Start by marking “Hell Hath No Fury (Multiverse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell Hath No Fury (Multiverse, #2)

Hell Hath No Fury (Multiverse #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,091 ratings  ·  28 reviews

It began with two men. They came from very different worlds¿entirely different universes, in fact¿and they met in a virgin forest on a duplicate planet Earth. Neither of them had expected it, both of them realized how important the first contact with any other trans-universal human civilization might be. But something went wrong. Neither side knows who shot first. But both
Published March 6th 2007 by Baen (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hell Hath No Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Hath No Fury

On Basilisk Station by David WeberRing of Fire by Eric FlintTorch of Freedom by David WeberBolo! by David WeberThe Service of the Sword by David Weber
Loren's Lost List
39th out of 51 books — 5 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsWarship by Joshua DalzelleFoundation by Isaac AsimovHunting Party by Elizabeth MoonDune by Frank Herbert
Galactic Quests
84th out of 139 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

(review November 2015 on something like the 4th or 5th complete read)

For an introduction to the series (and its publication history and travails) see my review of Hell's gate

Here I will add a few comments about this one:

- non-stop action and a book that cannot literally be put down; while hell's gate has slower moments, this just rolls from page one until the end some 500 pages or so later; useful glossary especially for the corresponding names of places,
Another multi-verse book; another cliff-hanger ending. Oh, no, it's not over. Weber was introducing new characters and sub-plots halfway through his tome (Admittedly, half the length of Hell's Gate.)

Like the Honor Harrington books, long on fully realized cultures and characters, but beginning to look like another never-ending tale. I'm thinking Robert Jordan. That may sound like a complement; it's not. (Publishers and authors may enjoy the royalties, but readers start feeling betrayed.)

A good re
Scott Holstad
Second in the Multiverse series created by David Weber and Linda Evans, Hell Hath No Fury is quite excellent. If one can stomach quite a bit of violence. For violent it is. Two separate worlds in two separate universes, each exploring new alternate universes through portals they’ve discovered, encounter each other in the first book. And Arcana, the magical, militaristic culture run entirely by spells attacks a civilian survey crew from Sharona, which is a technology-based world, of a WW I era of ...more
This book was a regretful DNF for me.

I can't shake the feeling this is a decent book. The politics seem convoluted but not impenetrable. There's a wide variety of characters, and the dichotomy of one army with advanced tech and the other with magic and dragons was really cool. There were scenes that I got really invested in, absolutely loved.

But man, I just did not CARE and I'm not entirely sure why. Part of it was probably the unusual naming conventions that left me having difficulty different
I actually liked this one as well as well as "Hells Gate" despite the low star rating that I gave it. Unfortunately this book ends with the story completely up in the air. While I find that annoying in general, I can accept it when the next book is on the way. It looks like they intended on at least two more books to complete the story but now nearly 7 years later still no further concluding book. I am very disappointed in the abrupt ending and despite my great review of the first book I would n ...more
William Bentrim
Hell Hath No Fury by David Weber and Linda Evans

Book two of the Multiverse series is also most engrossing. Evan’s and Weber’s portrayal of two unique civilizations on a road to conflict progress to the actual conflict itself. Arcana base magic technology challenges Sharona’s psychic talents and their science based technology. The multi-universal aspect is that both civilizations have discovered portal to alternate earths that have no populations until they confront each other.

David Weber and Li
The Hells Gate series explores what would happen if two radically different societies clashed in a universe where trans-dimensional gates exist. Imagine a 3 mile wide window into another Earth which is completely devoid of humans and somewhere on that alter-Earth is another gate leading to another alter-Earth. Repeat 6 or 7 times.

Arcana is a civilization where magic is the the primary form of technology. Dragons exist and are used for warfare and transportation. Many people have PC's (personal c
Charles D.
I guess the best description of this book is "ponderous". It's not that the writing isn't good or that the characters aren't interesting but that it's trying to convey a HUGE scope. You've got two entirely different civilizations clashing and neither side is really the "bad guy." I must hand it to David and Linda for starting such a project but I'm not certain I would try it. This must have been like constructing a scale model of the Taj Mahal out of toothpicks.

In any case the action and stories
David L
Two things first. One is that this review is of the Kindle ebook from Baen. The second is that this book, like the first, was co-written with Linda Evans.

This book avoids the errors of the first. It is action packed, fast paced, and shorter. It is an excellent read.

If anything the book is too short! It only just manages to deal with all the major characters, although three of them, and an interesting possible sub-plot, have just disappeared. 8% of the book is glossary and list of characters tack
Kathy Davie
Second in the New Multiverse military science-fiction series. And it had better not be the last!

The Story
I. N. T. E. N. S. E. It took me days to read this as it was such an intense story.

