Start by marking “Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild” as Want to Read:
Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild

Starlight Tour: The Last, Lonely Night of Neil Stonechild

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A teen’s suspicious death, a shocking police cover-up and a mother’s search for the truth.

In 1990, on a November night that hit –28 degrees Celsius, seventeen-year-old Neil Stonechild disappeared only blocks from his mother’s home. His frozen body was found three days later, eight kilometres from where he was last seen in downtown Saskatoon. The police investigation was cu
Published November 8th 2005 by Random House Canada

To ask other readers questions about Starlight Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlight Tour

Fishface
Jan 24, 2016 Fishface rated it it was amazing
Terrifying. Serves as a reminder -- as if you really needed one! -- that racism is alive and well, and that the police are as likely to act on it as anyone else out there. It's also a reminder that there are good-hearted people out there, who will never stop asking the right questions and working to see that justice is done. If only that were enough to give Neil Stonechild back to his family.
Marissa
Apr 23, 2015 Marissa rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to reading this seeing as I love anything crime; however, I was so disappointed. It started off well, and ended alright, but it was so boring and tedious for me to get through.
Alyssa Taylor
May 16, 2013 Alyssa Taylor rated it it was amazing
Great book, very sad, but eye opening. I lived there, and worked for the attorney in this book. Not in the office but as "help". I am originally from the states, and moving to Saskatoon was very different. It's not just the police that are prejudice. I felt like most people were, both Caucasian and native. It was a really odd feeling. I never felt singled out before. Needless to say I moved back to the states, and feel more at home here. No police or anyone else for that matter really judge me b ...more
Stephen Carlyon
Jul 28, 2011 Stephen Carlyon rated it liked it
I read this about 4 months after moving to Saskatoon. It was a very revealing look into the prejudice facing the aborignal population here, and whilst Saskatoon is reflected in a poor light, I think it is a very human story of the racism aboriginal populations face across the world.
Barbwire Sugarbeet
Jul 29, 2012 Barbwire Sugarbeet rated it it was amazing
Important to read if you don't think police in Saskatoon/Saskatchewan/Canada profile. One downside to this book and the case(s) it discusses is that people seem to think the police learned their lesson and don't do it here anymore. They do in more sublime but no as subtle ways.
Natalie Carvajal
Mar 04, 2011 Natalie Carvajal marked it as to-read
Got this at a used book sale for a buck in NEW condition...it was a great find. So far really good! but I haven't had time to get past the second chapter yet. It looks promising.
Colleen
No review can give do this book justice. This book was long overdue. This is Canada, baby. For justice junkies!
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Koren
Koren marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Harold
Harold added it
Jan 07, 2016
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Tasha-Lynn
Tasha-Lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Maria Gordon
Maria Gordon marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Amar Baines
Amar Baines marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Celeste
Celeste rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Fallon
Fallon rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Lisa Arsenault
Lisa Arsenault marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Erin Pointer
Erin Pointer marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Toni
Toni added it
Apr 22, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Norma Allan
Norma Allan rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
LSchick
LSchick rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Trista Robinson
Trista Robinson rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014