Start by marking “Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #1)

Armed and Fabulous (Lexi Graves Mysteries #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  3,303 ratings  ·  279 reviews
All Lexi wants to do is get through the day at her boring temp job with Green Hand Insurance. That’s until she discovers the vice president, Martin Dean, in a pool of blood and herself at the center of an investigation into insurance fraud.

Millions of dollars are missing, the chief suspect is dead and her mysterious, sexy, new boss is not what he seems.

Recruited by the joi
Published May 15th 2012 by Audacious (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Armed and Fabulous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armed and Fabulous

Lyndi
This is just a mess. A ridiculous mess.

Lexi is a moron. She's supposed to be incredibly smart, but she keeps trying to get herself killed. She's supposed to not draw attention to herself, but proceeds to do just that. Over and over.

While she's trying to get herself killed, she's also supposed to be planning her older sister's baby shower. But her sister kinda hates her and Lexi feels the same. So why she was asked to plan the shower in the first place, I don't know. But the side plot of this bab
Melissa Levine
Right off I have to comment on the fact that this book reminded me of the characters from Janet Evanovich's series, Stephanie Plum.

Stephanie: big family, works for bail bonding company but does detective work, ends up dating Joe the cop, while also being attracted to the quiet, mysterious, unknown guy, Ranger (spanish). No one knows who he really is, where he comes from...in the end (of whatever book it was) he asks Stephanie to come work for him at his detective agency. Who also drives fancy bl
Victoria Limbert
Simply the easiest FIVE stars I have given in a while. Everyone should read this. The standard of writing/editing surpasses many of my recent reads and I was fully thrown in to Lexi's character, the plot and the two hunky men she can barely choose between.

Lexi is sassy, smart and unique. She chooses a boring temping job over a career she could easily have with her brains, wits, looks and ambitions. Still, her life is plunged in to darkness and danger and crime when she discovers her boss's dead
Rose
This was a fun read.

I loved Lexi and Lily. And Lexi's (protective) brothers. And Maddox. I couldn't find anything to love about Solomon because you don't know anything about him (yet).

The only thing that annoyed me was the telling-not-showing at the end which was kind of epilogue-ish and bothered me because this is a series. (view spoiler)
Kjen
4 Easy Stars...Cute, light, and funny...but not boring. I'll probably read the series, because I'm already team Solomon and like my chances;) Excellent side characters and good continuing story line potential have me looking forward to book 2.
Trish
Wow! A free ebook that was well worth the time to read and left me feeling guilty that I needed to send the author something. I did ... ordered the next book in the series! Lexi Graves appears to like being an oxymoron -- a smart blonde. Working as a temp she does just enough work to get by and get paid, but she pays attention and knows more than she lets on. I enjoyed this introduction into a mystery series and was surprised at how well-written and easy to read it was. Wish all my kindle freebi ...more
Catherine
This was so unrealistic and irritating to read. The main character felt the need to mention her blonde hair, her body, and her intelligence on almost every page. The "romance" had no substance.
Martin Landry
I got this ebook as a recommendation based on other ebooks I've enjoyed, and at first I was somewhat annoyed; in the beginning of the book, Lexi seems to be a vacuous and stereotypically dumb blonde, and I came close to dropping it. Lexi spends more time being a dumb blonde than an investigator, and the dialogue is quite painful at times. As I read on, however, I found the plot development interesting, enough to hang on until the end. While the antagonist became the prime suspect in my mind quit ...more
Sakina
This book was a Disappointment
Having read the High Heels series I was interested in checking some more chick-flick spy books and I came across this. The cover is good enough and the description caught my attention. As I have been reading quite a few paranormal and fantasy novels, I thought of reading something light and regarding chick-flick. So I thought of reading this. And it was a waste of time.

I had already suspected who the killer was by the 5th chapter and before half of the book got com
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
First things first - I've heard tons of negative comments about this series. Why? Simply because some people feel that it is TOO much like the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. Since I am one that has read the ENTIRE series so far, I can say with certainty that Chafer has written very original characters with their own fascinating stories & plot lines. While I can see why there may be some comparison - it pretty much ends with her being conflicted a guy. Seriously though; name one ti ...more
Tammy
This story got off to a shaky start for me. I caught a storyline inconsistency early on and because I am OCD it really bothered me.
I had to put the book down for several days before picking it back up. Once I got past that issue I ran into some problems with the silliness of the main characters actions .She would repeatedly go off on her own and “ investigate” which I didn’t care for. However…Once I started to get a feel for the character .I started to find her actions endearing. Go figure..
I l
Rimpy
I enjoyed this book a lot.
If you're a Castle/Beckett fan, you'd like this one too.
I hope to catch more glimpses of Solomon though.
Well, next book is definitely in cue.

