Start by marking “Witchblade Rebirth Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Witchblade Rebirth Volume 1

Witchblade Rebirth Volume 1 (Witchblade Rebirth #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In the wake of Top Cow's Rebirth, Sara Pezzini has relocated from New York to Chicago and struggles to adapt to being a private detective. Pezzini quickly discovers that a change of scenery and occupation hasn't changed one thing... the Witchblade is still a magnet for the supernatural Quickly drawn into a conflict between two mystical gangs, she must once again balance he ...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Top Cow Universe (first published May 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Witchblade Rebirth Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witchblade Rebirth Volume 1

Kathryn
Gods above, what the drokk?

Witchblade is a comic about a woman who has a magic weapon thingy that almost completely unclothes her when she fully activates it, but otherwise it just looks kinda awesome. The problem is that whilst the concept is mostly awesome, the execution is absolutely terrible.

Let's start on the bigger problem - the art. It has little continuity, it is sexist and it is pretty average anyway. Women tend to come in two forms in this volume - Relatively slim with wide hips and la
Stefan Fergus
Leaning slightly towards 3.5*, but like the mythology and overall story. Stylised art is clean and good throughout. Looking forward to reading book 2.
Matt Hawkins
New arc by Tim Seeley and Diego Bernard great stuff.
Angela
I’ve always had a love/indifference relationship with Witchblade. I will adore it for a few arcs, then I will lose all interest in it. I was really hoping that the new Top Cow Universe would rekindle that love for the series, but the first “Reborn” arc was underwhelming. Do’t get me wrong, it’s a neat concept: taking Sara out of New York and having her deal with corrupted, bastardized versions of her own power and that of the Darkness, but this arc just never drew me in. There are places where t ...more
Jason
I haven't read any Witchblade since the 90s. This Rebirth Vol 1 was on sale at my local comic shop, so I thumbed through it and thought I'd give it a try. I was already very familiar with The Darkness series, and the "Rebirth" happening in that series, so it was a bonus that it all tied in a bit between the series. Anyway, this was in fact a great place to start for me. The premise doesn't really require that you come to the book with any background, although it surely helps. This is not a perfe ...more
Elgalla
I used to read Witchblade some time ago but stopped when Danielle came on board. But after learning that TopCow was rebooting the Artifacts series, I thought I'd give it a try once more. The story was good and looks quite promising as a larger arc and the artwork was fine. I wasn't too thrilled with the writing and dialogues, though. Overall, it's a good start for someone who hasn't read anything from the previous series.
Paul Porry
I´ve enjoyed Witchblade since it begam in 95, and it remains as fresh today. A bad ass character who is a positive female role model, this is a func comic.
Curtis Hempler
This is a great new start for Witchblade... I look forward to seeing whaere Seely takes the story from here. Unfortunately, Neither the writing nor art quite measure up to the standard set by Marz and Sejic, but I enjoyed tge story, and I love the new Chicago setting, and the fact that Pezinni is now not a cop, but a lowly PI.
Tessa
mostly made sense, even to someone like me who knew nothing about Witchblade. My attention was held but constantly distracted trying to figure out how tall Sara was supposed to me. Her body doesn't seem to keep its proportions in relation to her environment. And then there's the coven of witches with no nipples.
John Yelverton
More wonderful stories about the police officer with the most ancient and powerful weapon known to womankind.
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Gabbie
Gabbie marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Daniel Horsburgh
Daniel Horsburgh marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
David
David added it
Aug 18, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tim Seeley is a comic book artist and writer known for his work on books such as G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Dark Elf Trilogy, Batman Eternal and Grayson. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics titles Hack/Slash[1] and Revival, as well as the Dark Horse titles, ExSanguine and Sundowners. He lives in Chicago.
More about Tim Seeley...
Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It Hack/Slash Omnibus Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2