Start by marking “Forgiven” as Want to Read:

Karen Kingsbury

Forgiven (Firstborn #2)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  7,132 ratings  ·  121 reviews
A Deadly Accident
The Christian Kids Theater group is devastated by a tragedy greater than any of them could’ve imagined. Now their director, Katy Hart, must find a way to walk the kids through their grief and give them a reason to believe again. But will hatred and revenge have the final word?

An Aching Emptiness
Dayne Matthews is at the top of the Hollywood list, working on
Audio CD, Abridged
Published September 20th 2005 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Forgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgiven

Rachel
Karen Kingsbury writes very well with powerful plots,wonderful characters,and interesting crises about faith and family relationships. She's quite good at drawing characters that readers respond to emotionally,and her plots are entertaining as well as deeply Christian. I really have loved following the Baxter family story.
Sophia Park
I think that Karen Kingsbury books are awesome. They all have a really good story and tension that makes you want to keep reading. This is the second book to the Firstborn Series and I like them a lot. Can't wait to finish them and go on to another series...haha:) I haven't mentioned this in the other review, but these books are Christian which also makes me read to know more about Christian life... At first I just really thought these books were only for adults, but they are really good and I e ...more
Tammy
I love Karen Kingsbury books and this Series is NO Exception!!! They always make you think about the different situations the family is going through and how they handle them with the help of our Gracious God. They know no matter the situation that GOD is always right there beside you. It doesn't matter if you have strayed away from him in the past, All You Have To Do Is Ask For His Forgiveness and He Will Be There When You Need Him... ALWAYS!!! I Love Him So Much
Ruth
All right, all right...I know how dumb it is to rate a first book in a series as 1 star and then go on to read the next. What can I say? The second book happened to be on the new books at the library so I decided to give it another shot. I have to say that I'm not impressed with the writing in this series (the first I've read by Kingsbury). The characters, scenarios and conversations just don't ring true at all...
Julie
Another fulfilling story. Sometimes the 2nd or greater in a series disappoints. Not this one. Just as wonderful as the first book in the Firstborn Series. The characters continue to unveil pieces of themselves to the reader. They could be your neighbors, friends or family. So glad the author fills in all the extras. I look forward the rest of the series. So many story lines to wonder about.
Natasja
Ooh wat ben ik blij dat zo toch heel langzaam de familie Baxter er weer is.
Geweldige opvolger van Beroemd maar ook zeker van de Baxterserie.
Je zit ook meteen weer in het verhaal of je er nooit uit geweest bent,en mijn favoriete personage Aslhey komt weer heerlijk aan bod.
Nu is het even wachten weer op de volgende deel "gevonden".
Ik heb er weer van genoten.
Brooke
As always this book, like the ones before it, was awesome! Not much more to say. Im glad things turned out the way they did with Jeremy...really puts things we see on the news and in newspapers into perspective. We dont always know the whole story and God would rather us love ther person, pray for them and not be judgemental and harbor ill will.
Brenda
Despite being a little annoyed with the writing style (ever chapter ends with a dun dun dun sentence), I find myself getting sucked into the story and wanting to pick up the next in the series as soon as I finish.
Christy Frye
This whole series is excellent! I can't put her books down.
Kristine
Dayne Matthews finds forgiveness in God and his priorities change.
Michelle
I loved the entire series!
Angie
Another A+ for Karen!!!
Jodi
This was a sad story about a tragic death of two young children. Katy Hart was in charge of putting on a stage performance of Annie. She was doing tryouts and two families decided to go for ice cream after tryouts. One mother took four children for ice cream. A young kid crossed the center line and there was a head on collison. In the end two small children died, one from each family. The young performers at first were very angry and wanted revenge. Katy went to the jail and learned more about t ...more
Tamara
FORGIVEN, the second book in the Firstborn series definitely had the Karen Kingsbury spark I remember from books gone by.

