Start by marking “Woman's Retreat Book: A Guide to Restoring, Rediscovering and Reawakening Your True Self --In a Moment, An Hour, Or a Weekend” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A Do-It-Yourself Retreat Book from the Author of The Woman's Comfort Book

Do you yearn for time to rest, dream, listen, grieve, celebrate, stretch, or just be? Then you -- like most women today -- need to retreat: to make time to get away from it all and reconnect with yourself. With the wit, humor, and style that have made her Comfort Book series so popular, comfort queen
Published February 1st 2005 by HarperOne (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Woman's Retreat Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman's Retreat Book

ali
This book is an excellent resource for planning a variety of retreats. I ordered it looking for ideas to plan a personal retreat to rest and reconnect with myself. The book helped me clarify my intentions and create a loose outline of events that melded activities in the book with my ideas and other resources. I also facilitate groups and retreats for others and this book has a plethora of ideas. I'd highly recommend this book for anyone looking to design a personal retreat, a group retreat or s ...more
Eli
This book's greatest benefit is the inspiration and the emphasis on the importance of creating emotional and physical containers for retreats. The exercises contained great kernels of inspiration, but specific instructions were a bit woo-woo, even for me. Still, Louden is crystal clear that this is a "take what you need and leave the rest" book, which I intend to do.

Experienced ritualists and retreatants can skip the first chapter, where Louden spends a lot of time convincing women that it's OK
Holly
Fabulous, fabulous read. Made me not feel guilty about craving alone time. Great ideas for long-term and mini-retreats. It's my go-to when I need a break!
Laura Rogers
Love this book.
Corinne
I really had fun with this, planned the birthday retreat with my sister. It helped us reach a deeper level of intimacy than we would have reached alone. We are both going through difficulties this year and this book helped us add structure to the minutes (literally) that we have time to share with each other. Great for ideas but don't try to do too much when you get away.
Sophie Nicholls
There's noone quite like Jen Louden.

Her blog is where I go to for self-nurture, inspiration and honesty.

I love this book. It's a fabulous resource for women everywhere and something I regularly dip into. And I'm sure that, over the years, I've somehow integrated and absorbed some of Jen's ideas into my own work with my therapy and coaching clients. Read her!
Lynda
I have been to many retreats in my life, and I have enjoyed almost all of them. I looked at quite a few books looking to repeat those experiences at home. This is the best of the books that I found. I highly recommend this book.
Allison
This book isn't what I expected when I ordered it months ago. But it was interesting. I feel capable of organizing a writer's retreat now. Or a solitude retreat, or a yoga retreat, or a whatever retreat. Might come in handy in the future.
Lia
This is a wonderful reference book for women's retreats. Lots of good ideas, well-organized. In a word: excellent.
Brandi
This another good book that I've owned for a number of years. I re-read it when I am feeling stressed out.
Bonita Rose
Jan 29, 2010 Bonita Rose marked it as to-read
another amazon find I'm waiting for.. got it used for a song!
Laura (ME)
more of resource guide than anything - wonderful ideas
Tiffany
Perfect for helping me structure my coveted time alone!
Jeanie
Jun 16, 2011 Jeanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Solo Mamas
Another great book by Jennifer Louden, with wonderful ways to integrate self-care into any mom's schedule. Love it!
Joanne Rock
Perennial favorite!
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Life
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Sierra
Sierra marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Betty Allain
Betty Allain marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Adrienne C.
Adrienne C. marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Ieva Alvidovna
Ieva Alvidovna marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Kelly Ramsey
Kelly Ramsey marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
  • Living a Beautiful Life
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • The Goddess Companion: Daily Meditations on the Feminine Spirit
  • Shelter for the Spirit: Create Your Own Haven in a Hectic World
  • The Sweet Breathing of Plants: Women Writing on the Green World
  • Journalution: Journal Writing to Awaken Your Inner Voice, Heal Your Life, and Manifest Your Dreams
  • The Pagan Book of Living and Dying: Practical Rituals, Prayers, Blessings, and Meditations on Crossing Over
  • V is for Vulnerable: An Alphabet for People Who Want to Make a Difference
  • The New Diary: How to use a journal for self-guidance and expanded creativity.
  • The Mother Dance: How Children Change Your Life
  • Creative Journal: The Art of Finding Yourself
  • The Artist's Way at Work: Riding the Dragon
  • The Vein of Gold
  • Life Makeovers: 52 Practical & Inspiring Ways to Improve Your Life One Week at a Time
  • Unfurling, A Mixed-Media Workshop with Misty Mawn: Inspiration and Techniques for Self-Expression through Art
  • The Circle of Simplicity: Return to the Good Life
  • Making Wild Wines & Meads: 125 Unusual Recipes Using Herbs, Fruits, Flowers & More
  • Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World
The Woman's Comfort Book The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year The Comfort Queen's Guide to Life: Create All That You Need with Just What You've Got Couple's Comfort Book: A Creative Guide for Renewing Passion, Pleasure and Commitment The Pregnant Woman's Comfort Book: A Self-Nurturing Guide to Your Emotional Well-Being During Pregnancy and Early Motherhood