Start by marking “Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas” as Want to Read:
Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas

Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas (Henry and Mudge #25)

Christmas at Henry and Mudge's house means candles, carols, and cookies, and best of all, a visit from the whole family. Everyone from Great-Grandpa Bill to Cousin Annie and her bunny, Snowball, join them for the Christmas-morning breakfast spectacular. Between delicious pancake smells wafting through the halls and presents galore waiting to be opened, this just might be t ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas

midnightfaerie
Dec 04, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 20 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Sheila
Dec 11, 2012 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, christmas
This is another book out of our Christmas collection, which comes out every year at Christmas time. I always liked the Henry and Mudge series of books, mainly because I like the big dog Mudge.

I enjoy this Henry and Mudge Christmas story because it is a story about family. It is not about the greed of Christmas, of wanting presents, etc., but instead the focus is on time spent with family, baking Christmas cookies, and in the end, when the day is over, Henry and Mudge and his parents go for a wa
Paige Mcleod
Dec 14, 2016 Paige Mcleod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I love this book. It reminds me of when i was a kid. I love the pictures and captions. The book gives you that holly jolly spirit and a good laugh too.
Melissa
Brenner loves Henry and Mudge!
Chantelle
My son and I both thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series and were excited to find out what would happen as we started each one. Because my son was between 5-6 years old (he's an advanced reader) at the time, he easily identified with Henry and loved Mudge because (1) he desperately wanted a dog, and (2) Mudge's goofiness was endearing AND hilarious.

Read Aloud: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Introduces plot, character development, foreshadowing, and use of imagery.

Independent Reading: First or Seco
Rosa Cline
Oct 28, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, christmas
This was our first to read Henry and Mudge books. This was a good 'homey' feeling feel good child's Christmas book. Henry a little boy has a HUGE dog (about the size of him) and apparently they are best friends and do everything together. In this story they make cookies together, Mudge cleans up; they go caroling together, and in the end they celebrate opening gifts and eating dinner with extended family that come to visit. A nice Christmas story to read to your little person. (NOTE there is no ...more
Dolly
Dec 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a nice book in the "Henry and Mudge" series. Christmas cookies, family and togetherness is the theme of this story, with plenty of joy and fun for all. It's a fairly typical Christmas story and our girls enjoyed it, as they do all the books by this author/illustrator team of Rylant and Stevenson.
Christy
Jun 20, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-reader
Christmas at Henry and Mudge's house means cookies and carols and presents, and the whole family gathering for a delicious breakfast (with lots of food falling on the floor for Mudge). It may just be the best Christmas ever -- but Henry's favorite present is the big, lovable dog he's had all along.
Catriona Rogers
Lovely book! We gave it to my daughter and niece for Christmas. We enjoyed the holiday traditions described and illustrated in the book. Gillian loves the series because she is crazy about dogs.
Jaeger Matthias
Jan 28, 2011 Jaeger Matthias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-100, 2011
that henry and mudge got all of their friend and relatives and had a christmas//
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2012
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2017
Courtenay
Courtenay rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2009
Ts
Ts rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Sreelatha
Sreelatha rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2015
Elisa
Elisa rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Elke Erickson
Elke Erickson rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2011
CMT
CMT rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2017
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Yuna K
Yuna K rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2008
Maureen
Maureen rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2008
Andrea Hunter
Andrea Hunter rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2012
Michelle Kroes
Michelle Kroes rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2011
  • Paddington Bear and the Christmas Surprise
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • It's Justin Time, Amber Brown
  • A Pussycat's Christmas
  • Thanksgiving at the Tappletons'
  • Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert
  • The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Carl's Christmas
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Fat Cat Sat on the Mat (I Can Read Level 1)
  • Christmas in the Big Woods
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • Christmas Trolls
  • A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Henry and Mudge (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Henry and Mudge - The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1)
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Sparkle Days (Henry and Mudge, #5)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Get the Cold Shivers (Henry and Mudge, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)