The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun, #4)

The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  982 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The long hot Louisiana summer just got hotter for Rene LeDeux. He's burned out by D.C. politics and only wants to build his cabin in peace. But if his wacky, matchmaking great-aunt has her way, Bayou Black's prodigal son will be hitched before he can say butt-naked! That honor goes to Valerie "Ice" Breaux, Rene's high school nemesis turned Trial TV anchor, who's been abduc...more
Mass Market Paperback, 318 pages
Published April 1st 2005 by Forever (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Red Hot Cajun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Hot Cajun

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
229th out of 1,655 books — 3,762 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillGood Omens by Terry PratchettInsufficient Mating Material by Rowena CherryThe Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray
Humor is the Best Medicine
104th out of 460 books — 369 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathrynn
4 1/2

Enjoyed another laugh out-loud Cajun book by Sandra Hill. This one kept me thoroughly entertained, laughing, smiling, loved the lawyer jokes and the romance was very nice. The internal dialogue that runs along with the characters kept me smiling. :-) Rene (the hero, The King of Smooth) was such a romantic guy. Val (Valerie) started out snobbish, but as her character developed I learned more about her and the horrors she endured as a child with a Joan Crawford-type mother.

There was a lot of...more
Melissa Fletcher
at first i was like mmm about the book, but the characters grew on me and the book turned out to be a fun laid-back romance,Rene and Valerie had an instresting past to start off, i was beginning to think they wern't going to work out, especially the way Valerie felt about Rene. the only thing i would have to say that bothered me was the italic text of when they talked to themselves, but for the most part the book was wonderful, and it grew on me, almost cried in one part which suprised me, consi...more
Tammy
I really enjoy Sandra Hill's sense of humor and fun writing style. Although RED-HOT CAJUN was not my favorite book in this series, it was a fun, light read for the weekend.

Rene' was as sexy and hot as the rest of the cajun cowboys in this series. I love LOVE love the fact that he was an environmental lobbyist, fighting to save the bayou. The descriptions of the Black Bayou are intriguing and really brought my attention to the problems with wetland conservation. This book is worth reading just f...more
Penny Watson
Super quickie review!

The Red Hot Cajun by Sandra Hill

Genre: Contemporary Romance

The bad: The ending was a bit too fast, story slightly overstuffed.

The good: Sexy, delicious hero, hilarious Cajun family, loved the awesome romantic ending and epilogue. Made me feel like I was in the steamy bayou!

Grade: A-
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another witty Sandra Hill novel. We all need a Tante Lulu.
Michael  Starsheen
Another great entry in this series

Another great entry in this series

I gave this book five stars because it is fun, spirited, and a good read. Hill's Cajun books are as much fun as her Viking ones, and I recommend them to you.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
A ton of past story of why they don't get along in this book, at the same time as lusting after eachother. Rene's friends kidnap Valerie & bring her to Rene's log cabin in the bayou... Tante Lulu stays with them during this venture to keep them apart, but push them together at the same time. Snarky Valerie has her retorts, but it's relatively short lived. Both are jobless now & they are eventually going to do a documentary about saving these wetlands.

Same as the past 2 other books I rea...more
Stefanie
Good book. Laugh out loud funny in spots. Looking forward to more books by this author. Book is about Rene & Val.

Suspense, action-packed, romance, comedy. All around good book. Giving the book 5 stars. . . it keeps you interested in the book. Even after I put the book down I could remember what had happened. Hoping to read the complete Cajun series.

I consider this book the last of the Cajun series("Red Hot Cajun". . I started to read the next book in this series called "Pink Jinx" It is not...more
Jodotha
I really enjoyed this one. It was a light read, though there was some cleverly disguised depth involved, too. It was humorous and sexy, and also sweet in many ways. The characters might have been 2D were it not for the circumstances they kept landing in. Which is well done, in my opinion. I also appreciated that there were very normal complications in the relationship. It wasn't too black and white. I think I might be picking up more from the author.
Kate
I've been anticipating reading Rene's story for a while now and it didn't disappoint.

This story was sweet and funny and romantic and hot. It was really fun and entertaining to read.

Tante Lulu and the rest of the Lebeau clan were as amusing as always.

This is probably my favourite book of the series.
Maria Cox
This was my first book by Sandra Hill and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite some of the cheesy lines and dialect ‘talk’. The instant simmering attraction was portrayed deliciously. Love sexy hero Rene and his quirky Cajun family. Loved the romantic ending and the epilogue.

Maria
Mfred
Cajuns, bayou shenanigans, wacky elderly characters, a kidnapping gone awry, an instant physical attraction too hot to ignore. While there are some great, breathtaking romance novels out there, this is one you take exactly as is. And you enjoy the hell out of it.
Lauren
Oct 27, 2008 Lauren rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Comedy/Romance lovers
Recommended to Lauren by: used book store
Shelves: 2009
I started reading this one when I was on vacation. I bought it at a used bookstore when I was out of town. There wasn't much to pick from but it was a light, funny read. Good for people who like romance novels.
Gina Black
Can I marry Rene PLEASE....musician with a cause..Mon Dieu, I want one a Rene too...Oh yeah, I am already married...Dang it...He made me laugh, sigh, and just feel really, really good...YUM!!!
Jennifer Worry
I LOVED this book. It had a great set of characters. Tante Lula was great, probably my favorite character in this entire book. You'll definitely get a kick out of the quirky old lady.
C K
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Sam
This was my first Sandra Hill book.

holy smokes . .. need a cigerette or two after reading this one!!!

funny dialogue, quirky characters.
Michelle
I liked this book a lot. Some of the dialogue was cheesy, but Rene was very sexy and the story was fun. Lots of laugh out loud moments.
Lori Howe
excellent ending to the 4 book series... unless, of course Tee-John gets his own story when he's old enough.
Pam
This is Rene LeDeux and Valerie's story. Wonderful...gotta love those Cajuns Hunks!
Marilyn
Nov 15, 2012 Marilyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Marilyn by: I FOUND
What can I say other then Cajun man HOT romance and matchmaking Tanta
Lulu!!!
Kay Decker
Loved this book, did not want to put it down. I So enjoy Sandra Hills books.
T Dellert
I thought this series couldn't get any better.
Tiss
I'm lovin Sandra's Cajun Series.
Dana Walker
Great book totally worth the read!
Floridagirl
so hillarious - I LOVED this book
Nefret
Spaß mit Südstaatenflair.
Kim paul
Funny, I loved it.
  • Talk Nerdy to Me (Nerds, #5)
  • The Mistress: The Mistress\Wanted: Mistress and Mother
  • Erotic Deception
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Dancing Shoes and Honky-Tonk Blues
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • The Loving Daylights
  • The Marriage Test (Brides of Virtue, 3)
  • You Only Love Twice
  • Once a Pirate
  • To Catch A Thief (Draycott Abbey #8)
  • A New Attitude
  • Every Time We Kiss (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced #3)
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Truth or Dare

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh...more
More about Sandra Hill...
The Last Viking (Viking II, #1) Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2) The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3) The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3) The Reluctant Viking (Viking I, #1)