Start by marking “Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5)” as Want to Read:
Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5)

Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,538 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Candy Apple is a fresh, fun take on fiction for girls: a new line of single titles with pep and pizzazz targeted at the solid middle-grade reader.

Charlie and her best friend Nicole never dreamed that auditioning for the junior high's musical would lead to this much drama! Charlie gets stuck babysitting her little sister -- and her sister's imaginary friend -- at rehearsals
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published September 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2007)

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée RussellDouble Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée Russell
7th grade
15th out of 153 books — 83 voters
Drama Queen by Lara BergenAccidentally Fabulous by Lisa PapademetriouMiss Popularity and the Best Friend Disaster by Francesco SeditaWinner Takes All by Jenny SantanaMiss Popularity Goes Camping by Francesco Sedita
Candy Apple Books
1st out of 28 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

SkeletalGarden.
Aafia
Aug 22, 2013 Aafia rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who enjoy a quick read about a school play
Recommended to Aafia by: I saw it in the library
I usually like the Candy Apple books, even though they're typically extremely predictable and don't always have the best writing (with the exception of the 'Accidentally' series by Lisa Papademetriou), but Drama Queen reaches new depths of predictability and not-so-great writing. It has been a few days since I've read it, and I've read many books since then, so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

I noticed one typo, which isn't a huge issue, but I felt that the writing style itself overly dramatize
Erin
Sep 16, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
This book is about a girl named Charlie and her bff named Nicole(the lucky one)and they had never dreamed that auditioning for the junior high's musical would involve this much drama!Charie gets stuck babysitting her little sister - and her sister's imaginary freind - at rehersals. The school's theater diva has it out for her,and guess who gets to play the male lead? The cutest guy in school! unfortunately,(for charlie) when the curtain finally goes up,the spotlight falls on someone that nobody ...more
Marcedes Hernandez
Mar 03, 2015 Marcedes Hernandez is currently reading it
Drama Queen
By: Lara Bergen

The main characters in this book are Charlie (the main character) And Nicole (Her best friend). The Plot starts at Charlies middle school where Charlie and Nicole decide to join the middle Musical. How ever, Charlie is put on babysitting duty for the week and has to watch her younger sister while, trying to practice for the play. It docent help that her little sister has an imaginary friend too. When charlie trys out for the play things don't go the way she wanted, Sh
HeAtHeR DaViS(:
I read this book 2 or 3 years ago so I dont remember that much of it. It was a really good book though from what I remember....It was very funny and reminded me of reall life stuff that happens not all that fake stuff you see in mean girls.
Natilie
Jun 09, 2009 Natilie rated it did not like it
This book was a total story of drama and like it was about a fashion show. that all really and a new girl name well i don't remember what her name was but I think she was righting the book.
Neha
Dec 09, 2015 Neha rated it it was amazing
I really like candy apple books but this so far is the best. I love love acting and drama and this book seriously made me like acting even more! ...more
Dec 22, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I liked this book a lot!!!!!!! it had a twist to it! i love drama so it was easy to realate to it!
Kim Crawford
IGNORE THE CLIQUES AND MEAN GURLS NUTHIN BUT TROUBLE
Nana
Mar 10, 2016 Nana rated it liked it
Shelves: candy-apple, drama, funny
This book is about a girl sort of shy girl called Charlie who loves to act. When she is chosen to act in the school musical, it's not all cherries and ice-cream when the musical it-girl is acting all protective over her 'turf'. But Charlie's talent will safe the day...and might get her some notice from Kyle, the cute boy who's also acting at the play...
Kiana
Jul 07, 2016 Kiana rated it liked it
Not mind-blowingly amazing but never once did I *sigh* "I don't want to finish this". Charlie, the main character is awesomely realistic going through quite realistic situations and feelings, and of course it's always nice to read a book that you can relate to on some level.
Lilly Wey
Apr 02, 2016 Lilly Wey rated it really liked it
I didn't like the story that much because charlotte liked a boy named,kyle, but he likes her friend,nicole,and a guy named,Ian,likes charlotte.It's kind of confusing!!!!but I don't like that the two main characters are not meant to be!
Melissa Namba
Jul 20, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it really liked it
amber is a horrible nasty bully. Charlie us a great protagonist because she is accessible and relatable. the story is predictable, but it is cute and teaches good values. Charlie never behaves poorly to amber no matter how poorly amber treats her.
Rosani
Mar 02, 2015 Rosani rated it liked it
i like this book
i want all the books for the candy apple series
Jazli Lopez
Feb 01, 2016 Jazli Lopez rated it it was amazing
I like this book. I wonder what it would be like to be in a musical.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Liz for TeensReadToo.com

