Start by marking “Cold Truth” as Want to Read:
Cold Truth

Cold Truth (Lou Mason Mystery #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  675 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Radio psychiatrist Dr. Gina Davenport's sole concern is the well-being of her listeners - until a shove through her office window brings her career and her life to a shockingly brutal end. Before the Kansas City police have a chance to make an arrest, a troubled young woman turns herself in for the doctor's murder.
Published February 1st 2004 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Cold Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Truth

SUSAN CREWS
May 13, 2017 SUSAN CREWS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

This book is exciting. Mason does not disappoint. He and Amy will make a beautiful life together, and Jordan will survive.
Walter Danley
Jul 09, 2013 Walter Danley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joel Goldman has written fourteen novels, with Cold Truth being third in the Lou Mason series. I came late to Goldman’s party, not a crasher, but invited when I listened to Joel interviewed by fellow crime-mystery writer, Paul Levine. My interest in the interview was to learn how Goldman became one of Amazon’s bestselling authors. Goldman’s responses to Levine’s questions intensified my writer’s curiosity about this highly successful author. So I bought Cold Truth to find out.

Lou Mason is hired
Carl Brookins
Dec 15, 2016 Carl Brookins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kansas City attorney Lou Mason again goes where dark trouble stalks.

Lou Mason is a nosy criminal attorney with his solo practice in Kansas City. He doesn’t particularly like many of the cases that sidle through his front door, but he takes them anyway. In this, author Joel Goldman’s third crime novel, he takes a case to defend a mentally unstable young woman who, to say the least, has serious anger issues.
Did she murder her shrink by tossing her through an eighth floor window of plate glass? Or
Shelley Young
Mar 25, 2014 Shelley Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would read a Lou Mason book any day! Here's what I like about Lou. He's not a former cop that can shoot pistols and have tactical defense down to a science. He's a guy, a lawyer, who understands his strengths and uses them to get the job done. Not a stranger to murder, he dives in at every cost in this novel to save a daughter, even, against his better sense, at putting himself and those he love at risk. I won't give any spoilers, because I WANT you to buy this book and be thrilled with each p ...more
Kathy
Oct 10, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review. Attorney Lou Mason is caught in a tangle of deception as he attempts to defend a troubled young woman (Jordan Hackett) accused of double murder. Multiple suspects are found and none fit just right except Jordan. I agree with what another reviewer said about this book, "I had a hard time keeping all the characters straight as Goldman introduced them at a rapid-fire pace, resulting in many character sketches but few fully real ...more
Dec 09, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
This book started out slowly enough (for my tastes) that I began to wonder if I would finish it or move on to something more interesting. It did improve, though. The plotline is very thick -- I had to re-read passages to make sure I learned the characters, their pasts and their (possible) motives. Maybe I've been reading too many YA books and my mind revolts at so much complication in a novel! I did like the book, though. I finished it in a few days.
Teryl
Jul 05, 2016 Teryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
There was a point where the motivations got so complicated, I wasn't sure that even the writer knew how to bring it all together. I am still a little hazy on why the phone call set off such a chain reaction and how Paula knew how to find Abby and call her.
Loved the protagonist, though, Lou Mason is not quite Jack Reacher, a little too easy to catch and damage, but very innovative at getting out of trouble.
Will be looking out for more about Lou.
Janice
Feb 19, 2012 Janice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read. I'm enjoying this series. I'm really have come to enjoy all the characters. I'm looking forward to book 4 which I'm reading next.

If you have Prime for Kindle lending, you can get all 4 books in one "book" called Dead Times 4. 4 books for one lend! I had already read the first two but finished 3 and 4 this way.
LJB
Jan 24, 2016 LJB rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, fast read. Lots of twists and turns and close escapes from death, but the right people die and the right people live. Some big, decades long crimes (baby stealing, selling) left further un-investigated once our central characters are safe. Don't know if I'll seek out any other books by this author.
Arthur
Jan 27, 2015 Arthur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Truth (Lou Mason book 4)

