Otto Has a Birthday Party

Otto Has a Birthday Party

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  9 reviews
There is a problem with the cake Otto the dog makes for his birthday party, but he and his friends have a good time anyway.
Published April 28th 2004 by Little, Brown Young Readers

Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library last week. My son is a big fan of Todd Parr books; I am not. I'm rating it for my son.

Todd Parr's books are simple and silly -- absolutely perfect for a five-year-old boy. And my five-year-old boy spent a lot of time laughing at the book.

The illustrations are bright and colorful and look as if they have been drawn by a five-year-old boy. That is their charm, I get that, but I just don't especially like them. Again, however, my son does....more
Evan
I liked it. They had a birthday except the cake went crazy and went all Kablooey. His friends came over and they played games they liked. He got underwear that was too shirt and a sweater that is too long. Otto got a tennis that was the right size.

He had his party inside his home.
Kimberly Whitney
Aug 06, 2008 Kimberly Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: children
My youngest children love Otto. This story of his birthday party is a favorite. We particularly love when Otto recieves underwear that is too small for a gift, and when his birthday cake explodes making a big stinky mess. We laugh and have fun with this book.
Courtney
Lots of laughs for the toddler and up crowd. I mean, come on... the cake blows up and he gets underwear for his birthday. Todd Parr, my daughter thinks you and Otto are hilarious!
Barbara
Todd Parr has something for every occasion. I sent this as a birthday present to a friend's daughter and she loved it!
Hilary
i didn't read any of his books as a child, only as an adult. i think they're pretty dynamic and really important.
Kristie
These bright, colorful pictures add to the fun of reading about a birthday party.
Kim
Pretty cute, simple book. I love Parr's bold illustrations and colors.
Erroll Treslan
My six year old daughter took great pride in reading this book to me tonight.
Ed
Ed added it
Jun 29, 2014
Todd Parr
Todd Parr marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Moni
Moni marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
It's Okay to Be Different The Family Book The Peace Book Reading Makes You Feel Good The Daddy Book