Start by marking “The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun, #4)

The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun #4)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,213 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
The long hot Louisiana summer just got hotter for Rene LeDeux. He's burned out by D.C. politics and only wants to build his cabin in peace. But if his wacky, matchmaking great-aunt has her way, Bayou Black's prodigal son will be hitched before he can say butt-naked! That honor goes to Valerie "Ice" Breaux, Rene's high school nemesis turned Trial TV anchor, who's been abduc ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 318 pages
Published April 1st 2005 by Forever (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Red Hot Cajun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Hot Cajun

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
271st out of 2,380 books — 5,433 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillInsufficient Mating Material by Rowena CherryThe Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray
Humor is the Best Medicine
123rd out of 666 books — 477 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathrynn
4 1/2

Enjoyed another laugh out-loud Cajun book by Sandra Hill. This one kept me thoroughly entertained, laughing, smiling, loved the lawyer jokes and the romance was very nice. The internal dialogue that runs along with the characters kept me smiling. :-) Rene (the hero, The King of Smooth) was such a romantic guy. Val (Valerie) started out snobbish, but as her character developed I learned more about her and the horrors she endured as a child with a Joan Crawford-type mother.

There was a lot of
Melissa Fletcher
Feb 16, 2010 Melissa Fletcher rated it really liked it
at first i was like mmm about the book, but the characters grew on me and the book turned out to be a fun laid-back romance,Rene and Valerie had an instresting past to start off, i was beginning to think they wern't going to work out, especially the way Valerie felt about Rene. the only thing i would have to say that bothered me was the italic text of when they talked to themselves, but for the most part the book was wonderful, and it grew on me, almost cried in one part which suprised me, consi ...more
Tammy
I really enjoy Sandra Hill's sense of humor and fun writing style. Although RED-HOT CAJUN was not my favorite book in this series, it was a fun, light read for the weekend.

Rene' was as sexy and hot as the rest of the cajun cowboys in this series. I love LOVE love the fact that he was an environmental lobbyist, fighting to save the bayou. The descriptions of the Black Bayou are intriguing and really brought my attention to the problems with wetland conservation. This book is worth reading just f
Penny Watson
Aug 18, 2011 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing
Super quickie review!

The Red Hot Cajun by Sandra Hill

Genre: Contemporary Romance

The bad: The ending was a bit too fast, story slightly overstuffed.

The good: Sexy, delicious hero, hilarious Cajun family, loved the awesome romantic ending and epilogue. Made me feel like I was in the steamy bayou!

Grade: A-
Linda
Feb 19, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
This was such a fun book to read. It helps if you have read the first three books in the series to appreciate the family. Rene' LeDeux knew Valerie Breaux from growing up in the same small down and for the past tens years they have hated each other. At least that is what they thought until they were forced to spend time together in the Bayou.

They were from two different worlds and thought they wanted different things but in the end it was only the location that they had problems with.

Ms. Hill ma
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another witty Sandra Hill novel. We all need a Tante Lulu.
Erinw
Feb 04, 2015 Erinw rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It started off crazy weird and I almost quit reading, but the story got better as it went on. The romantic relationship was more realistic than many typical romances with discussion of compromise and long term life goals. I loved Rene and Val together. The environment of the Louisiana bayou was described beautifully. The end seem to get a little preachy about what should be important in life, but all in all it was a good read.
Michael  Starsheen
Another great entry in this series

Another great entry in this series

I gave this book five stars because it is fun, spirited, and a good read. Hill's Cajun books are as much fun as her Viking ones, and I recommend them to you.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
A ton of past story of why they don't get along in this book, at the same time as lusting after eachother. Rene's friends kidnap Valerie & bring her to Rene's log cabin in the bayou... Tante Lulu stays with them during this venture to keep them apart, but push them together at the same time. Snarky Valerie has her retorts, but it's relatively short lived. Both are jobless now & they are eventually going to do a documentary about saving these wetlands.

Same as the past 2 other books I rea
Stefanie
Good book. Laugh out loud funny in spots. Looking forward to more books by this author. Book is about Rene & Val.

Suspense, action-packed, romance, comedy. All around good book. Giving the book 5 stars. . . it keeps you interested in the book. Even after I put the book down I could remember what had happened. Hoping to read the complete Cajun series.