Dayne Matthews, Hollywood heartthrob finds himself in a no win situation. His feelings for Katy Hart, a director of Christian children’s theater, go beyond infatuation. But he knows with the playboy label he’s been given by the press, to allow his connection to Katy to surface, would only ruin her reputation. It is because of his love for her, that he has no choice but to keep
Britni
The Firstborn Series is the series that follows those ones. I don't know which ones I liked more as they are are similar but different. While the Redemption Series follows a normal small-town family through their daily life, the Firstborn Series follows a famous movie star and his struggle to live the small-town family life. I devoured both sets of books quickly and luckily was able to pick up all but one of the books on PaperBackSwap. So I guess I won't choose my favorite, just say that I loved ...more
Brenda
Enjoyed this book but definately recommend reading the Fame book in the series first. My library didn't have Fame, so I started with this book. While I was able to figure things out pretty quickly, there's alot of things that happened in the first book that are not fully explained in the second.. Overall, this was a very good book that focuses on forgiveness on multiple levels - forgiving oneself, forgiving those who wrong us, and forgiving those who commit a huge wrong in society. Kingsbury doe ...more
Nancy
I got this book at a yard sale for 50 cents. Then I realized it was the second in a series so I got the first one at a library. Kinda cheesy romantic plot in the first one (see my review) continues into the second with more drama adding in with the discovery of the movie stay Dayne knowing his true idenity and then the family not knowing . The writing style goes into each character's side of the story which I like. I read knowing it is a bit predictable and cheesy but it is still intriguing. I ...more
Brenda Gough
I skipped over a lot of the book and mostly just focused on Dayne and Katy. It was a long and drawn out series. Katy's inner dialogue was aggravating. I appreciate the Christian messages, but there was so much repetition that I got annoyed.
Amber Tipton
I just finished this book and I loved it!! I am so wrapped up in Dayne and Katy that it is hard for me to put the book down.... But, the best part about Karen's books, there is all these other side stories that play into the story and it's impossible to not become enthralled with them as well. Chapter 29 was so hard for me to get through! My advice is to have tissues on hand. I feel like this book spoke directly to my heart. I struggle with forgiveness sometimes and, even though I am getting bet ...more
Havebooks Willread
I'm just not loving this series, but it's easy reading and that's the sort of season I'm in. I also just want the adoption reunion which she's draaaaggggggggging out.
Leah
Was kind of boring and since I didn't have the full back story from reading the 1st book in the series I was hard to commit to the characters.
Kim Justice
Apr 25, 2013 Kim Justice rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kim by: no one
Shelves: reviewed
I listen to this book on the way back down south after I listened to Fame, the first in this amazing series. Enjoyed them both. But Forgiven was better as far as the volume and sound all the way around. The narrator, Sandra Burr, has an amazing voice to listen to.

Author Karen Kingsbury is One Terrifically Awesome author! I am honestly and completely a fan that can not get enough. I have several books in the waiting to be started soon.

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Bekah
This book was SO good! Review coming soon!
Van
I'm going to be honest here, this book really didn't spark my interest until when I got near the end because of the way it continuously dramatizes things.
and that is by doing this.
I dunno, I don't find it more dramatizing when the author did that, I got really annoyed when I saw her continually press enter to add a line to dramatize it all. But all in all, if you get past that, it's a really good book. I was crying near the end ^^
Dora Okeyo
I bought this book hoping to learn more about Dayne and whether his relationship with Kathy does take root-but I was disappointed that it didn't and he had to get back to his Hollywood life-even though he clearly loves Kathy.
It is a beautiful story that would have been told in one book-but I guess the characters all grow and yearn for different things that the Author had to make it a series.
Nicole
Although I am not a Christian, I do enjoy the spirituality in these books. I've only read the Redemption and (so far 2) Firstborn series by this author, but am 'desperately' waiting for the next books in the series to arrive on my doorstep.

Karen Kingsbury writes emotional stories that tug at the heart and make you look at life in a different light.

Very enjoyable!

Ruth
This series focuses on a famous movie star named Dayne, and Katy, a small town director of children's plays from Bloomington, Indiana. The two meet by chance, and develop their relationship from there. Since there will be five books in this series, Kingsbury takes her time and fully develops these characters until you feel as if you would recognize them on the street.
Kim Holdiman
Love Karen Kingsbury! Everything she writes touches my heart. There's always love and family issues that need resolution. God is always the center of that resolution. She has a way of sharing scripture that brings it to a new light for me. I just plain feel good when I read her books. They are an easy read...a curl up in your favorite chair and just enjoy!
  • The Rescuer (O'Malley #6)
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)
  • Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Triology, #1)
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)