The brutality and evil of mul Gurthak with his underhanded, traitorous plot. Setting up the Sharonians with the peace talks at the portal while bringing his army and dragons forward for the sneak attack. Only the Talents of the Sharonians enable them to survive at all as they escape through the forest.

I loved me
An interesting followup to "Hell's Gate" by the same authors.

A bit slow in pacing, but overall not bad.

It's the story of two earthlike worlds that have found "Portals" between parallel universes. Until the events of the first book, both thought their civilizations were the only ones in the universe.

on the one hand, you have Arcana, which uses a form of "technology" based on magic, including lots of usage of magical creatures, which have been produced through a form of magical genetic engineerin
Joseph Mitchell
As you can clearly see by my five star review I really enjoyed this book and its predecessor. I believe this series has the potential to be one of the best series that I have ever read. If or when David Weber and Linda Evans finish this series I believe it will rival his Honor Harrington series. The basic plot line of the series is one of the best I've ever seen. The potential of this series is quite literally boundless. Who will win between the two worlds is still up in the air. With the gates ...more
For those who like to read ebooks, this one, and the first in the series, Hell's Gate, are both available free from Baen. You can find a copy at

I enjoyed both this book and the prequel, although I'm not as into the detailed descriptions of tactics as Weber is and I tend to skim through those parts. I particularly liked the way in which the initial situation escalates through a series of mistakes, misunderstandings and miscalculations, allowing you to empathise
Gail Morris
This book drags you across over a dozen universes and then makes you reread the last page looking for more... there had better be a next book or there shall be Hell to pay!
Norman Howe
Augh! Another continued story! And the next volume hasn't been published yet.
After the prologue and chapter 1, I gave up. This series has the same fundamental problem as the Honor Harrington books, but much worse. Both authors write military fiction. The whole series concept is a conflict between two civilizations. But for various reasons, they keep nominally trying to avoid battle, and agonizing over how bad an actual war would be.

In the Harrington books there's more going on, and a historical aspect, and more transformation of conflict. Here, the trains have been heade
Not the worst book in the world, but a "Not to read" all the same -- for if no other reason then it does not look like the trilogy will ever be finished. The first 50 pages was a struggle to get though, although if picked up after that.
After 3 years of no book three, acording to the authers websites it does not look like a book 3 will be happening, and as this book leaves off on a cliffhanger, its something to avoid until (if ever) they are all writen.
This second book in the series was easier to get into as I was used to the constant POV jumping, and I was familiar with most of the characters. I liked this one a little bit more than the last, too, though not enough more to jump up to five stars.

It has been a while since this book came out, too, so hopefully Weber and Evans will toss us another book in the series soon. This one ends on a cliffhanger of sorts.
Like the first book, there was nothing profound here. Nothing all that thought-provoking. But I tell you what, these books are a helluvalotta fun. Not anywhere close to the "best" books I've read, however you want to define "best" ... but tunz and tunz of fun and impossible to put down. So that's gotta count for something.
I love the story concept.
This book went by quite slowly, and I was left feeling as though the story did not move forward very much at all. In fact, this book really felt like it was deliberately slowed down so there would be more books in the series to sell, AKA milking it for all its worth.
George Riggs
Good Book. I like the two different worlds and Technology vs Magic. I am always wondering what the writers are going to dream up next to counter each others type of technology or powers. I appreciated the Glossary at end of book. Looking forward to reading more of this series...
James Hein
This book finished strongly but it was one of those that dragged on quite a bit. The worst part is the next book is to the best of my knowledge not even in the works so I'm not sure if the series will be finished?
Mar 25, 2013 Hotrats rated it 2 of 5 stars
600 plus pages and it isn't finished. No ending? Is he paid by the word? Why can't fantasy writers tell a story that doesn't take more than one book to tell?
Steven Horne
Wish you would write another book in this series. You sort of left us hanging...
Mar 17, 2010 Brandon rated it 1 of 5 stars
I could not finish this book, after trying over and over for several years.
Gary Scott
This was a very good read. Love the lead character.
See Hell's Gate which reall needs to be read first.
Zack Adamson
The speed picked up in the second book.
Terisa De Morgan
Terisa De Morgan marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
  • Yellow Eyes (Posleen War: Sidestories, #2)
  • Exodus (Starfire, #5)
  • Storm Surge (Destroyermen, #8)
  • Ring of Fire (Ring of Fire Anthology, #1)
  • Some Golden Harbor (Lt. Leary, #5)
  • Rogue
David Mark Weber is an American science fiction and fantasy author. He was born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1952.

Many of his stories have military, particularly naval, themes, and fit into the military science fiction genre. He frequently places female leading characters in what have been traditionally male roles.

One of his most popular and enduring characters is Honor Harrington whose alliterated name
More about David Weber...

Multiverse (3 books)
  • Hell's Gate (Multiverse, #1)
  • The Road to Hell (Multiverse, #3)