Start by marking “Ghostbusters, Volume 2: The Most Magical Place On Earth” as Want to Read:
Ghostbusters, Volume 2: The Most Magical Place On Earth

Ghostbusters, Volume 2: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Ghostbusters: Ongoing #2)

The smash-hit ongoing series continues in this second story arc Thanks to the contract they signed, the Ghostbusters are temporarily barred by Walter Peck from taking any work (without his express permission) in New York City. The Ghostbusters skirt the edict by taking a job in Schenectady. It's a simple haunted amusement park upstate - what could possibly go wrong? Plus, ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ghostbusters, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghostbusters, Volume 2

Paul
Sep 26, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it
I actually enjoyed this second volume of Ghostbusters more than the first. Perhaps it was because it didn’t try to shoehorn in the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and got on with a more original storyline.

Also, a clown vomited ectoplasmic bats at one point. I didn’t realise how much I needed that in my life.

Issue three focused on Peter Venkmann and really highlighted how well the writer has captured the character's ‘voice’. I can actually ‘hear’ Bill Murray saying his lines from this issue. The other
Jonny Campo
Dec 18, 2015 Jonny Campo rated it really liked it
great follow up to the first volume, a lot of fun. you can definitely tell this is leading up to something big can't wait for volume 3.
HFK
Nov 30, 2016 HFK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphics, paidkindle
After a mediocre first volume, I am happy to see that Ghostbusters as a comic form has finally reached the awesomeness button, and holds nothing back while trying to press it fully down. Almost there, but not quite.

With The Most Magical Place On Earth we get all the juicy parts of ghosts, haunting and possession. There is rich colors, slime, action packed ghost hunting and fighting, some mystery, and a deeper look at a few of the main characters; Dr. Peter Venkman and Dr. Egon Spengler.

Second
Steven Shroyer
May 14, 2014 Steven Shroyer rated it it was amazing
When I was a kid I remember really wanting to see Ghostbusters. The main reason was because I wanted to see the Stay Puft Marshmallow man because he was cute and during this point in my childhood I was going through a phase where if it was cute I wanted to either see the movie it was in or get a stuffed toy of it. I blame seeing Gremlins for this.

Yet when I saw Ghostbusters on TV sitting on the floor in my grandma's guest bedroom I was a bit confused. It took me 20 years and a recent viewing of
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jun 18, 2013 Gayle Francis Moffet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2013, june-2013
Second verse, same as the first, with everyone still wonderfully in character and the overall plot moving forward nicely while the arc-of-the-moment unfolds. I want to take a moment and give special notice to Dan Schoening, the series artist, who does an amazing job of balancing his fun, cartoon-inspired (general cartoon-inspired, not specifically any Ghostbusters cartoon) pages with some truly creepy and unsettling horror pages when it's time to bust the ghosts. I was surprised to find out he d ...more
Ian Williamson
Jan 13, 2015 Ian Williamson rated it it was amazing
Yet another great story arc from IDW, again I couldn't put the book down and now can't wait to start the 3rd volume. Picking up from the last volume it keeps the series fun and entertaining while it also starts to build it's own legacy in the franchise. The writer knows these characters as well as Ackroyd and the late Ramis and starts to build and flesh them out in a way the films don't have the time to. In this issue it's focus is on Venkman and Spengler and again doesn't disappoint. The art ...more
Rex Hughes
Sep 17, 2015 Rex Hughes rated it really liked it
The stories in the second volume delve into more original territory, and the portion that made this a four star experience for a long-time Ghostbusters fan like myself has to be the Tobin short near the end. It was suitably creepy, contained an interesting reference to the second film, and the artwork was striking. Volume two signals a break from mere video game tie-ins, and now I'm interested in continuing the series.
Rachel Hall
Aug 04, 2013 Rachel Hall rated it liked it
The first of this series I found enjoyable from a throwback standpoint, and the fact that I am an avid fan of the movies. However I found this one was a bit of stretch: I feel like they are trying just a little too hard to continue this story line. It almost felt borderline cheesy, but it wasn't totally unenjoyable either.
Angela
Nov 04, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, idw
The Ghostbusters are asked to investigate a fairground that is infested by ghosts. This is a brilliant read, I can hear all the actors voices. I particularly liked how one of the characters talked to the ghost, because as we all know Ghostbusters aren't afraid. There's a lot of action and jokes, it really captures the spirit of the original. Great for kids. A really good read.
Rob Stickler
Dec 09, 2012 Rob Stickler rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another great collection. The three parter is good, particularly in its exploration of Venkman, but the concluding Egon-centric story is a cracker. Burnham really understands these characters.

The PCOC back ups are also excellent.

I'm loving this series, and the world it's building.
Thomas
Aug 23, 2014 Thomas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
The writing and art team continue to nail everything that makes Ghostbusters special. That's all you really need to know to read this or the first volume.
Kathryn
Mar 15, 2016 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Really enjoying the series so far. The comics are taking it into a less slapstick direction, which I like. A tease here, too, about Dana's whereabouts. Hope there's more there.
Lucy
Sep 08, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
Given me by a friend; this is a beautiful mashup of every incarnation of Ghostbusters EVAR.

THE CLOWN OMG WHY WHY WHY
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Mr B E Bowen
Mr B E Bowen rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Shawn Boseak
Shawn Boseak rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Galen
Galen rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Tyler Moore
Tyler Moore rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
David Stoneking
David Stoneking rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Jono
Jono rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2014
FFB  Lane-Teen Reads
FFB Lane-Teen Reads rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Stef
Stef rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Regina Twum
Regina Twum rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Brendan Mckillip
Brendan Mckillip rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2016
Logan
Logan rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Dan Colacicco
Dan Colacicco rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
James Guenther
James Guenther rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 3
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Volume 2 (Teenage Mutante Ninja Turtles Microseries, #2)
  • The X-Files: Season 10, Volume 3
  • Prometheus: Fire and Stone
  • Gambit, Volume 3: King of Thieves
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation 2
  • Essential Iron Man, Vol. 1
  • Hellboy and the B.P.R.D., Vol. 1: 1952
  • Countdown to Darkness
  • Spike: Shadow Puppets
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 8: Northampton (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #8)
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Erik Burnham is a Minnesotan writer and artist that first broke into comics with a series of humorous short stories in the Shooting Star Comics Anthology. These stories featured his original creation, Nick Landime, and culminated in a one-shot: Nick Landime vs. the World Crime League, published by Shooting Star in 2005.

Off and on, in this same time period, Erik also produced a short run of an onli
More about Erik Burnham...

Ghostbusters: Ongoing (10 books)
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 1: The Man From The Mirror
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 3: Haunted America
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 4: Who Ya Gonna Call
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 5: The New Ghostbusters
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 6: Trains, Brains, and Ghostly Remains
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 7: Happy Horror Days!
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 8: Mass Hysteria! Part 1