Start by marking “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New” as Want to Read:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2)

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles begin their journey as a true team of brothers, although distance still remains between them. Meanwhile, Baxter Stockman and General Krang have largely kept to the shadows... until now! General Krang wants results and Baxter has a new invention to capture the Turtles before Krang comes to New York. Collects Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by IDW Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2

Stephen
Apr 22, 2015 Stephen rated it liked it
description

After i've read the first volume one i was wondering how the Splinter and the Turtles learned martial arts that fast and how quickly they bonded with each other, how this volume explains it was amazing and pretty original.

Old Hob is back again to terrorize the Turtles and their master, Baxter is still after Splinter so he sends Old Hob and his newly developed robots called Mousers to the Turtles hideout in the sewers. We also get itroduced to Krang the alien brain, who wants the formula that tur
Mike McQuillian
Aug 03, 2013 Mike McQuillian rated it liked it

When this new series started, I told myself "I'm not gonna buy a Ninja Turtles comic, I'm a grown-ass man." Ironic, as I have no problem picking up issues of Superman or Adventure Time. But I remember these characters almost solely from watching the cartoon after school.

But then I kept hearing good things about the book, so I bought Volume 1. And it was fun!

Volume 2 continues the trend. Krang, the alien brain thingie, wants the formula that turned the turtles into mutants. Using henchmen, both
Mike
Jun 04, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Old Hob is still hunting the Turtles to get to Splinter and this time he has reinforcements from Baxter Stockman in the form of an army of mousers! Vol. 2 continues the story and ties up a couple loose ends from vol. 1 (mainly for me the question of why don't they just take Hob's blood). We also learn a little bit more about their past lives in Japan in this volume which has been very interesting. The use of Casey Jones was also better and I found myself enjoying his interactions with April. The ...more
Larry
Nov 29, 2014 Larry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, 2014-best, tmnt
another great volume of ninja turtles
Magda
These two stories were my first written meeting with certain mutated turtles. I've seen plenty cartoons about them when I was a kid, but somehow never got my hands on the written stories. When I've picked these two books up I though it would concentrate on some event or certain characters. Instead, I got a set of short tales from characters past and present times. Even some from their past lives.

I received a copy of these books from the publisher via NetGalley.

TMNT: Allies and Enemies

This book h
Justyn Rampa
This was as enjoyable as the first volume!

Kevin Eastman is doing some interesting tricks with the narrative to kind of acknowledge the original TMNT series that came before this reboot.

Familiar characters are getting set up: Casey Jones, April O'Neil, Baxter Stockman and the Mousers.

I will also say that he is doing a good job at establishing the dynamics of the turtles themselves as well as sowing the seeds of conflicts to come. I never realized the emotional truth of each turtle, and to be fair
Victor
Aug 28, 2014 Victor rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This book started off at a slightly slower pace than the previous volume but toward the second half it started picking up. Once again I want to stress that this origin story is different than what you'd probably be used to in TMNT lore if you're a fan of the 80's toons, original movies, or 03' show. However it is very refreshing to see something different. While I do prefer a story staying true to its roots, I can appreciate when liberties are taken as long as it is sensible and is meaningful.

O
Adam Fisher
Oct 03, 2014 Adam Fisher rated it really liked it
Volume 2 continues on with the great storyline, introduces the feudal Japan elements, first Krang, and April meets the Turtles. Fast flow, art style fits, and the story is really well done.
High recommend!
Jason
Sep 17, 2013 Jason rated it really liked it
After reading the first volume I was left with a lot of questions. Vol 2 pretty much answers all of those questions.

I am loving how they are combining the original comics, the tv show and new material into one.

