Start by marking “Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars, #2)

Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  1,448 Ratings  ·  144 Reviews
Sometimes it takes a stranger to see you as you really are.

Born and raised on sprawling Texas land, Margaret O’Brien prides herself on her competence as a rancher. But her father believes she’s made for more than just dawn-to-dusk work. He wants her to have the love of a good man, to raise children, to build a life. But Margaret gave up such dreams years ago. She’s convinc
Published January 28th 2013 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2013)

Sharon Chance
Feb 04, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing
"Safe In His Arms" is the second book in Colleen Coble's "Under Texas Stars" series, and it is charming continuation of the stories of the folks of Larson, Texas. In this story, readers get to know Margaret O'Brien, the best friend of Lucy Stanton from the previous book, "Blue Moon Promise."

I loved the character of Margaret. She is a strong, brave woman with opinions and ideas of her own, which was not alway well received back in the 1870s. She has a problem with her self-image - she doesn't fee
Melanie
Aug 24, 2012 Melanie marked it as to-read
The cover is SOOOOOO gorgeous! :D
Grace
Apr 26, 2013 Grace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fiction
I hate to be that person who says "She's done it again!", but it's true. I have yet to read one of Colleen Coble's books that does not move me in a profound way. Especially this one.
It took me less than twenty-four hours to devour this story. It never became boring. You know those spots that we sometimes skim over because they're just so uninteresting and we're craving some actual dialogue? There were no parts to be skimmed!
Laced with make-a-girl-squeal romance, brimming with suspense and tens
Lindsay Gassin
Nov 13, 2013 Lindsay Gassin rated it did not like it
A kidnapping, an attempted murder, a murder, a reunion with a wayward brother, a bank robbery, a tornado, a sprained ankle, another kidnapping, and a marriage proposal all in one day? Seriously?
Lisa Johnson
Jan 29, 2013 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars #2)
Author: Colleen Coble
Pages: 297
Year: 2013
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
This is the second novel in the Under Texas Stars series written by Colleen Coble. There are some characters from the first novel, Blue Moon Promise, who appear in this novel as a supporting cast. The story takes place in Larson, Texas, in the year 1879.
Daniel Cutler arrives at the Triple T ranch to take the job of foreman. He receives a cool reception from the ranch owner’s daughter.
Melissa
Feb 19, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I'm a sucker for Western historical fiction, there's no doubt about it. I love romances with cowboys -- always have! Even though I've not read the first book in Coble's Under Texas Stars series, as with many Christian fiction series, this book works well as a stand-alone read -- more so than many other series I've read, in fact. Coble's writing is engaging and easy to read, and in addition to the love story, there is a bit of mystery to this novel, as well.

I will admit this is one of those rare
Britney Wolfe
Margaret O’ Brien has lived on her father’s ranch her whole life. As an only child growing up without her mother, Margaret dedicates herself to work on the ranch. She often dresses in men’s clothing and doesn’t take time to make herself more feminine. Margaret struggles with feeling self-conscious of her red hair and being tall. When Margaret’s father makes the decision to hire on Daniel Cutler as the new foreman, Margaret is furious. Her father explains that he wants Margaret to get married an ...more
Vera Godley
Jan 19, 2013 Vera Godley rated it it was amazing
b>My thoughts: Ranch life in the 1800s was not easy for man or woman, married or single. Opening the pages of Safe In the Arms we find Margaret O'Brien who is helping her father run the ranch. Margaret's mother died when Margaret was young and she has not had much female inflluence in her life. Her life has been that of the rough riding ranch hand - but she is the daughter of the owner of the ranch. She has worked hard to help her father keep the ranch going and building it to enviable status ...more
Lindsey Silvestrini
Mar 08, 2013 Lindsey Silvestrini rated it really liked it
What woman hasn’t struggled with insecurity in their life? I know I have and still do! Safe in His Arms is a wonderful story about a girl named Margaret who experiences extreme insecurities because of her looks and because she is different from all the other women she knows. I could so relate to Margaret and her inner demons that she battled. The things that she thought defined her in a negative way were seen as positives by others.

In Safe in His Arms from the Under Texas Stars series, Colleen C
Christina
Jan 30, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble is one my favorite authors because she always keeps you on your toes and writes such amazing stories about people that you would love to meet and can truly identify with. Safe in His Arms was such a wonderful story about trust, forgiveness and acceptance. I so identified with Margaret and feeling like no one really saw her for who she was and having a difficult time accepting that God created her the way she was for a reason. She spent so much time comparing herself to others, that ...more
Cara Putman
Feb 10, 2013 Cara Putman rated it really liked it
Colleen Coble's latest book, Safe In His Arms, is a historical set in Texas. Maggie O'Brien doesn't fit anyone's image of what a woman should be. Yet Daniel Cutler thinks she's beautiful, something she just can't accept --especially when she's convinced he's a bank thief. This historical romance and mystery winds around the deep truth that God loves us unconditionally, a truth that can transform our lives if we let it.

