Start by marking “For All Time” as Want to Read:
For All Time

For All Time (Time Travelers #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,266 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Annie, a teenager in 1999, tries to travel back in time to join her lost love Strat in Egypt in 1899, but instead she ends up in ancient Egypt and in great danger.
Published October 9th 2001 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about For All Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For All Time

Carol
Picked this up because I couldn't just read 3 out of 4 books in a series and stop. Well I should have. It wasn't nearly as charming as the other three and the plot seemed to be all over the place. Still good for some nostalgic middle schoolish reading though.
Jordan Rodgers
Cate
I adore the Time Travel Quartet by Caroline B. Cooney. I've been looking for this last book for about a year and a half now and finally discovered it at a library book sale for fifty cents. What a steal for a day's worth of borderline-trashy teen entertainment! The very end of the book was a bit of a disappointment, but I think I'll live. Totally worth my effort.
Victorianromantic
Not the satisfying ending I imagined for this series, but good writing all the same.
Jenny
The last four books that I've finished have been Cooney books, so sorry Cooney, but this review will be brief. Basically, I liked that this book is about Annie and Strat again. I like the locations of Ancient Egypt, 1899 Egypt, and 1999 at the Egypt exhibit in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Very clever. I like the ending and the way it ties together the loose ends of the series. Well done, Cooney.
All in all, I recommend this book and this series, but I would skip the third book. It doesn't seem
Gaele
actually 3.5 stars
I was intrigued by the synopsis of this story, thinking it would be a lighter and less wordy approach of an Outlander story. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those books, but I don’t always have the 2 days free to pleasure read 1000 pages, even though I have read each of the released books at least 6 times. I love the idea of time travel, and the added bonus of being able to direct where you go is intriguing and gives a sense of control to the characters. So I was excited to read th
Kristina
I liked the style of this one better as if covered a multitude of characters rather than focusing on two and lightly brushing a few others. The ending was disappointing in the sense that I wanted a particular ending - but *shrug* that's the author's story and even though it makes me sad, sometimes the unexpected ending is good enough.
Chelly
Everything was good in the beginning, with great build up, and I liked the new characters and happy happy but the end WAS TERRIBLE...it was so completely pointless and I was indescribably UNhappy. It was almost like I wanted to undo reading the first one because, like I said, POINTLESS
Carmen
a surprising ending for the serie but very good indeed.
Lizzypants
These books did NOT have a happy ending
Melissa
Great story! I love historical fiction and the inclusion of the history of ancient Egypt adds a lot to an already fascinating time travel tale. Of the four books I think I like the 1st and 4th ones best. The character Camilla in this story really resonates with me (as we have something big in common: being 6 ft. tall). I know her pain, and I truly rejoiced for her later happiness.

I also love that there are good and honorable people in this book. Some of the others have really made you scorn huma
Sandra Strange
Part of a series concerning the time bending duo: contemporary teen, Annie Lockwood, and her true love, Strat. This novel combines time travel with 19th Century Egyptian archaeology with 2000 B.C. Egyptian culture and life with 19th Century robber baron ethics (or lack thereof). The story is an adventure romance. The female protagonist travels back to the 19th Century to find the boy she left behind after an earlier adventure. Meanwhile, the boy works on an archaeological dig in Egypt anonymousl ...more
Suzanne Dix
Guilty pleasure - reminds me of an Elizabeth Peters novel! Fast-paced and an easy read. I have this in the sci-fi section but it is a better mystery.
Jessica Mitchell
Jessica Mitchell, 11
For All Time
2 stars

