Start by marking “SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story” as Want to Read:
SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story

SR-71 Revealed: The Inside Story

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Put your pressure suit on and strap yourself in for a Mach 3 ride! Former SR-71 Wing Commander Rich Graham tells the amazing inside story of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. Graham provides a detailed look at the entire SR-71 story beginning with his application to be an SR pilot through commanding an entire wing.
Published July 7th 1996 by Zenith Press

To ask other readers questions about SR-71 Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SR-71 Revealed

Alex Yalen
As it happens, I am doing research on this vehicle, and I found this first-person account of flying it to be generally useful. I wouldn't say it's the most dramatic or compelling read for people who aren't into aerial reconnoissance, but it is chock full of technical details and information that would otherwise be pretty hard to come by.
Ajay Sant
An aircraft that flew faster then a rifle bullet!!!

Indeed a very detailed insights into one the best aircrafts ever to be designed and flown. In terms of uniqueness the aircrafts outperforms all be it the special titanium structure designed to withstand high temperatures of sustained supersonic flights to the very special JP-7 fuel. It was the worlds first stealth aircraft which still holds the all major speed and altitude records for air breathing aircrafts.

Must read for anyone interested in m
Christine
Oct 24, 2007 Christine rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ex-military with egos the size of warcraft of choice
Shelves: gave-up-trying
An ex-co-worker lent me his copy, espousing that it was a really interesting read.

At the time, my reaction was, "This is some glorified egotrip of a person who thinks really well of himself just because he flew in a can that was top secret and superfast. And he thinks that the men (they were all male) who lived the fast life in their little group really lived great times."

I didn't get past the first few chapters, returned it, and when I was invited to attend a talk by the author (from same co-w
Norbert
(the english traslation of my review is below)
Le missioni dell'SR-71 viste da "dentro": la preparazione, i possibili problemi tecnici e molto altro.

Particolarmente interessante, secondo me, il capitolosulla decisione - puramente politica - di mettere a terra i Blackbird

The operations of the SR-71 seen "from the inside": planning, possible technical problems and the like.

I find expecially interesting the chapter about the political decision to ground the Blackbird fleet.
Robert
Robert is currently reading it
May 04, 2015
Derek
Derek marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
John
John added it
Feb 28, 2015
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
George
George marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Xcmac
Xcmac marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Len Ewen
Len Ewen marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Velio Spiga
Velio Spiga marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Gary Khangura
Gary Khangura marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Simon Pickering
Simon Pickering marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Colonel (ret) Richard Graham is the author of three books on the SR-71 Blackbird. He flew this aircraft for seven years and ended up with 756 hours in its cockpit, which makes him the perfect author to write about this Mach 3+ jet. Below is his biography.

Col. Richard Graham graduated from the University of Akron, Akron, Ohio in 1964. He received a master's degree in Sociology in 1977 and in Publi
More about Richard H. Graham...
Flying the SR-71 Blackbird: In the Cockpit on a Secret Operational Mission SR-71 SR-71: The Complete Illustrated History of the Blackbird, The World's Highest, Fastest Plane SR-71 Blackbird:  Stories, Tales and Legends