This book has Coble's trade-mark characterization and a setting that can't be
Nicole
Jan 30, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read in a long time where the message of the story affected me as something I really needed to take to heart. I've really enjoyed this author, and loved this story. Very simple, sweet, and satisfying.
Rebecca Van Wagner
Nov 09, 2015 Rebecca Van Wagner rated it it was ok
Shelves: stopped-mid-way
The writing was stilted and a bit flat. I also couldn't get over how the male lead's following around and touching of the female lead after she told him not to was made to seem permissible and desirable. This reinforces the lack of boundaries in the broader culture.
Martha
I prefer stories with more depth. But it was a clean romance story :)
Angela
It was okay. I felt like I kept getting hit over the head with the same repetitive points of the plot or character traits.
Joy
Apr 06, 2013 Joy rated it it was ok
Really disappointed. Not as good as the first one in the series and the scenarios just seemed so overdone.
Steph
Feb 07, 2013 Steph rated it liked it
I've loved her other books, but this one just didn't do it for me.
Mary
Aug 09, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Good theme but found the story at times confusing. It reminded me of someone telling me about an incident but leaving out some important points to leave me dumbfounded.
Mary Beth
Jan 02, 2017 Mary Beth rated it really liked it
Born and raised on Texas land, Margaret O’Brien prides herself on her competence as a rancher. But her father believes she’s made for more than just dawn-to-dusk work. He wants her to have the love of a good man, to raise children, to build a life. But Margaret gave up such dreams years ago. She’s convinced no man would have her, that the ranch is her life now.
Ruth Jessen
May 28, 2017 Ruth Jessen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet second in the series

Rustlers, stampedes, old West gangs, retribution, and romance. This book has it all. I love watching Margaret finally realize it's ok to be who she is not who everyone expects her to be.
Megan
Mar 09, 2017 Megan rated it it was ok
This was just OK. Talk about bad luck with tornadoes and bad guys and doublecrossing bad guys. It was a little much to try to come off as realistic fiction.
Carmen
Jan 29, 2017 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Another great heartwarming romance.
Katrina
Mar 11, 2017 Katrina rated it liked it
Good, but a bit drawn out.
Andge (Down the Rabbit Hole)
Stuck on a bus for 12+ hours, Safe in His Arms quickly turned from a wondrous distraction to a novel that I just couldn't put down even when I should have used the time to sleep a little.

Following Margaret as our protagonist was initially hard to swallow as she wasn't portrayed as the nicest gals in the previous novel, Blue Moon Promise. However, under that tall and strong skin was a woman who thought she was unloveable, even to God, and only wished to gain others' approval, in particular her f
Janka H.
Dec 19, 2015 Janka H. rated it really liked it
Lovely historical fiction with a side of mystery!

This is a second volume of the series, but you can read the novel as standalone, too.

Margaret was never considered a beauty, or at least she hasnt experienced much admiration or romance in her life. Being half orphan and growing up with hard father, she takes pride in her ranch leading skills and position and using her fiery ways to hide her tender heart desiring love and safety. So when her father decides its a high time for his daughter to marr
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
I've been a huge western romance fan for almost as long as I've been able to truly love reading and whenever I find a great novel that has a strong woman character it makes it all the more enjoyable. In Colleen Coble's latest novel, Safe in His Arms, we are immediately immersed into the typical ranching lifestyle of Margaret O'Brien, the daughter of a Texas cattle rancher, that feels that it's high time for her to find a respectable husband and settle down to raise a family. Only Margaret is not ...more
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Margaret O'Brien has been raised in Texas on a ranch of all men with the exception of the woman that has worked for the family long before she was born. In fact the woman had been her mother's personal maid before she married her Margaret's father.

Margaret has been in charge of the ranch for some time and loved every minute of the work. She worked just as hard as any of the top ranch hands.

Margaret thinks herself to be awkward looking and plain therefore not likely to ever marry for love. Her
Victor Gentile
Jan 27, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble in her new book “Safe In His Arms” Book Two in the Under Texas Stars series published by Thomas Nelson takes us into the life of Margaret O’Brien.

From the back cover: Sometimes it takes a stranger to see you as you really are.

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
Look out, Larsen, Texas! Paddy O'Brien wants his daughter to start acting like a modern 19th Century lady and give up her branding iron and riding britches for frilly dresses and lace. Why? So she can find a worthy husband, of course. Easy ladies, his heart's in the right place, even if he is going about this all wrong. My first reaction was to bark out a laugh. After all, Margaret is her father's daughter. She won't make this easy.

To accomplish his goal, he's brought in a new foreman, one tall
Shirley Collier
Ok read

Ok. But not near as good as her others I've read...if this had been the first one I read. I probably wouldn't have gotten hooked on her books. Them I couldn't put down. This one took a while to finish; didn't hold my interest as much.
Sinopsis en Español 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 06:38AM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 01:40PM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 05:10PM
does any one know were u can win safe in his arms? 5 32 Jan 31, 2013 03:49PM
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • A Bride for All Seasons
  • The Message on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #3)
  • Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance #3)
  • Beloved (Where the Heart Lives, #3)
  • Lovelier Than Daylight (Saddler's Legacy, #3)
  • Choices of the Heart (The Midwives, #3)
  • A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2)
  • Love in the Balance (Ladies of Caldwell County, #2)
  • A Most Peculiar Circumstance (Ladies of Distinction, #2)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • The Icecutter's Daughter (Land of Shining Water, #1)
  • Trouble in Store
  • Sisters of Mercy Flats (Sisters of Mercy Flats #1)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • For Such a Time as This (Women of Hope #1)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Under Texas Stars (2 books)
  • Blue Moon Promise (Under Texas Stars, #1)

“Lucy was easy to trust. She was all heart.” 1 likes
“RITA finalist Colleen Coble is the author of several bestselling romantic suspense series, including the Mercy Falls series, the Lonestar” 1 likes