Start by marking “Unison 3.0” as Want to Read:
Unison 3.0

Unison 3.0

3.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  198 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Everyone is obsessed with Unison, the social network that knows you better than you know yourself. Everyone who can afford it, that is. Living beneath the vast ceiling that separates Eastern Seaboard City into rich topside and poor sub-canopy zones, Fifteen-year-old Mistletoe can only dream of logging in and has to make do with technological hand-me-downs.

Worlds collide wh
Published April 1st 2012 by Catnip Publishing Ltd (first published November 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unison 3.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unison 3.0

Hylary Locsin
Dec 18, 2011 Hylary Locsin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on my blog: http://libraryladyhylary.blogspot.com ! Check it out for more reviews!

In the futuristic town of Eastern Seaboard City, society is divided into the canopy and sub-canopy zones, separated by a steel barrier that keeps the rich and poor from intermingling. Fifteen-year-old Mistletoe lives in the sub-canopy with her guardian, Jiri, dreaming of what life must be like topside for those who can afford to be a part of Unison. Described as the great-great-grandchild of Faceb
Katie
Dec 19, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unison Spark is a very unique story and a great debut novel from Andy Marino. I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading his future books.

The world of ESC and Unison is unlike any I have read about. Unison is basically the king of social networks and it is scary to think that someday we might come to that point. I really think the world that Andy Marino created is his strongest point. I loved reading about it and how it got to where it was.

The characters, on the other hand, were th
Esteban Parra
La verdad no sé como expresarme sobre este libro, pues el mismo carece de sentido, de claridad... de todo. La historia es débil, la mayoría de personajes son inverosímiles, a excepción de Mistletoe, y el espíritu del libro es débil y carece de emoción. Quizá, y es algo que noté, la traducción no fue muy buena, pero de igual modo el desarrollo del argumento es terrible. Un libro para olvidar.
Linnae
Mar 14, 2016 Linnae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mistletoe (formerly known as Anna), has lived sub-canopy her whole life, with her guardian Jiri. Their technology is scavenged and ancient, and she's lucky to have a scooter of her own that she uses to ride around the steeply sloping streets. She has a blue, scented braid, and can pretty much take care of herself. She has recurring nightmares about Jiri carrying her from a lab, with tubes and wires coming out of her body, and people chasing them.

Meanwhile, in Eastern Seaboard City, the rich peop
Keelin
Jan 13, 2016 Keelin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unison Spark opens with a fifteen year old girl named Anna announcing to her caretaker Jiri that her new name is Mistletoe. The book goes on to describe, or rather briefly go over, Mistletoe’s history and how her and Jiri met. After that it jumps right into some confusing technological lingo and plot that can have the reader stumped until the third or fourth chapter. Overall I found Unison Spark to be confusing and lacking in important details, but containing a rather strong concept.
I really
Charlotte
May 12, 2014 Charlotte rated it did not like it
Argh. I was not interested in that. I am sorry but that was slow, dull and boring. I kept falling asleep whilst reading it this afternoon. I found it uninteresting and unengaging right until the end. I’m glad I’ve finished it, it took me long enough.

image

Mistletoe can only wish to be have a BetterLife log in, the social network that knows the user better than themselves. Ambrose, heir to BetterLife, can’t ask for anything more. But when their paths collide they learn that they have more than the
Mrslabraden
Apr 14, 2016 Mrslabraden rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unison Spark is a total disappointment for me. The premise of the story sounded promising - a dystopian society where one social network consumes almost everyone's time; so much so that Unison has become the only company in charge of all social networking, but that's where the story gets hazy. Ambrose and Mistletoe live in different parts of the city. Ambrose is the product of a wealthy family that pretty much runs Unison, but Mistletoe lives in a depressed part of the city that doesn't even hav ...more
Salamandra
En un primer momento la novela puede resultar confusa o simplemente hay detalles que el lector es incapaz de comprender, pero a lo largo de la lectura poco a poco se esclarece todo. No creo que sea una pérdida de tiempo y en mi opinión la trama está bastante bien. ¿Se podría desarrollar más? Obviamente sí. La idea principal que ronda la novela tiene muchísimo juego para el autor, aunque en este caso no se le saca mucho partido. Aún así, creo que no está nada mal y engancha desde el primer capítu ...more
Megan Bodwell
Aug 18, 2013 Megan Bodwell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2013
I am pretty sure that I liked this book. The premise was very interesting; a future with the main dividing point between the haves and the have nots is the ability (meaning the money) to log into the most fantastic social network every created. The story follows two teenagers, one from each side of the canopy, as they try to discover themselves (literally).

