Start by marking “Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #2)

Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  761 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Christina McMullen, psychologist extraordinaire, has problems–not least of which are her needy clients, a schizophrenic septic system, and her sizzling-then-fizzling romance with Lieutenant Jack Rivera. But Chrissy has yet another problem she’d like to ignore: finding her secretary’s missing boyfriend. Okay, so she secretly hopes the vertically challenged computer geek has ...more
Published February 28th 2006 by Dell Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Unplugged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unplugged

Veronica
I love a good cozy mystery now and again, something light hearted and fun to cleanse the palette in-between darker reads. This series, featuring Chrissy McMullen, LA psychologist, fits the bill. Chrissy is hilarious in the predicaments she gets into. That said, the series is not without it's faults which are once again on display here. For a professional psychologist, Chrissy probably does more breaking and entering and lying (often for no good reason at all) than your average street criminal. I ...more
Nicole
Round two with Chrissy and her wacky co-horts, secretary Elaine, the Geekster J.D.,Lieutenant Rivera, and a few of Chrissy's clients.

Elaine wants Chrissy to find J.D., who's been missing since he went to a tech convention in Vegas. For whatever reason, Chrissy doesn't want to accept that Elaine and J.D. are pseudo-dating, but she agrees to see what she can do. After agreeing to look, Chrissy meets a new guy, gets kidnapped, shot at, threatened, forced to deal with a surprise familial visit, and
John
Didn't like this one as much as the first one. The attitude of Christine, the main character, was getting on my nerves. And her attitude toward the character J.D. was getting old. He may be a creep, but he went out of his way to help her in the first book, so she should cut him a little slack. I don't care for stories where the main character needs to keep doing stupid things just to move the plot forward or to stall for time. I plan on reading the next book in the series, I just hope Christine ...more
Barbara ★
I do love this series. Chrissy is such a hoot! And Rivera is beyond yummy. I absolutely love their bickering and sarcastic dialogue. The sexual tension is unbelievable and I love how Chrissy stutters and stumbles over her words (and her feet) when Rivera gets too close or has his shirt off.

In Unplugged, Elaine's techno geek boyfriend goes off to a conference in Vegas and doesn't return. Chrissy who loves her best friend Elaine to pieces, gets it in her head to track him down and of course, gets
Leise Chadwick
Chrissy's back and she is beside herself with worry! An acquaintance from her Warthog waitressing days in Schaumberg, geeky vertically challenged Jeen Solberg, has taken a fancy for her very best friend Laney. Chrissy owed Solberg a favor and the payback was a date with Laney. Laney is an aspiring actress and incredibly beautiful. Never in her wildest dreams, and Chrissy has had many, could she imagine Laney falling for the Geekster, but she does, and then some. When he goes missing during a bus ...more
Dena Shayne
3.5
I didn't love this one as much as the first- it was still really good- but at times I just wanted to yell at Chrissy to tell Jack everything!
Overall though, it was a fun light read- just what I wanted!
Shirl
I love a fun mystery. This one involves a cute lady shrink, a sexy detective,and the secretary with a missing boyfriend. Good story.
Wende
Chrissy had a few moments of tstl but the sparks between her and Jack helped me overlook that. It is a funny book and I am glad I read it.
Marfita
This book made me reconsider reading any more mysteries. I realize that sexual tension makes things interesting and as a woman I know that we feel more desire than we exhibit at times - but I thought this was a bit ridiculous. And denying anything was happening on the missing person's case - the endless lying - it palled. I did like her characters otherwise. The clients were the most interesting.
Not only did I reconsider reading mysteries, but this week I also committed the sacrilege of thinkin
Sharon
Another funny, easy-to-read mystery starring Chrissy. This time, the geeky boyfriend of Chrissy’s beautiful best friend/secretary goes missing. Chrissy looks for him and gets herself into scrapes and messes. Rivera, the investigating detective is back, adding a bit of sexual tension again. As with previous book, mystery neatly solved in the end. And as with previous book, enjoyable. Although I admit to a little skimming towards the end, but this may be more because I read this just after the fir ...more
Denise W
awesome books _ I recommend the series
Sandra McLeod
I loved this romantic mystery! I loved the characters, I loved the plotting, and I loved all the similes and metaphors. Actually, I was impressed that Ms. Greiman could come up with so many wonderful similes and metaphors! My only criticism (and it's definitely a minor one) is that I found myself becoming a little irritated at times with Chrissy's continued lying and fabricating--I found myself at times wanting to tell her to just tell people the truth (especially Rivera). But, all in all, a gre ...more
Melissa
I really like this mystery series. I think the situations Chrissy finds herself in are funny. I also like the sexual tension between her and Lt. Rivera. These remind me a lot of Janet Evanovich. The mystery in this one got to be a little convaluted, but I still enjoyed it. When I got to the final chapter where everything happend, I was a bit confused because one character hadn't been mentioned for quite awhile. But as always, a nice clean wrap up. I am looking for to reading #3 in the series!
Bethann Kessel
Love this series...on to "Unscrewed." One more after that and then off to the book store for the rest...:)
Amber Adamchuk
Chrissy is not a very bright female, but she loves her best friend. She has horrible instincts on men. I felt like I was on an ADHD roller-coaster.... I wouldn't lie to my best friend that a man who obviously cares for her dumbed her to not tell her the truth - he is missing! There were a lot of things I did not agree with or maybe relate with in this book.