This is looking like a great series right now.
Ben
May 19, 2015 Ben rated it it was amazing
This volume explores some... interesting ideas. It's an enjoyable read and brings some fresh ideas to familiar material.
Tjavierb
Jun 04, 2016 Tjavierb rated it really liked it
Mysterious ninjas, old rivalries, and the idea of reincarnation? Yep, this volume has them all! The series continues to be a fun, light read with heart.
awesomatik.de
Aug 19, 2015 awesomatik.de rated it really liked it
Schicke Zeichnungen, stimmungsvolle Farben, lässig erzählt. Top!
sixthreezy
Oct 03, 2013 sixthreezy rated it really liked it
Shelves: tmnt
The first volume was not a fluke, this TMNT series is downright awesome.
Michael
Jun 16, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
More of the same. Great art and great storytelling.
Tyler
Dec 11, 2013 Tyler rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
So good. Need more.
Dony Grayman
Oct 15, 2016 Dony Grayman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: decto, ed-arg, al-dia
Edición argentina, tomo 2. Incluye el nuevo-viejo-distinto origen de las Tortugas, con un dibujo del carajo de Santolouco.
La Revistería Comics
¡Las 4 Tortugas juntas de nuevo como una familia! ¡El origen de las Tortugas revelado! ¡Ninjas misteriosos que hacen parkour por las terrazas! ¡Los nuevos y mortales MOUSERs! Todo esto y mucho más presentes en este segundo tomo que mezcla con maestría aspectos de todas las encarnaciones de las Tortugas con nuevos e impactantes alicientes.
Jen
This story was just a little too... well... WEIRD for me! Okay, not that the entire concept of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles isn't sufficiently weird in and of itself. But this version throws in a whole reincarnation aspect that I found very hard to buy into. That whole spiritualist side just didn't seem to jive with the general freaky science experiments vibe of the story. I did enjoy the usual banter between the brothers. My favorite line (poor English aside): "Cripes, who'da thought Nerd Ninja ...more
Vanessa [Queen Alchemy at The Alchemy of Ink]
I received this book for free from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have always loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Ever since I was five years old, when the television show debuted in the 1980s. My younger brother and I were obsessed with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We had all of the action figures and toys, which we played with extensively. The original television cartoon series and the original movies from the early 1990s will always hold a special plac
Lissibith
Oct 01, 2015 Lissibith rated it really liked it
With Raph back, the Turtles are a whole family once again - and we learn a bit about the past of the man known as Hamato Yoshi, before he became a rat known as Splinter.

It seems that every version of the Turtles plays a little with the backstory and this one is no different. And as always, without spoiling too much, there are parts of this I like and parts I don't. All I can say is, I'm with you, Donatello.

But in addition to that, we're also getting some familiar faces diverging. Krang. Baxter S
Wayne McCoy
'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enemies Old, Enemies New' is an origin story for the rebooted series, but it feels like I knew all this stuff before I read this one.

This is the rebooted Turtles, so their origin is a reincarnated people combined with experiments from Baxter Stockman's lab. We learn this as Old Hob is trying to track down Splinter. He has a flashback of his times in medieval Japan. We also learn about Casey and April, a bit.

Things heat up as Baxter Stockman is displeased with Old H
BookPairings (Laci Long)
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

This is an origin story for a series any 90’s kid would be familiar with. This rebooted series feels like a pale shade of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I grew up with.

In this retelling of the TMNT story, the turtles and Splinter are reincarnated people from medieval Japan that are undergoing experiments in Baxter Stockman’s lab where they are mutated. Things heat up as Old Hob is introduced as an enemy from Splinter’s past who unleashes an
Reanne
Apr 19, 2016 Reanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Haven't read a TMNT comic before. Wouldn't recommend starting with this one. It's clear there's stuff I missed from the first volume, and it ends on a cliffhanger.

I don't think the serious, gritty tone really worked with all the silly, ridiculous stuff going on. Mutant animals, space aliens, reincarnation, ninjas. It's just too much when played straight. I actually much prefer to just think that the mutation Splinter went through also made him functionally insane and the whole reincarnation thi
Kelly
Mar 06, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, netgalley
A comic dedicated to the beginning of the TMNT with some insights to their previous life. Meanwhile, Baxter Stockman reveals his plans to aid General Krang.

I have always adored the TMNT and for me, this was such a fun read. The artwork didn’t really do a whole lot for me, but it encompassed everything you’re used to from the TMNT. Everything was just there: fierce enemies, loads of action, an amazing storyline and tons of humor.

