Start by marking “Asperger's Rules!: How to Make Sense of School and Friends” as Want to Read:
Asperger's Rules!: How to Make Sense of School and Friends

Asperger's Rules!: How to Make Sense of School and Friends

Fitting in to school and social life can be the single most challenging task for children with Asperger's syndrome, but this book can help. Packed full of information, this book covers common school situations and the uncommon challenges that they can present to a child with Asperger's.
Published May 15th 2012 by Magination Press

To ask other readers questions about Asperger's Rules!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asperger's Rules!

Ms. Yingling
Oct 31, 2012 Ms. Yingling rated it liked it
This book covers many topics with which students on the autism spectrum have trouble. Chapters include Your Feelings and Emotions; Teachers and Asking for Help; Friends,Classmates and the Other Kids; Bullies and Mean Kids; and Healthy Habits. Each chapter is further divided into what to expect in situations and how to effectively deal with them. Sometimes, there are flow charts and model conversations, which I found helpful. This was a very text-dense book, and sometimes the way the information ...more
Catherine
Jun 20, 2016 Catherine rated it it was amazing
I got this book on recommendation from my son's doctor. My son is 13 and has Aspergers Syndrome. The book is very well done, tastefully dealing with social difficulties, without being cheesy or pandering to teenage humor. My son is reading it now, and he's really enjoying it. I wouldn't have picked it up on my own, because he is homeschooled and from the title it sounds like the book is all about school. Actually, it was really relevant to him, and he could use the tips for classroom dynamics in ...more
Kristy
I thought it was interesting how this guide was written for the audience of young people with an autistic-spectrum disorder. It's sort of a "how-to guide" on how to act, or react. There are chapters on individual situations, like conversation starters. As a teacher, I might even adapt some of this content for socioemotional learning activities for primary, or counseling.
ThePinkCarrot
Dec 30, 2013 ThePinkCarrot rated it really liked it
This book has interesting ideas for helping a child with Aspergers navigate life. Has concrete examples for how to set goals and how to do things. (Leave an arm's length between you and another person for the appropriate amount of personal space. Set a goal for handing in homework on time rather than wanting to do better on homework.) Would recommend this book to others.
Ashlea
May 04, 2013 Ashlea rated it liked it
The rating I chose is merely personal; I'm sure this would be a life-saver for kids just approaching middle school, and kids with severe social/friendship issues.
Bernard A Horowitz
Bernard A Horowitz rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Pamela Lephart
Pamela Lephart rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Jessie Spence
Jessie Spence rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Jen St.
Jen St. rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Lisa Rephlo
Lisa Rephlo rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Tracy Staudacher
Tracy Staudacher rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Lesley Shiner
Lesley Shiner rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
C Solovay
C Solovay rated it did not like it
May 13, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Melina C. Brown
Melina C. Brown rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2016
Sophy Scott
Sophy Scott rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Susanna
Susanna rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Fiona Greatrix
Fiona Greatrix rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Keisha Bullard
Keisha Bullard rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Debbie Rhoades
Debbie Rhoades rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2016
Delmma
Delmma rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Georgina Avalos
Georgina Avalos rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2016
Anne Marie
Anne Marie rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Penny Nugent
Penny Nugent rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014