Start by marking “Honor's Reward: The Essential Virtue for Receiving God's Blessings” as Want to Read:
Honor's Reward: The Essential Virtue for Receiving God's Blessings

Honor's Reward: The Essential Virtue for Receiving God's Blessings

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In HONOR'S REWARD, bestselling author John Bevere unveils the power and truth of an often-overlooked principle-the spiritual law of honor. Bevere explains that understanding the vital role of this virtue will enable readers to attract blessing both now and for eternity.
Published November 15th 2007 by FaithWords (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Honor's Reward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor's Reward

John Yuehan
Honor is often mentioned in Christianity language. But few have talked about honor brings reward. It is truly something else altogether and I've leant quite a bit on this subject and to a certain extend, felt rebuked. Haha. All in all thanks to a friend who gave it to me for Christmas last year. God bless you buddy
Brian
First of all I have to be honest I did not finish this book. I read the first 5 chapters and could bear to go any further.

Before I go into any more detail I just want to make it clear that I do believe that we should honor people, our pastors, leaders, peers, those older than us, those younger than us, etc. I don't think we should dishonor anyone. I also believe that it is important to submit to one another. We shouldn't act rebellious, manipulative, or try to subvert what God is doing in any w
Lonnie Rodriguez
The subject of honor, true honor, seems to be quite misunderstood in our modern day culture. There is the idea of what honor is but true honor that is of any real worth puts a heavy value with it. Not just words but weighty value that comes from a heart filled with honor for a great king, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

John Bevere pulls no punches when he delivers this book packed with what it really means to honor and be honorable. With that he clearly shows the rewards that come with tha
Vicki Garza
I received this book as a gift from dear friends for my birthday. I have read other Bevere books and really enjoyed them. However, I'm struggling to get my arms around this one. I read about 45 pages, then set it aside when my life became overwhelmed with circumstances beyond my control. Since then, I haven't felt the desire to come back to it. However, out of respect for Doug and Greta, I will pick it up again soon and see if I can make the connection in this message. Overall, I think Bevere is ...more
Sara
Nov 03, 2008 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone seeking for a new outlook
Recommended to Sara by: My pastor
This is a great life lesson book which mingles personal stories from the author with direct scriptural references. It really helps you re-evaluate the way you treat yourself as well as those around you in all facets. You will definitely think differently about how you look at and react to those in your personal life (friends, family) and those a bit more distantly connected to you but still with great impact to your life (civic leaders, teachers, business people, etc).
Hadi Wijaya
This book like other John Bevere's book is really good. The teaching about respecting God and others is really relieving. He includes many real testimonies that increase my faith to this teaching. Another good part is that he also describes clearly about action plan we need to take in each subtopic.

