Ex-Files

Ex-Files

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  557 ratings  ·  35 reviews
After five years spent maneuvering for Mr. Right, beautiful, feisty Faye Parker has finally snared a sensitive cutie named Mark. So when he pops the question, Faye is fully prepared to step out of the dating rat-race, call the caterer, and don the veil.

Just as soon as she has one last teensy-weensy little fling.

Then comes the dicey issue of the guest list. First there’s Na...more
Published May 1st 2006 (first published January 15th 2003)

Athena
This book took me FOREVER to read! I just couldn't get engrossed in it. But at the same time, I wanted to finish it. The plot and characters were interesting enough that they made me want to find out what happens. I suppose the problem was that the text was a bit dry. It flopped around between perspectives and jumped a bit in time. Instead of making me more interested in everyone, it made me disconnect from everyone. I knew just enough to slightly care about them, but not enough to really give a...more
Cristina
"there are no ugly women, only lazy ones!
that was step 1.
step 2: pretend you're endlessly fascinated by him.
step 3: don't talk about yourself too much and maintain an air of mistery.
step 4, when the relationship has developed a little: give a great blow-job."
Blodeuedd Finland
Sara Strand
This book was a really quick read and kind of fun. Was it fabulous? No. Was it super predictable but mildly entertaining? Yes. Actually- the description on the back of the book is misleading which is kind of weird because it's not what really happened, but that's ok. Luckily- I didn't read the back of the book until I had alerady started the book so that worked out.
For a chick-lit book I really expected more sex. Is that raunchy of me? I don't know- my chick-lit books have to have a little somet...more
Ceh
I simply loved this book. granted chick-lit is mostly all i have been reading for a while.
It is the first book by Jane Moore that i read,and shes definitely been added on mt list of authors tobfind books from.
The storyline was simple but the drama nothing but..... as soon as she met that guy at wine bar, i was rooting for him alrdy,until well i realized she was getting married.
This book was relatable and more reason why i gave it 4 stars. it had me laughing from the onset amd ofcourse rooting f...more
Sharal Hunter
I really liked this story! This is the first Jane Moore novel I've read and I laughed myself silly through quite a bit of the book. Though Faye comes across as a very shallow and selfish female, I found it hard to not like her. Of course, you had to know what was going to happen once Tony showed up in France, so that wasn't a surprise, but I was surprised she gave in as quickly as she did. Of course, if she had called Tony's bluff, who is to say how the story would have turned out. I also liked...more
Kristina Jo
I was going to give this book only two stars because it's an icky romance with slutty, two-timing behavior; but then I thought about it a little more, and realized that it deserved more than that because the characters grow into better people, who are both more aware of themselves and of others. So I gave it three instead. It's still an icky romance that ends in a neat little bow, but the sex bits were nearly non-existent/largely glossed over, which is always a plus, and as previously mentioned,...more
Letitia
Within the first chapter or two, it was pretty easy to see exactly where this book was going. I also put it down and forgot about it for three days when I was about 3/4 through, which is never a good sign. If you are going to the beach or are home sick and want something that does not require you to think, it's not that bad.
Paul
If you are going to read chick lit make it a book by a British author. This is a fun book that was like a how to for how not to pick a partner to marry and how to definitely not plan the the wedding. Yes it was predictable, but it was entertaining.
Laianna
Though overall this book was a satisfying twisty-turny romance, I did not really like the author's writing style. I know it's not her fault, but there were a lot of distracting typos and too often quotation marks were backwards or in the wrong place, blaringly wrong. Similarly, there is very little action in the book; it's a story told mostly through dialogue and flashbacks, and for me, I just wanted to *see* something, rather than have it told to me by every supporting character under the sun u...more
Christinnatalia
Baca buku ini sekitar kelas 2 SMA, waktu baru-baru pertama mengenal dunia chick lit..
Alexis
Faye's getting married in a week and almost sleeps with a man she met at the bar. The day before the wedding, she meets that man again -- he's her fiancé's brother! Then, to top it all off, the wedding is filled with exes from her and her husband-to-be.

Notes: From the get-go I didn't like Faye, but I'm glad that as the story progressed I started to warm up to her. I enjoyed this novel and liked how Jane Moore provided ample background on the characters. My final comments are that it would have b...more
Ashley (angelashly)
If I could do half stars this book would have 3.5. It was a good book. It was a quick read and I liked the writing style but it was very very predictible. From the first chapter I could pretty much guess the ending. I guess that is what I get for reading so many chick lit books.

That being said Faye is probably a character that many could relate to. A women who is in love with the wedding part of a marriage. In the end it worked out for all the characters and that makes me happy.
Vicky S
This book really surprised me. I love Jane Moore, and I really loved the way she wrote this one, back and forth in time, getting to know every character individually. About halfway through, I thought I knew exactly how it was going to end, but then I couldn't figure it out, and I found myself actually really sad when everything was unfolding. Moore did such a great job with this one.
I'm now speeding through a fun bit of fluff (published by Random House, in case anyone was wondering), by the same author (Jane Moore) who wrote Fourplay, which I read for the first time in London while studying abroad. Loved Fourplay, and am now loving The Ex Files.
Natalie
Ichie
Jane moore was a little bit sarcastic but I like it. And the most important thing that I drew from this novel was, how truthfull they are. I, too, sense the same panic and euphoria when got married
Maddie
Feb 20, 2010 Maddie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Light Reading
Not bad for Chick Lit, I actually enjoyed this one. The characters, and there are more than just the main 2, are very shallow and venial in the beginning but somewhat redeem themselves by the end.
Aprisa
i'm thinkin of inviting them, all in one place, at the same time.
i thought it would be a good idea.
This was a cute book about getting married to the right vs. the wrong person. Predictable but cute.
Jamie
I'm pretty sure i read this book before fourplay. that's why i picked it up, she's cute author.
Nona
I haven't finished yet. But the idea is extremely lunatic! I was thinking to do it also, hahaha
Dian
hm.. ceritanya udah lumayan ketebak sih,sapa bakal jadi ma sapa.. it's still fun though^^
Sheri Travers
Was looking for a quick read that would keep me interested and found it in this book!
Beth
I love this author. She is good for quick, romance reads whenever the mood strikes you.
Nicole
Quick read. I liked the story line. Would be a fun summer read.
Christine
Decent story...kinda predictable. Worth reading..
Kristina Chochova
For me this book was a little boring.. didn't like it...
Julia
Jun 24, 2007 Julia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: girlies
This book was good. Very funny and full of craziness.
Brenna
Favorite Jane Moore book that I've read thus far!
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Larger Than Life
  • Loose Screws
  • A Girl's Best Friend
  • Bombshell
  • Breakfast at Stephanie's
  • Society Girls
  • The Year Of Living Famously (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Botox Diaries
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Starting from Square Two
  • Younger
  • Does She or Doesn't She?
  • The Last Year Of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Love: A User's Guide: A Novel of Romance with Attitude