As I said before, the premise of the book is intriguing, as was the summary. However, I got lost in a lot of the descriptions. They seemed l
Ms. Yingling
I have developed Dystopia Overload.
From the Publisher: " Fifteen-year-old Mistletoe lives in the sub-canopy zone amid poverty and outdated technology, but when she meets Ambrose Truax, the privileged sixteen-year-old heir to the Unison empire and they discover they share a sinister link, they begin a frightening journey into the uncharted territory of the Unison 3.0 upgrade."

This one started out well, and I think that it is interesting that more and more of the dystopian books (like Cinder) are
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Unison 3.0 is a fast paced and interesting sci-fi which I enjoyed and left me with lots of think about.

The reason why I think this book will appeal to Young Adults is because it is really fast paced and plays around with a lot of ideas about social network and the place it will evolve to in the future which in all honesty is quite a scary idea. It follows the story of two characters, Ambrose and Mistletoe two teenagers. Ambrose comes from the upper-level and has spent his life and career involv
Cassandra (The book & movie dimension blogger)
--Full, non-spoiler review courtesy at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog--

Unison Spark 2.0 is a new update from Facebook and the old Twitter that has never before been seen. A program that makes you feel like you're actually physically part of a huge digital world. Once you are plugged in you are in it as if you are in real life. People there have popularity stats in a way to allow ranking. Ambrose Truax is the heir to the empire of Unison Spark and son of Martin Truax, so his ranking is the hig
Ravenous Biblioworm
Rating: 2.5/5

And I thought the social networking craze of today was crazy. Mistletoe’s (aka Anna) world is even more insane. Marino creates a very interesting world with characters that propel forward into the midst of the ultimate social networking place. As I read through the novel, there are moments were I can relate to the book because of its references to the social networking world. But near the end the story jumbles and losing its grip on a firm reality. The web becomes real and reality b
Rene Kirkpatrick
Jan 17, 2012 Rene Kirkpatrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book.

It was fun, futuristic, science-y, filled with villains you can't tell apart from family.

Unison is a social network that knows you better than you do and everyone who can afford it uses it. Our heroine, Mistletoe, lives in a world under the canopy, it reminds me of descriptions of the slums in Brazil, only bigger, building one on top of the other, hidden under the city of the wealthy. The poor live under a ceiling that the wealthy have built on top of, no electricity,
Laura Coll
Jul 20, 2015 Laura Coll rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela mediocre y confusa, con una trama y unos personajes muy mal desarrollados

