Start by marking “Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)” as Want to Read:
Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)

Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School #18)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  508 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Something weird is going on!

Mrs. Yonkers, the computer teacher, is the nerdiest teacher in the history of the world. She can type with her feet! She buys foam cheeseheads off eBay! She even puts a Webcam on a turtle! Is she trying to take over the planet?
Published July 1st 2007 by HarperTrophy (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!

DeAnne
Dan Gutman has done such a fun thing with this series of books. (My Weird School). He's captured the tone and voice of the age group perfectly, his humor is targeted at kids, and like Bugs Bunny cartoons...there's always a bit of a laugh for the adults who are reading along. His prose is easy; constructed to allow young readers to access it, while still maintaining solid structure and vocabulary.

My first grade son has devoured this series on his own, and then brings them to us to read so we can
Alamoliz
Realizing, of course, that this is written to amuse 2nd grade boys, I give it a 5 star rating. It has accomplished its purpose, plus more: it amused and amazed me! This is a funny series that so far has not strayed very deeply into 2nd grade boy body humor (unless you count the part where Ryan shows the guys how to hold a spoon with your nose). A definite MUST HAVE for all who teach (or aspire to understand) 2nd graders.
Dolly
May 02, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun story in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot. The books are silly and somewhat redundant, but have a clever theme that is similar to the books in the Black Lagoon series by Mike Thaler.

This story features a wacky computer teacher who is brilliant, but odd. She is an inventor and loves technology. The book is a quick read and it's actually pretty entertaining.
Sara
I liked the book because I love computers and Mrs. Yonkers is the computer teacher. She can type with her feet {I meant Mrs. Yonkers.} Mrs. Yonkers invented helmets that made you feel like you were somewhere else.
Ryan
Jan 01, 2015 Ryan added it
worst boo ever
Ben
Jul 01, 2014 Ben rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
It's funny!
Shelli
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
SmokeyPookie
Caitlin doesn't care about these books, but Ian loved them at age 8. He still likes them now that he's 9, but is happy enough to get them from the library on occasion.
Dru
this book called me stupid one too many times. on the other hand it does have an exploding-remote-controlled pencil sharpener
Christine
This one was better than Miss Suki is Kooky, but not as good as the other ones we read.
Sydney
ms. yonkers made the kids wear helmets that can speak their thoughts.
Mansi
This involves 1 of my fav hobbies!...COMPUTER!!!!
Farrah
SUCH A WEIRD SCHOOL EVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Tammypammy
Tammypammy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Lillyyang
Lillyyang marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Talia Castro
Talia Castro marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Jammmfa
Jammmfa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Maha
Maha added it
Mar 11, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Dua Pasha
Dua Pasha marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
  • Never Walk in Shoes that Talk (Roscoe Riley Rules, #6)
  • The Mouse Island Marathon (Geronimo Stilton, #30)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • Leona the Unicorn Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Magical Animal Fairies, #6)
  • Horrid Henry Wakes The Dead
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  •  A Good Night for Ghosts (Magic Tree House, #42)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)
The Homework Machine (The Homework Machine #1) Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1) Mission Unstoppable Babe & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure #3) Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)