Looking forward for reading another John's book.
Pierre Hulsebus
This was my least favorite book of his. Our service on this earth should not be tied to some future inheritance. Heaven will not be a place of have's and have not's. The prosperity gospel taken to the extreme. There will be no sorrow, regret, or envy in Heaven.
Amy
As always, I admire John Bevere because he is not afraid to take the truth of God's Word and blatantly put it out there for all to read and be both convicted and inspired by. This book builds on the message of his previous books by going in even deeper to the heart of God. I pray that I would not forget this message and pray that God helps me to honor people that God puts in my path.
David Garza
Oct 23, 2009 David Garza rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants God's blessings.
Recommended to David by: John Bevere
Honor's Reward is definitely a book worth reading. So often in life, we can lose sight of whom and what we are to honor. We get caught up in politics and emotions, and forget that God has placed people in our lives so that we can honor them; whether the honor is reciprocated or not. Honor is learned, and as with anything learned well, it can become part of who you are.
Christopher
I thought this book started off OK -- about how to receive God's blessings -- but it got a bit too materialistic for me. Gospel of materialism: Do this, and you'll get this...
We might call it a blessing, but God's blessings aren't so much earned for the works that you've done. I think the point is missed here.
Brandon Halvorsen
If there ever was an area the American church needs to grow in it's this area of honor. John Bevere does a wonderful job making his case of why treating each other with honor honors God and how God really does reward us when we do. One of his best books!
Latonya
John Bevere alwys seems to outdo himself with every new book the Lord gives him to write. This is a must get. True rewards only come when we walk in obedience to God and live a life of submission to Him, His word and those placed in authority over us.
Bruce Brown
This was a life changer. It answered a key question about why God chooses to heal some and not others. It also gave me a whole new perspective on honoring others. It challenged me at a deep level. This is a very good book.
Juliana Liusiska
Bintang 5 sepertinya cocok diberikan bagi buku yang satu ini. Pembahasan tentang "penghormatan" benar-benar dibahas secara sederhana dan detail. Saya belajar banyak dari buku ini. Terima Kasih Ps. John Bevere :)
Rebekah Measmer
John Bevere at his best. I was profoundly impacted by this book when we read it in our small group. It has changed my thinking and I'd love to re-read it. Now I just have to remember who I loaned it to...!
Troy Holt
I love this book. It has been a true blessing on honor. I have been one that really believed is honor but this has taken it to another level.
Dana
May 20, 2009 Dana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone eager to have a relationship with God
Recommended to Dana by: John Bevere
Another great book by John Bevere...thanks man! I now look at all my relationships in my earthyly life and my spiritual life differently.
Molly
John Bevere speaks about value of honoring those around you and how it actually effects your own life as well, when you honor those God asks you to.
Very good book. Honoring God by obeying Him in respecting those who have authority over us will bring reward and honor to us.
Michelle R
Jul 08, 2009 Michelle R rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women, Churches as a curriculum, or home groups
Recommended to Michelle R by: Pastor
I recognized and repented of my disrespect and sought the Lord to be more honorable especially toward my husband.
Poots
Jun 12, 2008 Poots rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone old enough to understand concept of book
I am presently reading.

This is a book for everyone to get a greater understanding of how important HONOR is
Marcus
This book from John Bevere was absolutely amazing. John makes so clear one of God's most clear and powerful promises, yet in everyday life it is probably the most elusive.

John explains quite simply how God rewards us for honoring; first of all Him the one and only God, but then his children. From our neighbors, enemies, civil authorities, children and spouses. God's reward for honoring is the one promises you just can't bear to miss!
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jan 27, 2015
Goharik Hovsepyan
Goharik Hovsepyan marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
  • Be Angry But Don't Blow It: Maintaining Your Passion Without Losing Your Cool
  • I Became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt: Replacing Souvenir Religion with Authentic Spiritual Passion
  • It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It
  • Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges
  • An Unstoppable Force: Daring to Become the Church God Had in Mind
  • Extravagant Worship: Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord God Almighty Who Was and Is, and Is to Come
  • Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments
  • Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership: The Paradox of Personal Dysfunction
  • The End of Religion: Encountering the Subversive Spirituality of Jesus
  • How to Interpret Dreams and Visions: Understanding God's warnings and guidance
  • The Spiritual Man
  • How to Become CEO: The Rules for Rising to the Top of Any Organization
  • Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top
  • Teaching to Change Lives: Seven Proven Ways to Make Your Teaching Come Alive
  • Secret Believers: What Happens When Muslims Believe in Christ
  • Strengthen Yourself in the Lord: How to Release the Hidden Power of God in Your Life
  • Just Walk Across the Room: Simple Steps Pointing People to Faith
  • Seven Practices of Effective Ministry (North Point Resources)
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...
The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense Under Cover: The Promise of Protection Under His Authority Driven by Eternity: Making Your Life Count Today & Forever The Fear of the Lord: Discover the Key to Intimately Knowing God (Inner Strength Series) Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God

“Christianity is not a sprint but an endurance run. Therefore it is not how we start the race that counts, but how we complete it. How we finish is determined by the choices we make, and those are often formed by patterns we develop along the way.” 14 likes
“We all have life-defining moments. They are like open-book tests, but we don't know we have been examined until it is over.” 11 likes