Sorry for the short review, but I'm just so busy with the finals that I can't really sit down for a few minutes and write a normal review.
So, four stars for this one!

I promise to elaborate more on the next book I read!
Caroline
This seemed to be a take off Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. We have Lexi Graves, a smart, sassy and sexy woman who just happens to find the CEO of the company she temps at dead. She has a sexy looking boss who turns out to be an undercover detective and being somewhat inquisitive in nature but in a fun and entertaining way, she starts investigating the murder together with her friend and neighbor, Lily. Like Stephanie Plum, she finds herself attracted to and attracting 2 smoldering hu ...more
Melissa (Reviews In A Pinch)
First, this is in no way related to the Sandra Bullock stinker of a sequel, which works in its favor. This is more of a cutesy mystery versus the hardcore mysteries by James Patterson or Michael Crichton, but still good. The main character, Lexi Graves, is interesting to follow and you really understand her boredom with her job. Before you even get to the end, you’re rooting for Lexi to solve the mysteries that have fallen into her lap. There is an element of romance (love triangle, of course), ...more
Sue Williams
I was really enjoying this and was on track to give it four stars until the last thirty or so pages. Could it have smacked any more of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series in the last thirty or so pages?

Solomon - who no one really knows where he is from, who he works for, has sexiness off the charts - see Evanovich's Ranger.

Maddox - more of a family man, charming, sexy, wants to date - see Evanovich's Morelli.

Let alone the whole Lexi is now going to work for Solomon thing, much to the chagrin
Rosie
I just finished this book and it was fine. It's one of those light fun reads. Was it realistic? Of course not! But sometimes readers need a fun entertaining read to take the drama out of reading. I get so caught up when I'm reading a really good book that I forget about light reads. I read a lot, so this book added balance to my reading world. Think about it this way, after reading Gone Girl, the reader needs a breather because that book was so intense. In comes Armed and Fabulous...

I haven't r
Calvert County
A fun chik-lit quick read with a mix of action, adventure, and a little romance. The main character, Lexi Graves, is an attractive and smart underachiever who has yet to find her calling in life. Caught up in an office murder and embezzlement scheme, she puts her attributes to work and begins to piece together the case. All the while facing serious dilemmas about which hot detective should garner her attention and the devastation of having to die her precious blond hair back to a mousy brown.

Rea
Kristen
Don't judge! Free on iBooks and fairly entertaining. Silly and predictable though. It could easily be made into a series on USA network.
Ayanami Faerudo
I didn't expect that. Armed and Fabulous was funny, intriguing, sexy and featured one hell of an independent woman who's smart and not at all sorry about her checking out someone's butt. Brave, too. Well, that last thing may have come from being a part of a family which produced nineteen cops so far and she's well into being one, sort of, more of a PI, I guess.

(view spoiler)
Sirammaris
After the ditzy beginning things pick up and it's a light and fun read. At first I put the book down in disgust after only a few pages. Months later, I decided to give it another chance and now I've inhaled the entire series in just a few days.

For the record: I like Lexi better than Stephanie Plum. She's more resourceful and marginally more credible as an investigator.

Only complaint: Chafer has some colourful figures of speech ("he looks like a bulldog chewing on nettles"), but recycles them fr
Sheila Carsins
Fast-Paced Fun Mystery!

I thoroughly enjoyed this new mystery novel. The main characters were well-rounded, likeable, and fun-loving. The plot was exciting, intriguing, and planned carefully, and at the same time it kept me guessing about how each of the potential romances would or could play out, while trying to solve the mystery. I guess that I'll have to read the next book in the series to satisfy my curiosity about what new surprises are planned in the future. Fun, fun, fun! Great read! I loo
Erinw
I liked this book, but was somewhat bothered by its similarities to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. The three main characters could be taken straight from the Stephanie Plum stories - bumbling, yet successful female; sexy, brown skinned mystery man who saves female from her perils and sexy cop who tries to keep her out of trouble. The mystery itself was better written and more probable than Janet Evanovich, but it wasn't as funny.

