Start by marking “SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story” as Want to Read:
SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story

SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story

Put your pressure suit on and strap yourself in for a Mach 3 ride! Former SR-71 Wing Commander Rich Graham tells the amazing inside story of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. Graham provides a detailed look at the entire SR-71 story beginning with his application to be an SR pilot through commanding an entire wing.
Published July 7th 1996 by Zenith Press

To ask other readers questions about SR-71 Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SR-71 Revealed

Alex Yalen
Aug 03, 2010 Alex Yalen rated it liked it
Shelves: spooks
As it happens, I am doing research on this vehicle, and I found this first-person account of flying it to be generally useful. I wouldn't say it's the most dramatic or compelling read for people who aren't into aerial reconnoissance, but it is chock full of technical details and information that would otherwise be pretty hard to come by.
MMc14
Oct 24, 2016 MMc14 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book - some great anecdotes and stories. The author is obviously very passionate about this airplane and the men who flew and supported it.

I have read one other of Col. Graham's books, and I have another ready to go - I am looking forward to that one as well.
Ajay Sant
Dec 28, 2014 Ajay Sant rated it really liked it
An aircraft that flew faster then a rifle bullet!!!

Indeed a very detailed insights into one the best aircrafts ever to be designed and flown. In terms of uniqueness the aircrafts outperforms all be it the special titanium structure designed to withstand high temperatures of sustained supersonic flights to the very special JP-7 fuel. It was the worlds first stealth aircraft which still holds the all major speed and altitude records for air breathing aircrafts.

Must read for anyone interested in m
Christine
Oct 24, 2007 Christine rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: ex-military with egos the size of warcraft of choice
Shelves: gave-up-trying
An ex-co-worker lent me his copy, espousing that it was a really interesting read.

At the time, my reaction was, "This is some glorified egotrip of a person who thinks really well of himself just because he flew in a can that was top secret and superfast. And he thinks that the men (they were all male) who lived the fast life in their little group really lived great times."

I didn't get past the first few chapters, returned it, and when I was invited to attend a talk by the author (from same co-w
Norbert
Nov 22, 2010 Norbert rated it really liked it
(the english traslation of my review is below)
Le missioni dell'SR-71 viste da "dentro": la preparazione, i possibili problemi tecnici e molto altro.

Particolarmente interessante, secondo me, il capitolosulla decisione - puramente politica - di mettere a terra i Blackbird

The operations of the SR-71 seen "from the inside": planning, possible technical problems and the like.

I find expecially interesting the chapter about the political decision to ground the Blackbird fleet.
Randal
Randal rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2017
Cobrachen
Cobrachen rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
James Sinclair
James Sinclair rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Himanshu Sanehi
Himanshu Sanehi rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
Reinhardt
Reinhardt rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Jayvonier
Jayvonier rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Richard Kerby
Richard Kerby rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Dameon Hansen
Dameon Hansen rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Stefan
Stefan rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
stephen routliffe
stephen routliffe rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Tanvi Prakash
Tanvi Prakash rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
John Allen
John Allen rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Dan Allen
Dan Allen rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Dhaval Panchal
Dhaval Panchal rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Matt Bruning
Matt Bruning rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Tim Stebbins
Tim Stebbins rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Kristian
Kristian rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2011
Jameson Ault
Jameson Ault rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
D E
D E rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Alan McClain
Alan McClain rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Matt Tracy
Matt Tracy rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Colonel (ret) Richard Graham is the author of three books on the SR-71 Blackbird. He flew this aircraft for seven years and ended up with 756 hours in its cockpit, which makes him the perfect author to write about this Mach 3+ jet. Below is his biography.

Col. Richard Graham graduated from the University of Akron, Akron, Ohio in 1964. He received a master's degree in Sociology in 1977 and in Publi
More about Richard H. Graham...