Get ready to grind your teeth as you tag along with Lou as he tries to get to the killer or killers in this story. You'll need a road map, great notes, and like Lou, some luck in getting to the one or ones responsible for all the murders, while . Lou does his best to keep his client alive and out of prison. Thanks for another great read.
Judy Churchill
Oct 17, 2016 Judy Churchill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Either the books in this series are getting better or I have totally fallen for Lou Mason, the hero. This was a very complex plot which kept me wondering till the very last page. I love the cast of friends available to help Lou when he's in trouble. This was a nice read.
Doris
Jun 07, 2014 Doris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just learned about this author so I checked out "Motion to Kill." Loved it. Requested 3 more. Just finished this one. I love all the complicated twists and turns. A real page turner. Couldn't put it down!! Anxious to read the next one.
E.A. Briginshaw
Oct 08, 2016 E.A. Briginshaw rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I abandoned this book after the first chapter as there must have been at least a dozen characters introduced in the first few pages and I kept getting lost. I started to write down the names to try to build a character map, but decided to just move onto the next book on my reading list.
Bob Bell
Aug 11, 2015 Bob Bell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was dull ! All a bit predicable rambling and twee.
The main character needs to be either a lawyer or a detective,not both.
This was my third read of this author and I can't see me seeking a fourth.
Gary Price
Jun 25, 2016 Gary Price rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Real Page Turner

Full of action, intrigue and twists. This is one of those books that grabs you by the collar and doesn't turn you lose until the final page. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it.
Sandy
May 27, 2016 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Truth

I found this novel to be just the type that I enjoy . The characters have personality and flaws that make them easy to relate to and the storyline presented drama, suspense, surprises and kept my interest from page one to the very end m
Robbie
This is a good book; I just wish Lou Mason would take less chances where the bad guys are concerned. Good characters, lots of action. I rate this one 4.6 stars.
Michele bookloverforever
a truly ugly tale or two, illegal baby selling, a mother looking for her lost child, rape, murder, drugs, fraud....our hero finds love.
Dave
May 06, 2016 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story and characters. Read all of them so far and each one has been better than the one before. Enjoy!
bonnie kirchner
Sep 03, 2016 bonnie kirchner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Truth

This is a really great series . I recommend this series to everyone who loves a good suspense book. This is book three of the Lou Mason series .Worth reading.
Kathryn Ottele
May 31, 2016 Kathryn Ottele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Truth

This is awesome! This is a mystery that has twists and turns and action! I loved trying to solve it, and I was defeated, but it was really fun to read!
ilona
Feb 10, 2012 ilona rated it liked it
Legal thriller about an attorney investigating the death of a renowned psychiatrist. Lots of twists and turns, but not the best.
Janet

Good series
Was free on kimdle
Clewis53
Jan 12, 2012 Clewis53 rated it liked it
not a bad read, but waaaaay too many characters to keep track of.
linda waldron
linda waldron rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Mary Tramper gabrick
Mary Tramper gabrick rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2017
Mary Williams
Mary Williams rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Donna Bunish
Donna Bunish rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Joe Gavlas
Joe Gavlas rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2017
  • Trace Evidence
  • The Silent Partner (Diagnosis Murder, #1)
  • Last Girl Dancing
  • Falls the Shadow (Victor Carl, #5)
  • The James Deans (Moe Prager, #3)
  • Midnight Redeemer (Midnight, #6)
  • THE ROAD TO HELL
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Wary (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #6)
  • My Ride With Gus
  • Trail Of Blood (Theresa MacLean #3)
  • Long Night Moon
  • Grave Instinct
  • Saving Brooksie
  • Lincoln's Diary
  • Mind Scrambler (John Ceepak Mystery, #5)
  • The Perfect Crime
  • Weigh Down Diet
  • Inconvenient Love
Joel Goldman is the Edgar and Shamus nominated author of the Lou Mason legal thriller series. His current series features former FBI Special Agent Jack Davis whose investigative work is complicated by a movement disorder that makes him shake when he should shoot. Joel lives with his wife and two dogs in Leawood, KS, a suburb of Kansas City, MO.

Series:
* Lou Mason Mystery
* Jack Davis Mystery
* Alex
More about Joel Goldman...

Lou Mason Mystery (5 books)
  • Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1)
  • The Last Witness (Lou Mason Mystery #2)
  • Deadlocked (Lou Mason Mystery #4)
  • Final Judgment (Lou Mason Mystery, #5)