Recommended for all TMNT fans out there. This is definitely a good r
Michael Church
Apr 19, 2014 Michael Church rated it liked it
Shelves: idw
This book isn't bad. It's just sort of a holding pattern. The plot does move forward a little bit, but it's more clarification about what's already happened than anything else. The thing is, you could probably skip this whole volume and go to number three and not be that confused.

There are a couple of decent moments but really nothing that stood out that much. Again, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good either.

The art was still great. The turtles all have a distinct look to them while stayi
Ivo Zedek
Aug 14, 2015 Ivo Zedek rated it it was amazing
Tvůrci po zběžném (přesto fungujícím a v téhle fázi dostatečném) seznámení s protagonisty a nalezení "ztraceného" bratra, rozvíjejí novou TMNT mytologii obohacenou o nové, odvážné a šťavnaté prvky jako je reinkarnace a zároveň i prvky známé a fanoušky milované, aniž by to působilo nuceně a přeplácaně. Po začlenění Raphaela se můžeme konečně soustředit na dynamiku vztahů jednotlivých želv a dost si jí užívat. Charaktery nepůsobí stereotypně a dobře mezi sebou interagují v rozhovorech. Vypíchnout ...more
Cody
Jun 14, 2015 Cody rated it really liked it
Such a great series. Stylized art that isn't forced and overdone. The story and focus is 100% character driven and each character is given room to grow and a time to shine. While there are multiple story arcs literally set across many time eras and/or galaxies, it isn't stifling or confusing like other comic universes, (*cough DC**cough Marvel*).

I'm also totally ok with the writers inserting the gratuitous cuss word just to differenciate the comic with the cartoon. Make no mistake, these turtles
Markus Pfeffer
Jan 09, 2014 Markus Pfeffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
In Sammelband 2 (US-Heft 5-8) lassen sich weitere alte Bekannte wie Krang, Traag und Stockmans Mauser sehen. Mehr als jede bisherige TMNT-Fassung bekommen die neuen Comics den Spagat zwischen ernster Geschichte (speziell der Mord an Yoshis Familie) und Sprücheklopferei hin, wenn ich mich auch noch immer nicht an den modernen Slang der Turtles ("Bro" etc.) gewöhnen kan, weil ich nunmal mit der Neunziger-Serie aufgewachsen bin.

Luis Reséndiz
Sep 14, 2014 Luis Reséndiz rated it liked it
Shelves: canasta-básica
bien y mejor que el primer volumen. más información se devela --¡las tortugas ninja son la reencarnación de unos ninjas antiquísimos! ¡krang entra en escena!-- y la trama se complica --¡splinter es secuestrado! ¡abril conoce a las tortugas!-- mientras el dibujo mejora enormidades. he aquí un cómic de superhéroes muy divertido: otra prueba de que se pueden seguir visitando viejos tópicos y revitalizarlos a la vez.
Rachel
Jun 07, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Another great turtle story with a good mix of fighting and story. I like how the comic seems to be mixing different ideas from other comics and the TV shows together to make it work in one story. Was not to fond of *SPOILER* the "reincarnation" idea that was presented, though, or that the turtles didn't help someone who ended up getting killed.*END SPOILER* But it is a great continuation of the series and the characters are being built perfectly. Looking forward to Volume 3.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 4: Sins of the Fathers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Volume 2 (Teenage Mutante Ninja Turtles Microseries, #2)
  • Transformers: Autocracy
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 3
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 2: The Most Magical Place On Earth
  • Green Lantern, Volume 5: Test of Wills
  • Poet Anderson: The Dream Walker
  • Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness (Atomic Robo, #4)
  • Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, Volume 1
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 5: Gothtopia
  • Hellboy and the B.P.R.D., Vol. 1: 1952
  • Green Lantern, Volume 3: The End
  • Watchbird
Kevin B. Eastman is an American comic book artist, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
More about Kevin Eastman...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 1: Change is Constant (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #1)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 3: Shadows of the Past
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 4: Sins of the Fathers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Villains Micro-Series, Volume 1 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Villains Micro-Series, #1)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 5: Krang War
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret History of the Foot Clan (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #5.5)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 6: City Fall, Part 1 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #6)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 7: City Fall Part 2