Start by marking “Science and the Afterlife Experience: Evidence for the Immortality of Consciousness” as Want to Read:

Reveals the evidence of life beyond death

• Examines 125 years of scientific research into reincarnation, apparitions, and communication with the dead showing these phenomena are real

• Reveals the existence of higher planes of consciousness where the souls of the dead can choose to advance or manifest once again on Earth

• Explains how these findings have been ignored and de
Published August 22nd 2012 by Inner Traditions

To ask other readers questions about Science and the Afterlife Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Science and the Afterlife Experience

James
Dec 22, 2014 James rated it liked it
Well, two late night existential, mortality crises later, and here I am. I have MANY thoughts on this book, and will have a fuller review later. For now, let me say this. He makes some good philosophical points. For one, skepticism implies doubt pending evidence, not absolute denial of phenomena we don't understand. His overall thrust is that scientific materialism as practiced today can be it's own form of fundamentalism, pre-disposed to denying any evidence that doesn't point to a soulless, ...more
John Corder
Dec 29, 2013 John Corder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science
I apologise for the time it has taken to produce this review.

I read this book as part of the research for my next Marcus Coaker novel. My intention was to make notes as I went along but found it impossible; I just had to keep reading. The scholarship in Mr Carter’s writing is admirable, which gives even greater weight to an already absorbing subject: Evidence of an afterlife.

As ever, Chris Carter avoids being subjective. The content is dense but you never get lost. One thing that stuck in my m
Chris
Jan 12, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it
Finally finished the trilogy. A fantastic book on the subject and puts Materialism in its place. A fine case for the Survival hypothesis; however, it doesn't have incontrovertible evidence. This is a book for believers and those who are on the fence. As for 'skeptics', or the fundamentalist materialists, we will have to wait for them to die out. Otherwise, for true skeptics, this trilogy will definitely give you something to think about. Four out of five stars, the writing style bored me.
Jill Jepson
Jill Jepson rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Darren
Darren rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Maricel Piercey
Maricel Piercey rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Kath Rowley
Kath Rowley rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Elias Abou-Rustom
Elias Abou-Rustom rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Cheryl Gill
Cheryl Gill rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
James Durham
James Durham rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Jpt
Jpt rated it it was amazing
Steve Garton
Steve Garton rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Lesliek
Lesliek rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
G.R.
G.R. rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Frances Galvan
Frances Galvan rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Maggi
Maggi rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Hollie Henke
Hollie Henke rated it it was amazing
Joe Gough
Joe Gough rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
John Mcgrew
John Mcgrew rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Devon
Devon rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Lee Michael
Lee Michael rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016