Start by marking “Dancing On Fly Ash: One Hundred Word Stories” as Want to Read:
Dancing On Fly Ash: One Hundred Word Stories
Read Book

Dancing On Fly Ash: One Hundred Word Stories

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Dancing On Fly Ash: One Hundred Word Stories contains over sixty stories, each one shorter than one hundred words, ranging in tone from humor to drama, from gritty reality to absurd surrealism.

Inside, a celebrity plane crash is picked over by grave-robbing memorabilia hunters. Image consultants dispense career advice to both Keanu Reeves and the President of the United St
Published April 6th 2006 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Dancing On Fly Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing On Fly Ash

Adrian
Awesome collection of flash fiction. Bell and Maday do so much with a handful of words. An impressive book...
Erik
Bell and Maday are budding masters of the short-short, with equal parts whimsy and gravitas this is a collection anyone interested in the form shouldn't miss.
Ada Bonnefoi
Matt Bell and Josh Maday have created with "Dancing on Fly Ash: One Hundred Word Stories" something ... bizarre. No idea if I should call it prose poetry, or simply short stories?! 60 stories, or some more, I have not counted them, in less than 100 words. Now thats something.
Some are funny, some are dark, some are great, some less so. Often the stories are simply too damn short. Yeah I know, thats why the suckers are called short stories, I hear you.

Sure, they still make sense and everything bu
Daniel
This collection of stories is brilliant. It’s a book one can read over and over, and each reading reveals something new. Matt and Josh have a created a book that’s like a multi-course gourmet meal: each story is so delicious that the reader practically inhales it; each one seems so simple, but its complexity is revealed in the lingering aftertaste; and the end of each one leaves the reader both sad it’s over and eagerly anticipating the next course. Presenting a range of characters from the high ...more
Tara
I really like what these two authors accomplished. It is very hard to write a story in 100 words. I found I preferred the humorous stories (such as Drunk Dialing in the White House) and the stories that captured a thread of emotion, such as Lucky Penny at the Bus Stop. Would love to see another collection with more along the lines of Lucky Penny.
Peter
Enjoyable collection of microfiction. But the problem with micro or even flash fiction is that it's hard to fully engage with a story - no sooner are you intrigued by a character or situation, than it's all over. These stories are no exception. Good stuff, but left me wanting more.
Matthew
Sixty one hundred word micro stories. Not as good as I had hoped but no real complaints. Some cheap shots mixed in with micro gems. A small, mixed bag.
Kathy
Jul 25, 2007 Kathy marked it as to-read
Erik Smetana recommended this to me and I've been meaning to read it, so thanks, Erik!
Jessica Lindsley
Jessica Lindsley marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Irum Zahra
Irum Zahra marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Rebeca Álamo
Rebeca Álamo marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Aliaa
Aliaa marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
kb
kb marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Emma Aylor
Emma Aylor marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Ethan Reimer
Ethan Reimer marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Lily Clegg
Lily Clegg marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Adila
Adila is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2010
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2010
Krysta
Krysta marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2010
Matt Bell is the author of the novel IN THE HOUSE UPON THE DIRT BETWEEN THE LAKE AND THE WOODS, a finalist for the Young Lions Fiction Award, a Michigan Notable Book, and an Indies Choice Adult Debut Book of the Year Honor Recipient, and the winner of the Paula Anderson Book Award. He is also the author of two previous books, HOW THEY WERE FOUND and CATACLYSM BABY, and his next novel, SCRAPPER, wi ...more
More about Matt Bell...
In the House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods How They Were Found Cataclysm Baby The Collectors Wolf Parts