Gorgeous book. I was more enthralled by its design rather than its content. I'm not sure this book will last in a library!
Liz
Oversized, pretty cool, pop-up, guessing flap book. Learn all about different birds, their feathers, their eggs and more!
Dawn Trlak-Donahue
Unique layout- like the silhouettes the best.
Jess
Beautiful, engaging, fun!
Allyson Ronghi
fun book for kids to read!
Danielle Heape
Danielle Heape marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Meghan Nels
Meghan Nels marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Michelle Persichetti
Michelle Persichetti marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rachel Dallaire
Rachel Dallaire marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Elephant Elements At School In the Country: A Lift-The-Flap Learning Book Seepralta lorahti pissa Phil And Fred The Tightrope Walkers