Start by marking “Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 (Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  38 reviews
The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history When the Federation's most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor's most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themse ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by IDW Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Amna
Two of my favorite sci-fi shows combines into one was something I merely fantasized about. Having read Assimilation 2 and seeing both worlds collide perfectly was just fantastic. All the character's personalities were captured spot on, from the Doctor being mildly intrigued by Data, to Worf being agitated by the Doctor's confusing explanations.

The story line was great, two similar enemies, the cybermen and the borgs, join forces to dominate the world. Just then, when matters start to get serio
kel
I have been incredibly excited about this since I first heard about it, and was surprised to find the very concept of it was getting a lot of flak and scorn on social media. Had a hard time finding it through legit means (I'm a fan of the TV franchises and a comics newbie unaccustomed to comic publishing standards), but finally managed to purchase a digital version via my DW Comics app. The first installment is mostly focused on Eleven, Amy and Rory--they are characterized well and I love the ar ...more
Robin
I am not a big comic book reader, but I do love Doctor Who and Star Trek. So I had to read this crossover series. I just breezed through the first four, and I thought the story was pretty cool and I think it even made pretty logical sense. The Doctor and the Ponds meet the Enterprise crew and as the Borg join forces with Cybermen. There's even a cool scene that visits both series' pasts. I'm not sure if different artists worked on these - but the fourth one just didn't look as nice. I'm not sure ...more
Julia
One would think this would be my thing; I love Star Trek and Doctor Who and graphic novels.
But the weird blurry photo collagey- style art of this graphic novel, the fact that it’s number two and I didn’t know there was a one, and that I don’t feel like I missed anything.
So the Borg and the Cybermen are fighting it out. Picard wants them to kill each other off and I’m still not sure he’s wrong. Neither of them are villains I care about. The Doctor thinks that together they will be a super vill
Jay Eckard
Interesting... but a bit blah. The volume brings together issues one to four of the series. The quality of the artwork varies from quite good (issues one and two) to rather poor (issue four, where the resemblances between the various characters and their real-life counterparts is almost non-existent). Issue three contains a significant flashback to a 4th Doctor/TOS encounter.

The characterization, to me, seems stilted towards the TNG crew. They seem recognizable, and almost believable. The Doctor
Michael
An eight part comicbook series that will inevitably become a single volume graphic novel. The concept tickled me. The merging of the two biggest Sci-Fi franchises seemed like a lot of fun, and it is. The dialogue is dead on for all the characters the plot is feasible with a few twists and turns. Past episodes of both series are referenced and even re-experienced. My only disappointment for the series is the artwork. I was hoping for a dynamic comic book style and instead was presented with what ...more
Mary
Again, I'm judging this two-parter by what it sets out to achieve. The review is for both parts. When I read the review in VOYA, I was determined to get this graphic novel; I have a group of young whovians in the library, and I've been a fan of both shows since the age of twelve. The volumes finally came in, and I raced through both of them today. I was not disappointed.

There's so much to love here. The joint authors/artists get the characterizations down just about perfectly. There's a lot of d
Ian Williamson
I've found over the years that crossovers of this kind can be disappointing. Here however we have the beginnings of a very well crafted story which tries it's best to ensure equal billing and essentially screen time, similarly to ensemble films like Avengers. Here the premise is intelligent and showcases the writers clear talent for these characters. My only issue is the artwork, I love the flashback art with Tom Baker and all the characters are captured perfectly here, Kirk, Spock, Scotty and M ...more
Yodamom
What would happen if The Doctor consoled The Enterprise's Captain Picard on negotiating with the evil Borg ? The Captain has had enough of them, there is no trust between the races. He may have to learn to trust them they may be the only source of help in dealing with a threat the Cybermen. Things don't go easy, as they never do for the Doctor or the Enterprise. The Captain gets to know the Tardis, and takes a trip into the future.
It amazed me how easily how these two very different character wo
Francis Fernandez
A clever cross over of two fantastic sci-fi properties. A page-turner with plenty of great set pieces and the characters are spot on. A must read for fans.
Pete Storm
This was lots better than I thought it was going to be. The dialog of the Doctor is spot on - nailed it early and often. The art was pretty good as well, with different Doctor and Star Trek styles that meshed together while being distinct. I was very impressed with the change in artwork during the flashback sessions.

Very fun, I would read another.
Anne
This volume poses an interesting philosophical question - is it fan service if no one is served?
Jesica
Apr 04, 2015 Jesica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comic, dw
hermosas gráficas <3
Jen
Much shorter than anticipated, otherwise great.
Bloodblader
odd paring but it is cool
Shari
Crossover with two of my all-time favorites!
Heather
I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said not that much happens. The art is decent; there are a couple of 2-page spreads that are visually arresting. But the story is sort of flat. And to be honest, I didn't feel the dialogue effectively captured the voice of any of the main characters. But take my review with a grain of salt; I'm not really a comic-book person.
Kathryn
Summary: We can save the world from the Cybermen-assimilated-Borg!

Why I Read This: Do you really have to ask?

Review: I enjoyed it. I think that I may need to read more graphic novels, because the format threw me off. Most of the graphic novels that I've read are in black and white, so reading a full-color comic was odd but enjoyable.
Florian
What happens if the Doctor meets the crew of Star Treks Next Generation? I don't realy know but there could be two things possible happen: First they just drink a cup of tea together or they had to fight against the deadlyst enemys of both fractions. So keep calm and call the Doctor through the communicator!
Danielle Browning
Two of my favorite shows. What a cross-over! I have only had a chance to read the first book, but it is great. The story perfectly blends the personalities of Doctor Who (and Friends) and the characters of TNG. Can't wait to read the next installments.
Ashley
How can you not love a canon Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover? I mean seriously.

Also, owning a Kindle Fire has gotten me interested in reading comics where nothing/no one ever could before. So easy to get and read the digital versions!
David(LA,CA)
Mostly set up. We get an introduction to the situation that's going to be the main focus of the story, and a intro story for The Doctor and his companions. The Next Generation crew only makes a brief appearance on the last page.
Richard Gombert
The author(s) did a great job capturing the dialog of the character.

Not a bad story either. Who would've thought that the Cybermen were tougher than the Borg. They should be thankful it wasn't the Daleks.
Jorge

Great ideas, bad execution. The art is remarkable, the storytelling not so much. This idea does not live up to its potential, sadly.
Reem Lambert

Perfection is an understatement. Loved the plot and the Art/illustrations are to die for.Cant wait to get my hands on the second issue.
Christopher
A very quick read. Doesn't advance the story very far, just sets things up for future issues. Good art. I enjoyed it. :)
Emilyn
I love Star Trek and I love Doctor Who. I haven't decided yet whether I love this series.
Tristan
The plot is kinda ho hum, but it's just such a compelling crossover I have to love it.
Erika
Really fun read! I think I may have to add this to my personal collection.
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 1
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll (BBC Audio)
  • Doctor Who: Revenge of the Judoon
  • Lost Souls (Torchwood Audio Drama, #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: Fugitive (Doctor Who Graphic Novels: The Tenth Doctor - Tony Lee Series, #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Sontaran Games
  • Doctor Who: The Ring of Steel
  • The Beast of Babylon (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #9)
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: Code of the Krillitanes
  • Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion
  • The Nameless City
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Countdown
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
  • Before Watchmen: Rorschach #1 (Before Watchmen: Rorschach, #1)
  • Womanthology: Space

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 (8 books)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 3
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 4
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 5
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 6
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 7
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 8
Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 1 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 2 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 3