Start by marking “What If? (Jeremy Shuttle Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
What If? (Jeremy Shuttle Adventures, #1)

What If? (Jeremy Shuttle Adventures #1)

What If everything you drew became real?

Jeremy Shuttle receives a sketchbook from a mysterious shopkeeper in a strange art store. Soon, he and his best friend Natalie discover that anything he draws in the book becomes real!

He uses the book to go on amazing adventures, each time landing in greater danger. When he decides to use the book to bring back his Dad, missing for 1
Published October 20th 2010 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about What If?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What If?

Wanda Hartzenberg
Nov 24, 2014 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Jeremy Shuttle is one of the most likable characters I have come across in ages. This boy is still a boy. Not a vamped up hyper super man in a boy's body. The same goes for his best friend and almost girlfriend who is also still only a young girl. Certain parts of this book is written so exceptionally well that I was blown away by the true human insight that has been so vividly retold to us the readers.
I must say if I could recommend a book to a younger YA this would be it. If I could recommend
Fran
May 21, 2013 Fran rated it it was amazing
What If? Jeffery M. Daniels

Questions are how we learn the answers to many things that we might not otherwise know or understand. When children question adults, their teachers and friends their mind expands, their knowledge base grows and they become better informed. But, what if when you question, when you ponder or wonder whatever you ask becomes more than just a question? What if your passion to express yourself in your own unique way brings you into a world that will turn your life in many di
Paul
Apr 30, 2014 Paul rated it really liked it
This YA novel is about a young boy who suddenly acquires a unique ability.

Jeremy Shuttle is your average middle school student. He loves asking questions in class, he deals with the school bully, and he has a friend named Natalie. He also loves drawing in his sketchbook. One day, an art supply store suddenly appears at the end of his street. Yesterday, it was no there. The elderly proprietor gives Jeremy a very special sketchbook. He should have listened more closely to what the proprietor said
Gina Hott
May 08, 2014 Gina Hott rated it it was amazing
Hott Synopsis:
Aladdin’s Lamp or Pandora’s Box?
Jeremy Shuttle twelve-year-old bug-lover can’t help but be the constant brunt of the school bully’s pranks. He knows that at some point he’ll be left alone – especially if he can keep his sarcastic comments to himself – but for now he must deal with the angst.

Until, he ventures into an odd store and finds that maybe his drawing are worth more than just some personal enjoyment. Maybe, they can right wrongs and bring balance or maybe they’ll just wreak
De Jr.
Aug 05, 2015 De Jr. rated it really liked it
Shelves: native-s-reads
What if?
Jeremy Shuttle Adventures Book 1
By Jeffery M. Daniels
5 June 2015

When I began to delve into this wonderful book I was instantly reminded of books and adventures of old classic stories. The levels of the characters individual lives were built in such a way that if you closed your eyes to try and visualize, you would truly think that it was real.

I love how each page pulled you in to the life of the main character Jeremy, and also the development of the supporting characters as well. The ad
Amy Tabler-Yingling
I can completely understand Jeremy's inquisitive nature because at thirteen I was the same exact way I wanted to know the whys and the hows of everything even if I didn't completely understand the answers. At this age I was just trying to make sense of it all and so is Jeremy. However, that is pretty much where the similarities end between me and Jeremy because I didn't find a really cool art store that seemed to magically appear, oh wait it did, and I didn't get a really cool sketchbook that ...more
Literary
Jun 11, 2013 Literary rated it really liked it
Mandy's Review:

Despite the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" we do just that. Admit it. When we walk into a section of books (whether it be the library, grocery store, or bookstore) we are automatically drawn to the covers we like and are willing to read what they're about. The covers that don't entice us, we quickly glance over and decide it's not worth the time to read the summary on the back. I say this because when I first saw the cover art for this book, I mistakenly thought it was w
Becky Corwin-Adams
Dec 07, 2013 Becky Corwin-Adams rated it really liked it
This well written book involves a unique twist on an adventure story. The characters are insects - ants, to be exact. The author uses descriptive words to paint a very interesting portrait of each character in the story, even detailing the ant's clothing. The characters seem very real and almost human. The reader quickly forgets that the characters are ants.

Jeremy Shuttle was an almost thirteen year old artist who loved to draw. One day he stumbled upon a new art store. After a lengthy discussio
Christoph Fischer
Nov 04, 2014 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"What If?" by Jeffrey M. Daniels is a beautiful and charming book with an excellent main character. Jeremy Shuttle is clever and quick witted but that isn't always enough to escape bullies and other problems.
He is a likeable character and his main talent is drawing. One day he recieves a notebook which has the power to bring anything he draws to life. This discovery brings a lot of fun and adventure with it, but also some deeper and thoughtful notes.
I found the book hugely enjoyable. All charact
Victoria Brinius
Dec 21, 2013 Victoria Brinius rated it it was amazing
These were excellent books. I remember reading the choose your own ending books when I was younger. These books are like that because you never know what is going to really happen. The limit is anything that Jeremy can Draw. These books are great for the imagination and I can not wait until the next book comes out. I can not wait to read these with my niece and nephew and have them draw something. This is a great book to read and escape to another place. I am giving these books each a 5/5. I was ...more
Denee
Aug 06, 2016 Denee rated it it was ok
Shelves: won
This book was an explosion of vocabulary. It was reminiscent of a C student trying too hard to impress his A student friends. The story line was that of youthful content, however, it seemed to be addressed more towards an older group as the subject matter contained brief yet bold sexual inuendos. Not at all what I was expecting when I won this as a goodreads giveaway. I guess I am just confused on what age group this book is targeting as I wouldn't reccommend it to a child.
Leslie
Jan 05, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the Goodreads first reads program.