Reseña completa: http://paseandoentrepaginas.blogspot....
Michelle Rocha
The idea of this book is great and I had pretty high hopes before I started but it just didn't hook me the way I expected it too. Terms like process flow and thought stream were too confusing to figure out and I wasn't invested enough in the plot or characters to spend the mental energy to work it all out in my brain. It was an overall frustrating book to read and it took me over two weeks to get through it. I would imagine many students feeling the same frustration. It could have been a great b ...more
Tracey Weyer
The book was a classic tale of betrayal, lies, and more. Was fascinated in it from beginning to end. But at times I got lost and had no idea what the characters were talking about.
Majandra M.
Pueeees muy raro todo. Argumento interesante y que te hace pensar, personajes que ni fu ni fa y un final bastante bastante flojo.
Sandra
Dec 27, 2015 Sandra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uf....que pereza... No sé si le daré otra oportunidad más adelante o que, pero no tiene pinta.
Yeri Uscanga
Dec 02, 2015 Yeri Uscanga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Termine muy confundida ¿Se quedaron atrapados en Unison o volvieron a la bóveda?
Amy
Jan 04, 2015 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sort of almost a 4? It's a ponytail....ponytail...ponytail! Not a pigtail! Pigtail is plural!
Cindy
Mar 30, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-reads
Ended weird. I wasn't sure what to think. Would be interested in a sequel
Stephanie
Lots of holes, Facebook takes over society
Jeremiah
Apr 06, 2012 Jeremiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-4
Entry 1-
Ambrose and Mistletoe aka.Anna are the main characters and protagonists.Aunt Dita and anyone else for their cause is bad. Martin Truaxand his gang are very bad and are antagonists.

Entry 2-
The setting is on Nelson and in Unison.The point of view switches bet Ambose and Mistletoe.

Entry 3-
These people created Ambrose and Mistletoe from a tube and since they are getting too old the police and Martin Truax, the most prominent person are after them, but Ambrose and Mistletoe defeat Martin.
Erin Sterling
Unison Spark - the social network that knows you better than you know yourself, if you're wealthy enough that is. Solid science fiction about a social network virtual reality world, a girl who lives in the sub-canopy of this futuristic world who has never used Unison Spark, and her encounter with the heir of the social network throne who is discovering secrets he didn't want to know. Fast-paced, exciting, but not my favorite dystopian/sci fi for teens.
Patrícia
RATING: 2.5 stars.

I'm not sure about this book. I think it would have been great if the author had developed the story a lot more. As it was it was little more than a short story and I felt we didn't get to know Ambrose and Mistletoe much.

It was very "Uglies" in a way and also a mesh between 'The Matrix' and 'The Social Network'.

Full review to come.
Jaime Kennett
This book was very confusing and kept losing me. I kept finding myself saying, "Wait, what?" and having to reread to see if I missed something. Nope. It was just completely disjointed. I really tried to like like this book, however it ended up being me just trying to get through the book in hopes that it would all come together. Sadly, it did not.
Clare
Apr 04, 2012 Clare rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reject
I just couldn't get into this somewhat clunkily written young adult book. The premise seemed to fall somewhere between the Matrix (people in machines) and Avatar (Long blue hair - optic fibres etc.)

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful as such - I'd just rather spend my time reading something I don't have to mentally scoff at.
Sara
Apr 18, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I greatly enjoyed the first two-thirds of Unison Spark, but got a bit confused towards the end. Some of the details of the final reveal were a bit muddled and frantic. I liked the basic idea of the book, though and it's a great read for teens and tweens who enjoy science fiction.
Espe
Mar 31, 2014 Espe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
En realidad un 2,5
  • The Edge of Darkness
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • Dangerously Placed
  • Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Concisus (Verita, #2)
  • Living in Darkness (Bloodbreeders, #1)
  • Losers in Space
  • When Rose Wakes
  • Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2)
  • The Edumacation of Jay Baker
  • The Plant Hunters: True Stories of Their Daring Adventures to the Far Corners of the Earth
  • Void (Hex, #1-3)
  • Sharp North
  • The Inferior (The Bone World Trilogy, #1)
  • Flash Point
  • Haunters
  • The Goblin's Curse (Scions of Shadow Trilogy #3)
Andy Marino was born and raised in upstate New York. He spent his childhood orchestrating Lego pirate battles, drawing detailed maps of imaginary video games, and cheating death in Choose Your Own Adventure books. Profoundly influenced by the work of J.R.R. Tolkien and the movie Bloodsport, he started writing his first novel at the age of eleven. Tragically, THE RUNES OF ILLIARM was never complete ...more
More about Andy Marino...