Start by marking “Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)

Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4)

Even in a city of long, tall beauties, psychologist Christina McMullen is used to getting hit on. But she’s definitely not accustomed to having a hit on her. Until the day a charming stranger shows up at her door—and someone guns him down right in front of her.

For Chrissy, shootings and explosions are what pass for normal in her tempestuous relationship with sexy LAPD lieu
Published October 30th 2007 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Unmanned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmanned

Victoria
loved this!
Pamela McDowell
Dec 28, 2016 Pamela McDowell rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Funny, fast-paced fluff - I love it!
Leise Chadwick
Sep 22, 2012 Leise Chadwick rated it really liked it
Chrissy is nothing but the epitome of class in her recycled designer clothes. Considering her uniform as a waitress at the Warthog in Schaumberg, Illinois, second hand designer clothes are a huge step up the ladder. Speaking of attire, Chrissy isn't quite sure what continues to draw her to Jack Rivera but the way he fills out his low slung form fitting jeans could be a component.

Rivera is equally attracted to Chrissy, and often appears overly protective and concerned about her well being, and ri
Sharon
Darn, it appears I missed #3 of this series. Chrissy is attacked and her ne’er do well brother shows up asking for her help. Chrissy and her brother are attacked. Chrissy helps him pay off a Chicago mobster who he says is responsible for the attacks on him and Chrissy. Another attack – who is doing the bad stuff? Rivera is also in the mix to add the sexual tension. Again, pretty funny, although by this book some of the smart-a**-ness was a little old – maybe too much focus on the snappy dialogue ...more
Nicole
This one was alright, not my favorite in the series. Christ's slacker brother shows up driving a Corvette with a shady story about how he acquired it. Christy encounters a guy who claims to be a contractor in business with his brother and offers to repair Chrissy's home garage. He shows up uninvited at Chrissy's house and is eventually killed right in front of Chrissy. So sets off the chain of events that includes trips to Chicago to confront a mutton-chop loan shark, a visit to see her former m ...more
Lori Whitwam
Barbara ★
I do like this series it's laugh out loud funny but I found myself wishing they would get on with it already. Not the sex because they finally are moving in that direction. Oh wait, didn't Rivera say lets take it slow and get to know each other (after months of being hot and heavy and interrupted?) But the brother. Honestly I wanted to strangle Chrissy's brother Peter John. What a nincompoop. Chrissy has the patience of a saint because I probably would have shot him like she threatened. I love R ...more
Jenn
Sep 03, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
Chrissy McMullin seems to fall into trouble like the rest of us fall onto the couch after a long day at work. This time, it's her brother Peter bringing danger and adventure to her life, being chased by the boyfriends of trysts past and men he from whom he has stolen a corvette. Rivera is there, deciding to slow down Chrissy and his relationship - he has decided to woo her instead of just get her in the sack - a nice change of pace that has me thinking this relationship may actually have a chanc ...more
Cmkage
Jul 07, 2012 Cmkage rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, suspense
My new favorite in the series. I loved that there is finally some real development in the relationship between Rivera and Chrissy. The McMullen clan was as entertaining as always, and I kind of had a thing for D. I'm hoping he will appear in later books.

The plot was interesting as well and the little quotes at the beginning of each chapter were still funny. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Amber Adamchuk
Dec 08, 2013 Amber Adamchuk rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-kindle
Chrissy and her brother have a true love hate relationship going on. In this book you can understand that hate part a bit more, and who doesn't love their sibling no matter what... even if he puts your life in jeopardy.

I am getting frustrated with the Rivera and Chrissy relationship, are they or aren't they? And how much more trouble can these two get into, and it be believable?
Josi
Jun 14, 2014 Josi rated it liked it
This book was fun. Poor Chrissy all these things keep happening to her. Her brother is to blame for most of them in this book. I keep waiting for her and Rivera to get together, but his phone keeps interrupting. This series keeps me laughing though. I am ready to read the next book in the series.
Virginia
Feb 23, 2010 Virginia rated it really liked it
Love the Chrissy McMullen character. If you are looking for a great laugh - pick up one from this series.
Sandra McLeod
Aug 17, 2009 Sandra McLeod rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I love the characters, I love the action, and I love all the plot twists, but I was a little disappointed with the ending. Still a fun read and I look forward to reading the next inthe series!
Stacie  Haden
Aug 19, 2016 Stacie Haden rated it really liked it
There were a few little things that irked me, but overall another fun read from Ms Greiman. On to "One Hot Mess" :)
Janeene
Aug 19, 2008 Janeene rated it really liked it
This is my favorite new series that I found in 2008 - this is the 4th book in the series and I look forward to more. This series will be in my favorite reads for 2008!

Jennifer Moore
Jennifer Moore rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Karishma
Karishma rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Muzamil
Muzamil rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2016
Ghada Ghoneim
Ghada Ghoneim rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Mnfarmgal
Mnfarmgal rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2011
Constance
Constance rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2013
C0c0puppeh
C0c0puppeh rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Casey Bennett
Casey Bennett rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2010
Dean Carson
Dean Carson rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
  • No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery, #2)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Lucky Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #4)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • Whiskey Sour (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #2)
  • A Done Deal (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #5)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
Born on a North Dakota cattle ranch, Lois Greiman graduated from a high school class of sixty students before moving to Minnesota where she professionally trained and showed Arabian Horses for several years. Since that time she's been a high fashion model, a fitness instructor, and a veterinary assistant. But an incurable case of writing fever put a stop to all those occupations.

Since selling her
More about Lois Greiman...

A Chrissy McMullen Mystery (9 books)
  • Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1)
  • Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #2)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3)
  • One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #5)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Unleashed (Chrissy McMullen, #8)
  • Unhinged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #9)

“A pause. It might have been pregnant. I’ve never been sure how to tell if a silence has conceived or not.” 8 likes
“If you don't like your teeth; keep your mouth shut.” 1 likes