Start by marking “Cold Truth” as Want to Read:
Cold Truth

Cold Truth (Lou Mason Mystery #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Radio psychiatrist Dr. Gina Davenport's sole concern is the well-being of her listeners - until a shove through her office window brings her career and her life to a shockingly brutal end. Before the Kansas City police have a chance to make an arrest, a troubled young woman turns herself in for the doctor's murder.
Published February 1st 2004 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Cold Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Truth

Shelley Young
I would read a Lou Mason book any day! Here's what I like about Lou. He's not a former cop that can shoot pistols and have tactical defense down to a science. He's a guy, a lawyer, who understands his strengths and uses them to get the job done. Not a stranger to murder, he dives in at every cost in this novel to save a daughter, even, against his better sense, at putting himself and those he love at risk. I won't give any spoilers, because I WANT you to buy this book and be thrilled with each p ...more
Walter Danley
Joel Goldman has written fourteen novels, with Cold Truth being third in the Lou Mason series. I came late to Goldman’s party, not a crasher, but invited when I listened to Joel interviewed by fellow crime-mystery writer, Paul Levine. My interest in the interview was to learn how Goldman became one of Amazon’s bestselling authors. Goldman’s responses to Levine’s questions intensified my writer’s curiosity about this highly successful author. So I bought Cold Truth to find out.

Lou Mason is hired
Doris
Just learned about this author so I checked out "Motion to Kill." Loved it. Requested 3 more. Just finished this one. I love all the complicated twists and turns. A real page turner. Couldn't put it down!! Anxious to read the next one.
Kathy
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review. Attorney Lou Mason is caught in a tangle of deception as he attempts to defend a troubled young woman (Jordan Hackett) accused of double murder. Multiple suspects are found and none fit just right except Jordan. I agree with what another reviewer said about this book, "I had a hard time keeping all the characters straight as Goldman introduced them at a rapid-fire pace, resulting in many character sketches but few fully real ...more
This book started out slowly enough (for my tastes) that I began to wonder if I would finish it or move on to something more interesting. It did improve, though. The plotline is very thick -- I had to re-read passages to make sure I learned the characters, their pasts and their (possible) motives. Maybe I've been reading too many YA books and my mind revolts at so much complication in a novel! I did like the book, though. I finished it in a few days.
Janice
Good read. I'm enjoying this series. I'm really have come to enjoy all the characters. I'm looking forward to book 4 which I'm reading next.

If you have Prime for Kindle lending, you can get all 4 books in one "book" called Dead Times 4. 4 books for one lend! I had already read the first two but finished 3 and 4 this way.
ilona
Legal thriller about an attorney investigating the death of a renowned psychiatrist. Lots of twists and turns, but not the best.
Clewis53
not a bad read, but waaaaay too many characters to keep track of.
Jeanne O'donnell

Good series
Was free on kimdle
Meagan Leonard
Meagan Leonard marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • Trace Evidence
  • Last Girl Dancing
  • The Silent Partner (Diagnosis Murder, #1)
  • Falls the Shadow (Victor Carl, #5)
  • Trail Of Blood (Theresa MacLean #3)
  • The James Deans (Moe Prager, #3)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Wary (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #6)
  • RIPTIDE (Jake Lassiter, #11)
  • Mind Scrambler (John Ceepak Mystery, #5)
  • King And Maxwell (King & Maxwell): by David Baldacci -- Sidekick
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Art of Zen Meditation
  • Weigh Down Diet
  • Crossing Lines (Gabe Quinn #2)
  • Lincoln's Diary
  • Past Lives
  • Here We Go
  • Smart Women Know When to Say No
Joel Goldman is the Edgar and Shamus nominated author of the Lou Mason legal thriller series. His current series features former FBI Special Agent Jack Davis whose investigative work is complicated by a movement disorder that makes him shake when he should shoot. Joel lives with his wife and two dogs in Leawood, KS, a suburb of Kansas City, MO.

Series:
* Lou Mason Mystery
* Jack Davis Mystery
* Alex
More about Joel Goldman...

Lou Mason Mystery (5 books)
  • Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1)
  • The Last Witness (Lou Mason Mystery #2)
  • Deadlocked (Lou Mason Mystery #4)
  • Final Judgment (Lou Mason Mystery, #5)
Stone Cold (Alex Stone Mystery #2) The Dead Man (Jack Davis Mystery, #2). Motion To Kill (Lou Mason, Mystery #1) The Last Witness (Lou Mason Mystery #2) Deadlocked (Lou Mason Mystery #4)