Start by marking “Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology 2000 Edition (Hardcover)” as Want to Read:
Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology 2000 Edition (Hardcover)

Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology 2000 Edition (Hardcover)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  22 reviews
For over 60 years, Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology has been the textbook of choice for cosmetology education. Used in 48 countries and developed in 5 languages, Milady's Standard is recognized as the undisputed industry leader and primary source of the most current and comprehensive cosmetology education available for cosmetology students. This newly revised edit ...more
Published April 21st 1999 by Milady (first published 1991)

Be the first to ask a question about Milady's Standard Textbook of Cosmetology 2000 Edition

I'm finished with my cosmetology bookwork!!!!!

Started cosmetology school Jan. 2011, and I'll be reading this book until Graduation in April/May 2012!

Currently studying: Hair Removal --Last Chapter in the book I have to do!!!!!!

Wigs & Extensions
Chemical Texture Services
Perms & Relaxers
Electricity & Chemistry
Infection Control
Alan Culler
Well, it's the authoritative text, but I find it to be flat and lacking as far as design theory. It leaves much to be desired, but then again, all the other students call me an overachiever. I guess it's suitable for the average beauty school dropout.
It has a lot of information, but didn't give me information I was looking for. Tries to cover everything, but it does so at the expense of depth.
For school.
This book was written by different authors and you could tell they didn't agree on everything. It had some opinions for definitions too, instead of just plain facts; but I had to read it for school (to pass my state boards that is).
A very informative book for both the beginner and intermediate student. Even if you are not a professional, this book will still give you plenty of tips that you can incorporate into your daily routine.
Michelle Young
Didn't really teach me anything new...just basics that I've gathered from too many years of reading women's magazines and makeup books. Disappointing!
Taught me everything I needed to know to pass my cosmetology and my teacher helped a lot too!!!
This is just the basics of cosmetology, and for that it's pretty good, though a little unclear in places.
this is the worst book i have ever been forced to read. HAHAHAHAHA
Jeryl Dildine
Alot so far. More to go. Right now I am studding nails.
Anna Murdoch
This is what I'm currently studying, I love it.
Rinoza Abdulla
Its a best book for beautician
Read during cosmotology school.
good for my cosmetology class
needed it for clas.good book
Got me through Cosmetology ;)
nothing mothe fu
it is good :)
Dahlia Williams
Dahlia Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Tuoi P
Tuoi P marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Susanna Salmenkannas
Susanna Salmenkannas marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Meghan Mabe
Meghan Mabe is currently reading it
Nov 05, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
The Milady 2012 Edition 1 9 Jan 30, 2012 02:35PM
  • Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step-by-Step Techniques
  • Milady Standard Cosmetology
  • The Art of Makeup
  • Poetry as Survival
  • Yoga for Anxiety: Meditations and Practices for Calming the Body and Mind
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Kevyn Aucoin, a Beautiful Life: The Success, Struggles, and Beauty Secrets of a Legendary Makeup Artist
  • The Sex Bible: The Complete Guide to Sexual Love
  • Toronto Noir
  • قصص من سومرست موم
  • The Calculus Lifesaver: All the Tools You Need to Excel at Calculus
  • Stories of the Pilgrims
  • Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Thumb Index))