Start by marking “Otto Has a Birthday Party” as Want to Read:
Otto Has a Birthday Party
Preview

Otto Has a Birthday Party

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews
There is a problem with the cake Otto the dog makes for his birthday party, but he and his friends have a good time anyway.
Published April 28th 2004 by Little, Brown Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Otto Has a Birthday Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otto Has a Birthday Party

Russell
Otto sure knows how to throw a party. (view spoiler)
Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library last week. My son is a big fan of Todd Parr books; I am not. I'm rating it for my son.

Todd Parr's books are simple and silly -- absolutely perfect for a five-year-old boy. And my five-year-old boy spent a lot of time laughing at the book.

The illustrations are bright and colorful and look as if they have been drawn by a five-year-old boy. That is their charm, I get that, but I just don't especially like them. Again, however, my son does.
Evan
I liked it. They had a birthday except the cake went crazy and went all Kablooey. His friends came over and they played games they liked. He got underwear that was too shirt and a sweater that is too long. Otto got a tennis that was the right size.

He had his party inside his home.
Kimberly Whitney
Aug 06, 2008 Kimberly Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: children
My youngest children love Otto. This story of his birthday party is a favorite. We particularly love when Otto recieves underwear that is too small for a gift, and when his birthday cake explodes making a big stinky mess. We laugh and have fun with this book.
Courtney
Lots of laughs for the toddler and up crowd. I mean, come on... the cake blows up and he gets underwear for his birthday. Todd Parr, my daughter thinks you and Otto are hilarious!
Hannah Stachewicz
A very fun, quirky story that kids age 3+ will love!
Barbara
Todd Parr has something for every occasion. I sent this as a birthday present to a friend's daughter and she loved it!
Hilary
i didn't read any of his books as a child, only as an adult. i think they're pretty dynamic and really important.
Kristie
These bright, colorful pictures add to the fun of reading about a birthday party.
Kim
Pretty cute, simple book. I love Parr's bold illustrations and colors.
Erroll Treslan
My six year old daughter took great pride in reading this book to me tonight.
Jane Gibson
Jane Gibson is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2015
Kirsten Lansberry
Kirsten Lansberry marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Mal Clifford
Mal Clifford marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Chris Hupe
Chris Hupe marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Ramona
Ramona added it
Jul 24, 2014
Ed
Ed added it
Jun 29, 2014
Todd Parr
Todd Parr marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Moni
Moni marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
It's Okay to Be Different The Family Book The Peace Book Reading Makes You Feel Good The Daddy Book