Yep, this one takes the cake for the worst Caroline. B Cooney book of all time. (see, see what I did there?) I couldn't even concentrate one what was going on in the book and the overall plot was very confusing. I even read most of the other books in the series. Still confusing!
I couldn't get through this book, which would usually give a book only one star, but this book had a little bit of 'potential' if Caroline spent a little more time and effort on it.
Sharon
Probably would of liked it better if I had read the first three in the series but because it was on the shelf when I wanted a quick read - I read it before I discovered it was the 4th and last in a series.
That said, it tells the story of 2 people falling in and out of time and how their lives and loves are connected.
I think it is meant to be a YA book, heavy on romance and not really anywhere close to a 'science' fiction book abt time.
All in all - a good read for someone younger or more romanti
Marit Thostenson
I received the whole series from a library giveaway, I believe and was eager to read them. I don't know why I haven't read the fourth until now, but really did like it. The ended disappointed me a lot more than I thought it would. Strat didn't seem the same to me as he did in the other books, but overall, I think it was a very good book.
Kay
A much more interesting cast of characters, with several new ones introduced and more or less well developed (considering genre & context of writing). Fast-paced action with very short chapters. A little jumpy, but awesome nonetheless. I liked the descriptions of ancient Egypt, though the people in that time seemed the most like caricatures (in comparison to modern-day and Victorian times). Bit of a silly ending, but I think it was a good way to end the series.
Julia
Jenny
Annie tries to rejoin Strat in 1899, but winds up in Ancient Egypt instead. Strat is a photographer for a dig in Egypt, and discovers a mysterious tomb. Strat must escape the clutches of his evil father and join Annie in Ancient Egypt before she is sacrificed. Will time ever allow the two lovers to be together?
Melissa
I am upset to learn that this was the 4th and final book in the series. I didn't realize that when I picked it up at the library. I do want to go back and and read the first three books though, after I finish the pile of books that I picked up from the library the past few days.
Lexi Vick
I loved the setting of ancient Egypt for this final book in the series, but was disappointed in the ending. To assume Annie can transfer her affections to a future heir felt false and left me wondering about poor Strat having to spend his days still pining for a girl he can never have.
Melody
Good story line, a little different format from the others in the series, so it took a little to get used to at first. Not quite what I expected, thus the 3 stars instead of 4. The ending did leave me thinking for a while, there are a few ways it could have been interpreted.
Tiffani
Hated this book. I mean come-friggin-on. Totally they risked their love and everything and what happens?? He can't remember a single thing when he gets to her time and they never get together! Grrr I was so mad... this book is shunned from my personal world
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
It wasn't my favorite in the series. I can't fault her for the way she ended the book, but I must admit I was a little disappointed with the ending. That's probably because I'm an incurable romantic though. It was a decent book though, and I did enjoy it.
Mrs.
A satisfying conclusion to Cooney's time travel series. After their adventure in ancient Egypt, Annie and Strat must part ways to follow their individual fates in their own centuries. However, a twentieth century twist makes their parting less bittersweet.
Linda
Kim
This book was pretty decent until the very end. I was very disappointed with the "realistic" ending, when the whole series is very UN-realistic. I'd recommend reading all 4 in the series, but don't hold your hopes too high for this one!
Cheryl
For a series that started out so great this one just went downhill for me. The 3rd one started the downward spiral but this one just seemed all over the place and ended weird. Oh well.
Alana
For all the sappy romance in these books, middle school me LOVED them. I think it was the combination of time travel and cute boys, but holy cow, did I enjoy the crap out of these.
The Ending 3 25 Sep 25, 2011 08:05PM
  • Timeless Love
  • Titanic: The Long Night
  • The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • Going for Gold (Angels Unlimited, #10)
  • The King of Mulberry Street
  • Shadows on the Aegean (Time Travel, #2)
  • The Wakefield Legacy: The Untold Story (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #2)
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • A Coming Evil
  • So Far From Home: the Diary of Mary Driscoll, an Irish Mill Girl, Lowell, Massachusetts, 1847 (Dear America)
  • Circles in Time
  • The Root Cellar
  • Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)
  • Reflections in the Nile (Time Travel, #1)
  • Tempest in Time
  • A Moment In Time
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...
The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1) Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2) The Voice on the Radio (Janie Johnson, #3) What Janie Found (Janie Johnson, #4) Code Orange