Start by marking “Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1 (Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  268 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history When the Federation's most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor's most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themse ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by IDW Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Amna
Oct 05, 2012 Amna rated it it was amazing
Two of my favorite sci-fi shows combines into one was something I merely fantasized about. Having read Assimilation 2 and seeing both worlds collide perfectly was just fantastic. All the character's personalities were captured spot on, from the Doctor being mildly intrigued by Data, to Worf being agitated by the Doctor's confusing explanations.

The story line was great, two similar enemies, the cybermen and the borgs, join forces to dominate the world. Just then, when matters start to get serio
kel
Jun 20, 2012 kel rated it it was amazing
I have been incredibly excited about this since I first heard about it, and was surprised to find the very concept of it was getting a lot of flak and scorn on social media. Had a hard time finding it through legit means (I'm a fan of the TV franchises and a comics newbie unaccustomed to comic publishing standards), but finally managed to purchase a digital version via my DW Comics app. The first installment is mostly focused on Eleven, Amy and Rory--they are characterized well and I love the ar ...more
Robin
Oct 05, 2012 Robin rated it liked it
I am not a big comic book reader, but I do love Doctor Who and Star Trek. So I had to read this crossover series. I just breezed through the first four, and I thought the story was pretty cool and I think it even made pretty logical sense. The Doctor and the Ponds meet the Enterprise crew and as the Borg join forces with Cybermen. There's even a cool scene that visits both series' pasts. I'm not sure if different artists worked on these - but the fourth one just didn't look as nice. I'm not sure ...more
Julia
One would think this would be my thing; I love Star Trek and Doctor Who and graphic novels.
But the weird blurry photo collagey- style art of this graphic novel, the fact that it’s number two and I didn’t know there was a one, and that I don’t feel like I missed anything.
So the Borg and the Cybermen are fighting it out. Picard wants them to kill each other off and I’m still not sure he’s wrong. Neither of them are villains I care about. The Doctor thinks that together they will be a super vill
Jay Eckard
Sep 29, 2012 Jay Eckard rated it liked it
Interesting... but a bit blah. The volume brings together issues one to four of the series. The quality of the artwork varies from quite good (issues one and two) to rather poor (issue four, where the resemblances between the various characters and their real-life counterparts is almost non-existent). Issue three contains a significant flashback to a 4th Doctor/TOS encounter.

The characterization, to me, seems stilted towards the TNG crew. They seem recognizable, and almost believable. The Doctor
Michael
Jan 04, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it
An eight part comicbook series that will inevitably become a single volume graphic novel. The concept tickled me. The merging of the two biggest Sci-Fi franchises seemed like a lot of fun, and it is. The dialogue is dead on for all the characters the plot is feasible with a few twists and turns. Past episodes of both series are referenced and even re-experienced. My only disappointment for the series is the artwork. I was hoping for a dynamic comic book style and instead was presented with what ...more
Mary
Apr 24, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Again, I'm judging this two-parter by what it sets out to achieve. The review is for both parts. When I read the review in VOYA, I was determined to get this graphic novel; I have a group of young whovians in the library, and I've been a fan of both shows since the age of twelve. The volumes finally came in, and I raced through both of them today. I was not disappointed.

There's so much to love here. The joint authors/artists get the characterizations down just about perfectly. There's a lot of d
Ian Williamson
May 19, 2015 Ian Williamson rated it liked it
I've found over the years that crossovers of this kind can be disappointing. Here however we have the beginnings of a very well crafted story which tries it's best to ensure equal billing and essentially screen time, similarly to ensemble films like Avengers. Here the premise is intelligent and showcases the writers clear talent for these characters. My only issue is the artwork, I love the flashback art with Tom Baker and all the characters are captured perfectly here, Kirk, Spock, Scotty and M ...more
Mrklingon
Dec 27, 2015 Mrklingon rated it really liked it
On a whim, I wandered over to the comic, er graphic novel, section of my public library...

Found this two-volume story, combining

Doctor Who
Star Trek TNG
Borg
Cybermen.... AND Star Trek TOS.

Made for a fun story, one which, as noted, underlines how little I know about modern Doctor Who tales.
Yodamom
What would happen if The Doctor consoled The Enterprise's Captain Picard on negotiating with the evil Borg ? The Captain has had enough of them, there is no trust between the races. He may have to learn to trust them they may be the only source of help in dealing with a threat the Cybermen. Things don't go easy, as they never do for the Doctor or the Enterprise. The Captain gets to know the Tardis, and takes a trip into the future.
It amazed me how easily how these two very different character wo
Francis Fernandez
Jan 18, 2015 Francis Fernandez rated it really liked it
A clever cross over of two fantastic sci-fi properties. A page-turner with plenty of great set pieces and the characters are spot on. A must read for fans.
Pete Storm
Jan 13, 2014 Pete Storm rated it really liked it
This was lots better than I thought it was going to be. The dialog of the Doctor is spot on - nailed it early and often. The art was pretty good as well, with different Doctor and Star Trek styles that meshed together while being distinct. I was very impressed with the change in artwork during the flashback sessions.