I consider this book the last of the Cajun series("Red Hot Cajun". . I started to read the next book in this series called "Pink Jinx" It is not
Robin
Sep 08, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kathleen
I look forward to finding the rest of the series at a book store. I loved Tante Lulu, it is a Grandma Mazur + Lula. :)
Theresa Hurley
Feb 23, 2015 Theresa Hurley rated it it was amazing
Love this book and series! Very entertaining.
Claudette Kerr
Sep 26, 2014 Claudette Kerr rated it it was amazing
Spicy
Jodotha
Feb 12, 2013 Jodotha rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was a light read, though there was some cleverly disguised depth involved, too. It was humorous and sexy, and also sweet in many ways. The characters might have been 2D were it not for the circumstances they kept landing in. Which is well done, in my opinion. I also appreciated that there were very normal complications in the relationship. It wasn't too black and white. I think I might be picking up more from the author.
Kate
I've been anticipating reading Rene's story for a while now and it didn't disappoint.

This story was sweet and funny and romantic and hot. It was really fun and entertaining to read.

Tante Lulu and the rest of the Lebeau clan were as amusing as always.

This is probably my favourite book of the series.
Nancy Anderson
Jul 19, 2015 Nancy Anderson rated it liked it
Shelves: book-nook-buy
6/24/15. Liked the bayou info.
Maria Cox
Jul 12, 2012 Maria Cox rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Sandra Hill and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite some of the cheesy lines and dialect ‘talk’. The instant simmering attraction was portrayed deliciously. Love sexy hero Rene and his quirky Cajun family. Loved the romantic ending and the epilogue.

Maria
Mfred
Apr 25, 2010 Mfred rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Cajuns, bayou shenanigans, wacky elderly characters, a kidnapping gone awry, an instant physical attraction too hot to ignore. While there are some great, breathtaking romance novels out there, this is one you take exactly as is. And you enjoy the hell out of it.
Lauren
Oct 27, 2008 Lauren rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Comedy/Romance lovers
Recommended to Lauren by: used book store
Shelves: 2009
I started reading this one when I was on vacation. I bought it at a used bookstore when I was out of town. There wasn't much to pick from but it was a light, funny read. Good for people who like romance novels.
Gina Black
Oct 24, 2012 Gina Black rated it it was amazing
Can I marry Rene PLEASE....musician with a cause..Mon Dieu, I want one a Rene too...Oh yeah, I am already married...Dang it...He made me laugh, sigh, and just feel really, really good...YUM!!!
Jennifer Worry
Jun 17, 2014 Jennifer Worry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. It had a great set of characters. Tante Lula was great, probably my favorite character in this entire book. You'll definitely get a kick out of the quirky old lady.
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it it was amazing
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Sam
Jan 11, 2009 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sandra-hill
This was my first Sandra Hill book.

holy smokes . .. need a cigerette or two after reading this one!!!

funny dialogue, quirky characters.
Michelle
Feb 05, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, part-of-series
I liked this book a lot. Some of the dialogue was cheesy, but Rene was very sexy and the story was fun. Lots of laugh out loud moments.
Lori Howe
Sep 17, 2012 Lori Howe rated it it was amazing
excellent ending to the 4 book series... unless, of course Tee-John gets his own story when he's old enough.
Pam
Jun 09, 2010 Pam rated it it was amazing
This is Rene LeDeux and Valerie's story. Wonderful...gotta love those Cajuns Hunks!
Kay Decker
Aug 19, 2012 Kay Decker rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, did not want to put it down. I So enjoy Sandra Hills books.
T Dellert
Sep 07, 2012 T Dellert rated it it was amazing
I thought this series couldn't get any better.
Tiss
Dec 17, 2012 Tiss rated it really liked it
I'm lovin Sandra's Cajun Series.
Dana Walker
May 28, 2013 Dana Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book totally worth the read!
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3)
  • Mistress of the Storm
  • Lovescape
  • Seduction by the Book
  • The Mistress / Wanted: Mistress and Mother
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It (CIS Duo, #2)
  • Dancing Shoes and Honky-Tonk Blues
  • Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments Bonus Chapters (Rose Gardner Mystery #7.5)
  • The Dangerous Protector (Puffin Harbor, #2)
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Erotic Deception
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate #3)
  • Wild (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Sighs Matter
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Perfect Weapon

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh
More about Sandra Hill...

Cajun (9 books)
  • The Love Potion (Cajun, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2)
  • The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)
  • Pink Jinx (Jinx, #1; Cajun, #5)
  • Pearl Jinx (Jinx, #2; Cajun, #6)
  • Wild Jinx (Jinx, #3; Cajun, #7)
  • So Into You (Cajun, #8)
  • Snow on the Bayou (Tante Lulu Adventure, #1)