Charlie and Nicole are best friends and do practically everything together, including trying out for the school musical.

The only things in their way are Amber Wiley and her little sister, Olivia. Oh, and Nelson, Olivia's imaginary friend!

When Charlie and Nicole try out something fishy starts happening, and no one is prepared for what happens next. What is it? You'll have to read the book to find out!

I give DRAMA QUEEN four stars because it makes you want to
Zi Xuan
Jan 25, 2016 Zi Xuan rated it really liked it
Drama Drama and MORE DRAMAAAA!!!
Manjit
Dec 11, 2014 Manjit rated it really liked it
How do u read this book
♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~
Old favorite from childhood.
Cathyl
Jun 29, 2014 Cathyl rated it it was amazing
I really liked the ending.
Bhupinder Singh
Cool
Krystelle
jnyhnuy
Mas5thgrade
I like this book because it has something for me to relate to. When I was in third grade I tried out for the play, got embarressed, and got a really small part without any speaking. And so did the main character Charlie (or Charlotte).

I think it was a good book. All in all, I liked it. Out of 10, I give it like a 6. I hope you read it, and like it as much as I did.
- by Skippy http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?...
Radwa
Dec 15, 2012 Radwa rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book because it was really funny.

Charlie and her best friend Nicole never dreamed that auditioning for the junior high's musical would lead to this much drama!But Charlie has to babysit her little sister Olivia.But somethings do not turn so bad.

I recommend girls to read this book and my favorite character is Charlie.
Saviourofmusic
Feb 17, 2013 Saviourofmusic rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated
This book ticked me off.

Charlie was a whiny pathetic girl- the extremely clichéd "I seem shy but I have a hidden talent" type.

She took everything for advantage. When she got in the chorus she acted like it was the "worst thing ever". Big whoop.

But really what should I have expected from a Candy Apple book?
Lexy
Feb 17, 2009 Lexy added it
Charlotte is my favorite person in this book. I loved it, it was amazingly funny to read! If your looking for and easy but not very easy book to read over the weekend and you're a material girl living in a material world pick this up. The charecters are so relatable to people between the ages of 10 and 21.
Cdvdcvggdfg
Aug 19, 2009 Cdvdcvggdfg rated it it was amazing
This is simpley amazing as well but better than the book The greek stole christmas. In this book it explains how to work out with a bully and to the bully you may get something more than others but in the end something is right that used to not be right in the beginning. You must read to find out more.
Amber B
Dec 17, 2009 Amber B rated it really liked it
This book was great because there are these two new people that just transfered to there school and the girl enters the play then she wanted to get the head of the light so she could get to see the boy better. Then this one girl got it instead it sort of made me made but then it wasnt that bad
Varisa C
Nov 05, 2013 Varisa C rated it it was amazing
This book is very fun and l like it because charlie and Nicole are best friends and I have a best friends too.
And charlie and Nicole are going in the play called robin-hood and charlie fell in love with kyle. I love this book because I liked how her best friend made her go on stage.
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Super Sweet 13 (Candy Apple #23)
  • Madame President

Candy Apple (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Accidental Cheerleader (Candy Apple #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)