If you like Stephanie Plum, you will like this also. I definitel
Jessica Uzzo
I have to say after a rocky start I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. I was also surprised at how incredibly similar this book is to the stephanie plum series. Sweet but slightly clueless heroine? Check. Mother who is constantly on her case about grandkids? Check. Father who just wants to be away from the whole mess? Check. Older sister who has always been the perfect one but has a marriage falling apart now? Check. Entertaining but completely inept sidekick? Check. Heroine an ...more
Shirley Ford
I am embarrassed to say that this book has been sitting on my Kindle for almost eighteen months! Every time I went to read it, my attention was drawn to something better (not always so as it happens!) and it got pushed to the back of the queue. I have finally got around to reading it and although it is not brilliant, it is funny, entertaining and easy to read.

The story revolves around Lexi, a bored temp working in an Insurance Company. Bored that is until she discovers the vice president of the
Kelly ~Bibliophile~
Very fun read. Its not groundbreaking by any means but it was still very good and at times, pretty funny. I wish they would flesh out the characters a little more but its still a good read.

Lexi Graves is a good accidental heroine. She isn't a kick butt, gun toting, slur slinging woman dressed in leathers and a motorcycle but she still gets the job done... in better shoes.
She DOES get a little irritating throughout the series sometimes because she is so obsessed with her and others looks and I s
Sarah Richards
I scanned the many reviews this author/book has received and I can tell you it is NOTHING like Evanovich's writing. I have read Evanovich on my sister's recommendation and felt like it was a chore of sisterly obligation I found more odious with every page filled with shallow characters and pointless plots.

I am a Who-Dunnit addict and it took me until I was over 3/4 of the book to pin-point with accuracy the villain. Normally I make my predictions after the first four chapters. Because he is cont
Turtles
I found this book through Amazon recommendations, they actually recommended the 2nd book but I wisely started with the first book. I really liked this! The author writes a hugely refreshing modern novel. So many mysteries seem to be written by the the tech savvy-less or someone who doesn't necessarily translate well to my generation. Now, I'm sure the Kardasian jokes and computer stuff will be obsolete in a few years, while a gentler mystery will blur/blend in better... it was still damn nice to ...more
Cheryl Rhodes
Lexi Graves: Armed and Fabulous is a great read but I'm not quite sure how I would categorize it. Perhaps a chick lit cozy mystery.

Lexi Graves is a temp working in the administrative building of an insurance company doing filing, writing reports, doing research, helping out with typing. The type of stuff that other staff members shove off on a temp. One night she gets carried away with her research in the basement library and doesn't keep track of time, returning upstairs when everyone has left
Amanda
This was a freebie on Amazon and was suggested because I’ve read Gemma Halliday’s High Heel Murder Mysteries Series and I’m glad I downloaded it because it was such a fun read.
You first meet Lexi at her temp job with Green Hand Insurance where she accidently sends her Victoria Secret shopping cart to her hunky boss’s printer when he asks for her most recent report. She spends the rest of the afternoon hiding in the research library working on a report and when she comes back into the office she
  • No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1)
  • Absolute Liability (A Southern Fraud Thriller, #1)
  • Whiskey for Breakfast (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #3)
  • Loose Screw (Dusty Deals Mystery #1)
  • Color Me Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #1)
  • No Such Thing As A Free Ride (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #4)
  • A Done Deal (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #5)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery #2)
  • Fearless in High Heels (High Heels, #6)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6)
  • Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #1)
Hi! I'm an author of fiction and non-fiction. I'm also a freelance journalist and have written for newspapers, magazines and websites throughout the world. I'm so jet set (not).
More about Camilla Chafer...

Lexi Graves Mysteries (7 books)
  • Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
  • Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • Laugh or Death (Lexi Graves Mystery, #6)
  • Kissing in Action (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #7)
Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2) Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3) Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4) Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather, #1) Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)

“But...was he flirting?
Hmm.
Not sure what I thought of that. A nice office flirt did make the day go faster, but Adam was my boss, not to mention an annoying one, and I was nothing if not professional.
Snort. Yeah. That made me laugh too.”
1 likes