Start by marking “2013 Writer's Market” as Want to Read:
2013 Writer's Market

2013 Writer's Market

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This title provides more than 3500 publishing opportunities for freelance writers, in addition to a completely updated freelance rate chart.
Published September 2nd 2012 by Writer's Digest Books (first published August 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 2013 Writer's Market, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2013 Writer's Market

I read this as three separate books, addressing each chapter on its own.

Chapter One: Finding Work. The first chapter of the Writer's Market focuses on finding work, including writing pitches and query letters, where to find reputable outlets, and how to making working for free pay off. Examples or good and bad pitches and queries were included, which were really helpful. I've always been nervous about even the cover letters I've submitted with fiction stories, so it was nice to read what worked
This is a tremendously helpful book, not only for writers, but also for anyone with a small business. Many chapters are specific to writing, but others include useful tips regarding managing self employment. Also, lots of good advice on using the internet and social media for marketing and promotion. Chapters from various working writers, so it is practical, real world guidance.
Jasemine Denise
Jul 14, 2014 Jasemine Denise rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: freelance writers
The book is a great resource no doubt! The only reason I disliked it is because I pictured this book being a tip to how to market yourself as a writer and don't get me wrong it is! Yet, if you're an indie author looking to find a way to really put yourself out there, this book is not for you. This book caters more toward freelancers and people getting paid to write for websites. The back of the book has some great listings for publishing companies, writing awards and literary agents.

All in all,
Doc Kinne
Like the Short Story and Novel edition, this is a good reference book and a high-level overview of most markets.
Victoria Evangelina Belyavskaya

A great source of information for writers, wanting to be published!
Jonathan Kamp
If you are a freelance writer and need to subsist from your writing, you definitely need this book. I've been referring to Writer's Market since I (finally) found a copy in Germany in 1997 at the Nuremberg Army Library. At present, though, I'm wondering why it does not cover writer-to-reader direct publishing, aka, KDP to Kindle, Blogger/AdSense, etc.?
Cary Kostka
Always a must buy on my list each year. The publishing lists in the book, plus the online content make this a great time saver. Yes, most if not all of this information is on the internet, but why sift through hundreds of pages to find what you want when you can have a good source of information at your fingertips?
Rachel Pieters
The last one I read was a handful of years ago. I'm glad to see that every year they strive to make sure the info is helpful, current and relevant. Excellent work team!
Arlene A. Doquiatan (Cathbodua59)
Very educating information on how to become Published and what Publishers are looking for. Recommended for those who are considering a Career in Writing.
Jeff Littrell
Jun 29, 2013 Jeff Littrell rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: aspiring writers
Invaluable tool for getting your work published. Gives tips as to presentation, along with specific guidelines required by each publication.
Read most of the essays in the front section. Over all very helpful but really the lists in the back are what you're buying it for.
A great guide to the world of getting published.
Karen Ware
LOVE this market edition each year!
Katelyn Irons
An essential. No more needs to be said.
Ronja added it
Sep 22, 2015
Grizzy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Matt Smith
Matt Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015