Start by marking “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1 (TMNT Micro-Series #1)

Following in the tradition of the original TMNT micro-series comes four stand-alone tales centering on each Turtle brought to you by writer Brian Lynch and artists Franco Urru, Andy Kuhn, Ross Campbell, and Valerio Schiti.
Published June 26th 2012 by IDW Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1

Ben
May 19, 2015 Ben rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The new TMNT comic is a fresh take on the classic franchise with plenty of references to both the original comics and the classic 80s cartoon. This micro collection features 4 separate stories dedicated to each of the Turtles. Michelangelo and Donatello get the most enjoyable stories in my opinion but all four are worth reading.
Samantha
Jan 06, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
Very quick and enjoyable read. It was fun to see the turtles separately. Might help me keep them straight when my littlest kid wants us to play turtles. :-)
Rosa
Jun 09, 2013 Rosa rated it liked it
This is a set of four stories, each about one turtle. I liked checking out this newer take on the turtles.
sixthreezy
Aug 16, 2013 sixthreezy rated it really liked it
Shelves: tmnt
The Michelangelo issue is particularly hilarious, of course!
Budd
Jan 27, 2014 Budd rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
each issue focuses on one character.
Mariah Jensen
Apr 29, 2014 Mariah Jensen rated it really liked it
Love TMNT and this volume was a great insight to their characters. Enjoyable artwork as well :D
Jon M
Nov 09, 2013 Jon M marked it as to-read
I read one part of the micro series for free but the rest cost money. The one I read was Donatello's story and it was amazing.

If you know Donatello, then you'd know that he loves science. He's constantly building machines and inventing stuff, but he also likes going online. He visits a lot of different forums when one night he hears about a science convention and decides to go. So he does, wearing his trench-coat and a bowler hat, wandering the huge building that's flooded with activity. He mee
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Aug 12, 2016 Michelle (In Libris Veritas) rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
3.5 Stars

The next set of Turtles comics my friend let me borrow are the micro-series volumes, which I think technically fall a little later in the actual run but contain some great character building and depth.

This volume focuses on the four brothers, each getting his own issue centering on who they are and what kind of lessons they need in order to become more fully who they are. Raphael’s deals with his first encounter with the artic fox mutant Alopex while out with Casey, which is also my fir
M
Dec 24, 2014 M rated it liked it
Writer Brian Lynch shines a spotlight on each of the Ninja Turtles in this IDW collection. The opening chapter deals with Raphael and his initial encounter with the fox mutant Alopex, as the bad boy turtle faces issues of family and trust. Michelangelo uses a discarded wristband to enter a New Year's Eve museum party, only to find himself in the middle of a diamond robbery in the second story. The third segment sees Donatello sneak into a science convention, coming face to face with his online ...more
Victor
Aug 30, 2014 Victor rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
As a standalone title this book is nice for highlighting each turtle's personality and mentality. It serves a good structure for character development. As part of the series, it really helps break into the action by shining the spotlight on to separate characters and delving into who they are. Now, each story isn't long enough to really go into every part of them but it does a good job in showing us who they are individually.

I read volumes 1 and 2 of the series first before going into this. I d
Sean
Jun 11, 2015 Sean rated it liked it
Recommends it for: TMNT fans!
This companion series to the ongoing is a nice look into the world of TNMT. While it takes place at the same time as the ongoing, it spotlight's each Turtles' solo adventure. The writing by Brian Lynch is consistent with the main series but I'm not sure why this couldn't actually been a part of that series. Its a good book but a blatant cash grab by the publisher.
Simon Scholz
Apr 23, 2013 Simon Scholz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I really liked the four different stories, which are told from the ego perspective of all four turtles. This adds depth to the characters in the main storyline and fits very well with the different styles of drawings.
Barry
I have really enjoyed the microseries, each Turtle has had their own minicomic introducing their character a little more to the main arc. The Raphael story is by far the best leading in to his integration into the rest of the Turtles and his friendship with Casey
Colona Public Library
Here at the library we have Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. each Turtle gets its own spotlight One-Shot comic. It does a good job showcasing their personalities and they are short enough you can binge read all four! ~Ashley
Anchorpete
Jul 31, 2013 Anchorpete rated it it was amazing
Once again, a trade based on this great New Take on Ninja Turtles. Is this IDW's plan, to show how awful Michael Bay movies, based on the properties they have the rights, to are? This even had Bee Bop and Rock Steady in their non-mutant forms. Just great stuff.
Nicolas Ronvel
Dec 31, 2015 Nicolas Ronvel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: not-mine
Un focus sur chaque tortue, qui permet de vraiment les caractériser. Très bien réalisé, et parfaitement calé dans l'histoire principale.
Geralt9999
Geralt9999 rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Miguel Perez
Miguel Perez rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Nico
Nico rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Derek
Derek rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Constantine Matveev
Constantine Matveev rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Dylan
Dylan rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Matthew Noe
Matthew Noe rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Halimo Bilal
Halimo Bilal rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Douglas
Douglas rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Mike Gruszczynski
Mike Gruszczynski rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Volume 4: Sins of the Fathers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Volume 2 (Teenage Mutante Ninja Turtles Microseries, #2)
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 6: After Darkness
  • Transformers: Autocracy
  • Hellboy: The Midnight Circus
  • Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 2: When Worlds Collide
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Brian Michael Lynch is an American film and comic book writer.
More about Brian Lynch...

TMNT Micro-Series (2 books)