I wasn't as impressed with book two as I was with book one.
Josi
This book was great. Oh the things Chrissy gets herself into. I enjoy the humor with the mystery.
Didi Sotubo
I love this series and Chrissy is very funny, But i really hate how she talks and thinks about about JD. About half way through the first book it started to get annoying but through this book i hated it and i felt like slapping her but that obviously is not possible.
Janice
This book, second in the series, is a fun and funny read. Chrissy is a psychotherapist, one who is pretty kooky, herself. The mystery she becomes embroiled in is entertaining too, but the book is carried more by the crazy characters. I will continue this series.
Jenn
This series has a lot of potential and I will keep reading - they are an amusing distraction from the snow . . . Another screwball mystery from Greimans and although some other authors do this better, I will stick with the series because it will get better.
Diane ~Firefly~
Well, Chrissy is at it again. I can't believe the amount of lies she tells Rivera and expects to get away with. Luckily the story is fun, because she really is TSTL and as long as I'm just in the mood for fluff, this series seems to work for me.
Cmkage
I enjoyed the book very much. Chrissy is a complete nutcase, but she's very entertaining. The book would have been even better if there had been less internal musings and more Rivera. Still, I'm looking forward to the next part in the series.
Vicki
Readable even though the characters were one-dimensional. Since all she did was lie to anyone and everyone she encountered, I saw no reason why men would find Christine appealing or why she would inspire loyality.
Tera
Ok so these books have been somewhat hard to get into. But the character dialect is hilarious and so worth the fight through the first couple of chapters. She is constantly making me laugh with her main character.
Marie
Quite similar to the Evanovich Stephanie Plum series. Not quite as seamless or hilarious, but fun when you've run out of Evanovich! I'll read more.
Emma
The book wasn't bad. But it needed more Rivera. Rivera was perfect. I WANT more of Rivera. He's the reason I'm going to read book #3.
Kim Nardi
I loved this book. It was laugh out loud funny. I think even better that Stephanie Plum. Cant wait to read the next one.
Lori Whitwam
Better than the first one... Christina is still a harebrained investigator, but there may be hope. Moving on to book 3.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Finally found a cozy series that I dig as much as the early Stephanie Plum books. Hoorah!!!
Glennie
Genius writing and descriptive language. More laugh out load than Evonovich who I loved.
Susan
Highly recommend it! Fun and fast-paced. Similar to Janet E. book
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery #2)
  • Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2)
  • No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Hot Property (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #2)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Poisoned by Gilt
  • Frozen Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #3)
  • High Anxiety (Crazy, #3)
  • Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2)
  • Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • The Stiff and the Dead (Pauline Sokol, #2)
Born on a North Dakota cattle ranch, Lois Greiman graduated from a high school class of sixty students before moving to Minnesota where she professionally trained and showed Arabian Horses for several years. Since that time she's been a high fashion model, a fitness instructor, and a veterinary assistant. But an incurable case of writing fever put a stop to all those occupations.

Since selling her
More about Lois Greiman...

A Chrissy McMullen Mystery (8 books)
  • Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4)
  • One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #5)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6)
  • Unfortunate (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6.5)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1) Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3) Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4) One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #5) Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6)

“Not surprisingly, the kitchen was the most interesting, but only because I discovered a package of Oreos in the cupboard.” 8 likes
“I froze like a startled bunny. Fumbling the disk into my purse, I cut my eyes toward the hallway.

Had I locked the front door?

Of course I had. Only a moron would break into someone’s house and forget to lock the door.

Damn it! I’d forgotten to lock the door.”
6 likes