Amelia Bedelia 50th Anniversary Library

Amelia Bedelia 50th Anniversary Library

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Everyone's favorite literal-minded housekeeper, Amelia Bedelia, celebrates her 40th Anniversary in a three-book I Can Read box set.
Published December 26th 2012 by Greenwillow Books (first published August 1st 2003)

Margaret
My edition is the 50th Anniversary Library.

Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish

I read the snippet version of Amelia Bedelia in the The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury: Celebrated Picture Books and Stories to Read Aloud. It's been so long since I read it that I forgot about the pie, (how is that possible?) but now it brings so much more meaning to the young Amelia Bedelia's books. Love it all.

My favorite I Can Read! books are the one's that take a great children's book and put it into the I Can Read! format. That is what we...more
Emily Bernd
Funny cute stories! I like how they are a apart of the "I can read" books!
Aimee
I read EVERY SINGLE one of these books. I thought they were hilarious. I started reading them in 1st grade until 3rd grade. I gave my Godchild copies of almost all of these books because I thought these books rocked! Peggy Parish (the author) and Judy Blume were my favorite kid authors.
Blake
Aug 02, 2008 Blake rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: youth
Ok I couldnt find the original book which was written in 1963 which I did read. But heck this 40 anniversary edition may be same.

this book may have sparked the "imagination" in me.
Plainfield Public Library District
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kristen
I love Amelia Bedelia! This is a great book for getting young readers interested in reading. Kelsey and Katie laugh their heads off!!!
The  SciFi Chick Muses
When my kids were learning to read Amelia Bedelia's antics were a wonderful way to engage their imagination and their funny bone!
Stephanie
I loved these stories when I was younger and now my daughter loves them too!! She got the collection from her aunt
Molly
This is one of the best series ever. It's funny and cute, and a must-read for everyone.
Diane Boukhalil
All the series is hilarious, although I read it when I was 10. (:
Elizabeth
i always wanted a maid like amelia bedelia.
Bridget
i remember reading a few of these books
Camilla Schulte
I loved Amelia Bedelia as a kid!
Claire
I adored these books when I was little.
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Ayny
Ayny marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Peggy Parish was the author of the children's story series Amelia Bedelia. The series was continued, after her sudden death from an aneurysm, by her nephew Herman Parish. Peggy attended the University of South Carolina and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.

Herman honored Peggy's life in his book, Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia, by writing in its dedication: "For Peggy Parish, the real Am...more
More about Peggy Parish...
Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower Come Back, Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia Helps Out Good Work, Amelia Bedelia