Very fun, I would read another.
Anne
Apr 27, 2014 Anne rated it did not like it
This volume poses an interesting philosophical question - is it fan service if no one is served?
Tyler (I look good in shades.)
I really Enjoyed this book it was amazing I've read it over and over This would make a nice episode or Movie for either show
Jesica
Apr 04, 2015 Jesica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic, dw
hermosas gráficas <3
Jen
Jul 03, 2014 Jen rated it liked it
Much shorter than anticipated, otherwise great.
Bloodblader
odd paring but it is cool
Cynthia Shutts
Nov 19, 2014 Cynthia Shutts rated it liked it
3.5
Heather
Dec 21, 2012 Heather rated it did not like it
Shelves: speculative
I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said not that much happens. The art is decent; there are a couple of 2-page spreads that are visually arresting. But the story is sort of flat. And to be honest, I didn't feel the dialogue effectively captured the voice of any of the main characters. But take my review with a grain of salt; I'm not really a comic-book person.
Kathryn
Apr 08, 2013 Kathryn rated it liked it
Summary: We can save the world from the Cybermen-assimilated-Borg!

Why I Read This: Do you really have to ask?

Review: I enjoyed it. I think that I may need to read more graphic novels, because the format threw me off. Most of the graphic novels that I've read are in black and white, so reading a full-color comic was odd but enjoyable.
Florian
Jun 25, 2012 Florian rated it really liked it
What happens if the Doctor meets the crew of Star Treks Next Generation? I don't realy know but there could be two things possible happen: First they just drink a cup of tea together or they had to fight against the deadlyst enemys of both fractions. So keep calm and call the Doctor through the communicator!
Danielle Browning
Aug 13, 2012 Danielle Browning rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Two of my favorite shows. What a cross-over! I have only had a chance to read the first book, but it is great. The story perfectly blends the personalities of Doctor Who (and Friends) and the characters of TNG. Can't wait to read the next installments.
Ashley
Aug 20, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
How can you not love a canon Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover? I mean seriously.

Also, owning a Kindle Fire has gotten me interested in reading comics where nothing/no one ever could before. So easy to get and read the digital versions!
David(LA,CA)
Jul 16, 2012 David(LA,CA) rated it it was ok
Mostly set up. We get an introduction to the situation that's going to be the main focus of the story, and a intro story for The Doctor and his companions. The Next Generation crew only makes a brief appearance on the last page.
Richard Gombert
May 10, 2013 Richard Gombert rated it really liked it
The author(s) did a great job capturing the dialog of the character.

Not a bad story either. Who would've thought that the Cybermen were tougher than the Borg. They should be thankful it wasn't the Daleks.
Jorge
Aug 31, 2012 Jorge rated it it was ok

Great ideas, bad execution. The art is remarkable, the storytelling not so much. This idea does not live up to its potential, sadly.
Reem Lambert
Jul 07, 2012 Reem Lambert rated it it was amazing

Perfection is an understatement. Loved the plot and the Art/illustrations are to die for.Cant wait to get my hands on the second issue.
Christopher
Aug 27, 2012 Christopher rated it really liked it
A very quick read. Doesn't advance the story very far, just sets things up for future issues. Good art. I enjoyed it. :)
Emilyn
Oct 23, 2012 Emilyn rated it liked it
I love Star Trek and I love Doctor Who. I haven't decided yet whether I love this series.
Tristan
Jan 23, 2015 Tristan rated it really liked it
The plot is kinda ho hum, but it's just such a compelling crossover I have to love it.
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 1
  • Doctor Who: Revenge of the Judoon
  • Doctor Who: The Sontaran Games
  • Doctor Who: The Art of Death
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Old Demons (season 10, #4)
  • Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life
  • Doctor Who Volume 1: Fugitive
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: Code of the Krillitanes
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Smallville Season 11, Volume 4: Argo
  • Doctor Who: Judgement of the Judoon
  • Fallen Heroes
  • Lost Souls (Torchwood Audio Drama, #1)
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
  • Doctor Who: Day of the Cockroach

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 (10 books)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #2