Start by marking “The Soul Of The Child: Nurturing The Divine Identity Of Our Children” as Want to Read:
The Soul Of The Child: Nurturing The Divine Identity Of Our Children

The Soul Of The Child: Nurturing The Divine Identity Of Our Children

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With "The Wonder of Girls" and "The Wonder of Boys," bestselling author Michael Gurian presented his groundbreaking views of parenting. Now, with the same breadth of vision and depth of commitment, he combines accessible analysis of cutting-edge science with the study of spiritual texts to explore the divine side of childhood, and to put forth a practical design for the ca ...more
Hardcover
Published October 29th 2002 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Soul Of The Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soul Of The Child

Lauren
Very clinical with little to no practical application. Scanned text briefly to the end when a little over half way through he began to discuss the validity of psychics and post death sightings.
Christina George
Aug 29, 2013 Christina George rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shannon Cole, Chistina Stone, Brenda Millar
Recommended to Christina by: no one
I might actually have to purchase this book!

I picked it up thinking it would help me to reach the soul of my toddler, and teach me how to raise my child in a way that would reach his soul, too. Surprisingly, that is not the heart of the book; the book actually takes the reader on a journey that explores how science and religion complement one another, and displays some major religions that focus on "light" as both what dwells within a person as well as that which created this world and humanity.
Meg
Like other New Age books, the author implies throughout the first 4/5 of the book that he has something life-changing to reveal. It turns out to be that the child is god. (In Kubler-Ross' The Wheel of Life it was that she routinely spends time with a guide.)
The goofiness of this book doesn't discredit Gurian's previous work.
Suggests that Christianity borrows the divinity of Christ from mythology.
Ellen
Some of the author's ideas and theories were intriguing--but in the end, not that well developed. Disagree completely with some of his ideas about how humans are hard-wired.
Lynn
Read this years ago, and remembered enjoying it. Let me know what you think..
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Kellie Arredondo
Kellie Arredondo marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Shannon Cole
Shannon Cole marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Kasane Teto
Kasane Teto marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Jennifer Hopta-reale
Jennifer Hopta-reale marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Spirit Of The Days
Spirit Of The Days marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Marcia Brisson  Van Camp
Marcia Brisson Van Camp marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Apr 07, 2011
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2011
Susan
Susan added it
May 02, 2010
Mary Ann
Mary Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2009
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2008
The Wonder of Boys The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons from Falling Behind in School and Life The Wonder of Girls: Understanding the Hidden Nature of Our Daughters Boys and Girls Learn Differently!: A Guide for Teachers and Parents The Good Son: Shaping the Moral Development of Our Boys and Young Men