Start by marking “Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild” as Want to Read:
Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild

Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A teen’s suspicious death, a shocking police cover-up and a mother’s search for the truth.

In 1990, on a November night that hit –28 degrees Celsius, seventeen-year-old Neil Stonechild disappeared only blocks from his mother’s home. His frozen body was found three days later, eight kilometres from where he was last seen in downtown Saskatoon. The police investigation was cu
Published November 8th 2005 by Random House Canada

To ask other readers questions about Starlight Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlight Tour

Alyssa Taylor
Great book, very sad, but eye opening. I lived there, and worked for the attorney in this book. Not in the office but as "help". I am originally from the states, and moving to Saskatoon was very different. It's not just the police that are prejudice. I felt like most people were, both Caucasian and native. It was a really odd feeling. I never felt singled out before. Needless to say I moved back to the states, and feel more at home here. No police or anyone else for that matter really judge me b ...more
Stephen Carlyon
I read this about 4 months after moving to Saskatoon. It was a very revealing look into the prejudice facing the aborignal population here, and whilst Saskatoon is reflected in a poor light, I think it is a very human story of the racism aboriginal populations face across the world.
Barbwire Sugarbeet
Important to read if you don't think police in Saskatoon/Saskatchewan/Canada profile. One downside to this book and the case(s) it discusses is that people seem to think the police learned their lesson and don't do it here anymore. They do in more sublime but no as subtle ways.
Natalie
Mar 04, 2011 Natalie marked it as to-read
Got this at a used book sale for a buck in NEW condition...it was a great find. So far really good! but I haven't had time to get past the second chapter yet. It looks promising.
Colleen
No review can give do this book justice. This book was long overdue. This is Canada, baby. For justice junkies!
Michael
one of the most heartbreaking books i've read about native injustice, a must read
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Suzanna
Suzanna marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
None
None marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Zoe Mitchell
Zoe Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Rémi
Rémi marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Arlene Papaioannou
Arlene Papaioannou marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Ariane
Ariane marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013