What an interesting book! I enjoyed reading this with my nephew, he got a kick out of it! I look forward to the next of the series!
Jean
Sep 10, 2016 Jean rated it it was amazing
Very interesting reading...different twist of characters on an adventure - Well written and it really made me want to use my imagination more...look so forward to the next book.
Jen Rothmeyer
Jan 18, 2014 Jen Rothmeyer rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What if? is a highly imaginative and complex novel about a twelve-year-old boy trying to figure out the world around him and how to develop into who he should and wants to be. Jeremy Shuttle is an inquisitive, intellectual young man who is not understood by his peers and is bullied. He has an artistic gift that helps him connect to a young woman named Natalie Carroll. Best of friends, these two also have a budding romance – completely unknown to Jeremy, but observed by all around him. Jeremy is ...more
Lisa
Mar 11, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
** In compliance with FTC guidelines, I disclose that I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.**

Jeremy Shuttle is the constant recipient of verbal and physical punches and jabs from the bullies at his school, and his single mom cleans up the mess when she gets home from work. Neither has been able to make headway against the bully, as the father donates heavily to the school, so they're a little biased. Fending the bullying off with humor is old hat to Jeremy, who does it with
Ms. Reader
Mar 10, 2016 Ms. Reader rated it it was ok
I received this book for free from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review...

I tried really hard to like this book, but it fell flat within the first chapter. The details were weak, the characters weren't convincing at all (and why are these middle-school age kids talking like adults?), and even though the plot was strong it was described so painfully slow and boring. It was poorly written and filled with grammar errors that were distracting and annoying. The book was bland, from
Ellon
Dec 21, 2014 Ellon rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, own
I received this book through Goodreads firstreads giveaway.

What If? if the story of Jeremy, a 13 year old boy who comes in contact with a magic sketchbook that will make anything he draws come to life. It was really interesting to read the stories about what he drew and what happened, even if Jeremy was a little stupid about a lot of the things he decided to do throughout the book. However, I could let his stupidity go and still like his character since he was only 13.

The characters in the book
Eric
Jan 18, 2014 Eric rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Middle School Age through Adult Readers
Recommended to Eric by: Goodreads
Disclaimer: I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

This is the first book of a trilogy. While the story is interesting and incorporates a diverse vocabulary, there are unfortunately, numerous errors in editing and proofreading, which include: omitted and redundant words and incorrect or missing punctuation that make for difficult sentences and deter from a reader's experience. There are no illustrations other than the book cover and this installment is presumably sketched for M
Lauren
Nov 10, 2014 Lauren rated it it was amazing
this is an adorable story about a boy who is gifted a drawing books a pencils. not only does he have an amazing talent at drawing but the book has magical abilities bringing the drawings to life. Fantastic story line that kids and adults will love. I can't wait to find out what happens next. Hopefully another miracle!
Shelley Thompson
Mar 17, 2016 Shelley Thompson rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What If? is a clever story that had me captivated by the end. The main character handles adventures with curiosity and humor. It's a coming of age story with lots of emotion. Good for young adult audiences.
Rachel
Dec 30, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: firstreads
I received this book from the goodreads first reads program. What a cute book! I enjoyed every page. I even enjoyed the way it ended leaving the story open for the next book in the series. I think my daughter will enjoy reading it now.
Nicki
May 26, 2016 Nicki rated it did not like it
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads...

and gave it to my daughter. She went through a couple chapters but it didn't keep her interest and she commented that it had "bad words."
Carol
Mar 06, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as well as the characters. I would like to read the next two books in the series.
Vera
Jun 01, 2015 Vera rated it it was amazing
A book of fantasy. Just imagine whatever you draw will come to life. Wow!! A good book for the young adults.
Tracy
Feb 21, 2016 Tracy rated it did not like it
My 12 year old son read this book and he loved it. He told me to give it 5 stars. Once I steal it out of his room, I will read it myself and add my own thoughts.
Morgan
Oct 22, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is so thought provoking and imaginative, I regained my imagination from this book! Jeffrey Daniels is a genius!
Ken
Ken rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Jeffrey Daniels
May 06, 2013 Jeffrey Daniels rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Janie
Janie rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
  • Depression's Dance
  • From Generation To...
  • Heaven Touching Earth: True Stories of Angels, Miracles, and Heavenly Encounters
  • Last Minute Decision
  • Dear Father: Turning My Pain Into Power
  • Soft Shock
  • Coloring Flower Mandalas: 30 Hand-drawn Designs for Mindful Relaxation
  • Angles of Departure
  • The Complete Brain Workout: 500 New Puzzles to Exercise Your Brain and Maximize Your Memory
  • The Geography of Memory: A Pilgrimage Through Alzheimer's
  • Max Quick: The Pocket and the Pendant (Max Quick, #1)
  • Limoncello Yellow (Franki Amato, #1)
  • How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck: Advice to Make Any Amateur Look Like a Pro
  • Under the Green Hill
Jeffrey's parents moved down to Florida from New York just in time to make him a native Floridian...one of the few remaining in the state from that halcyon era of the 60's.

Born under the sign of Gemini, he obtained degrees in appropriately opposite fields of Accounting and Advertising, though he claims not to have inspired the unfortunate term "creative accountant".

His career in writing, beginning
More about Jeffrey M. Daniels...

Jeremy Shuttle Adventures (3 books)
  • What Next? (Jeremy Shuttle Adventures, #2)
  • What Now? (Jeremy Shuttle Adventures, #3)