Start by marking “Duck Says Don't!. Alison Ritchie and Hannah George” as Want to Read:
Duck Says Don't!. Alison Ritchie and Hannah George

Duck Says Don't!. Alison Ritchie and Hannah George

Goose has gone on holiday and left Duck in charge of her pond. But Duck is a bit too enthusiastic. Soon Duck has put up signs everywhere. Diving is forbidden! No swimming. But then all his friends start leaving. Will bossy Duck learn his lesson before it's too late?
Published March 1st 2012 by Little Tiger Press

Be the first to ask a question about Duck Says Don't!. Alison Ritchie and Hannah George

Esther Grace Watts
Duck says don’t!
By Alison Ritchie and Hannah George

Goose has gone on holiday and left Duck in charge to look after her pond. Duck is a bit too enthusiastic about having been put in charge, “No splashing! … No fishing!” he quacks. He puts up signs everywhere which makes his friends angry and they begin to leave the pond to play in the meadow. He is sad that his friends have left, and after realising he has been a bossy duck and puts up new signs apologising and asking his friends, the dragonflies
CM
Oct 31, 2015 CM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I read this to my nephew at the library and a second kid wandered over to listen to the end. This is why I went ahead and gave it four stars instead of three because I believe a children's book should be judged by both child and adult, and they obviously enjoyed it. The illustrations were bright and included several 'hidden' details that encourage participation. The kids clearly understood the theme of the book, (A four-year-old could tell me how Duck was being mean, and why the others were upse
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
I feel like I read this one before or maybe I saw the F&G of it months ago. I don't know. Anyway, Duck wants quiet and with all of the other farm animals stopping by it is anything but quiet. When Duck finally gets his way, the quiet might not be exactly what he wants.
Karlie Bevan
I liked this book. It is funny and entertaining but it teaches children to respect others and treat people right.
Jennifer Parker
Aug 30, 2016 Jennifer Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute idea about not getting carried away otherwise you risk ending up by yourself. Even when you think your doing a great job helping a friend out... would read again.
Jen
Oct 03, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pb
I thought this book was super cute. It can teach kids about bossyness and responsibility. It is short enough for bedtime or a read aloud.
Tera
Tera rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Duane
Duane rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Chelsea
Dec 08, 2012 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Great for a bossy or rules storytime. Love the illustrations!
Danielle Mootz
Danielle Mootz rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Paul Lavery
Paul Lavery rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Madhu
Madhu rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
April
April rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2017
Amy Holley
Amy Holley rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2012
Steven Strothman
Steven Strothman rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Beverly
Sep 05, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
a very cute, bossy duck learns his lesson
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Jonny555
Jonny555 rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Siina
Siina rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Jane Young
Jane Young rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Imperfect Mommy
Imperfect Mommy rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Markie Jones
Markie Jones rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013