Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)

Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School #18)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  412 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Something weird is going on!

Mrs. Yonkers, the computer teacher, is the nerdiest teacher in the history of the world. She can type with her feet! She buys foam cheeseheads off eBay! She even puts a Webcam on a turtle! Is she trying to take over the planet?
Published July 1st 2007 by HarperTrophy (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!

DeAnne
Dan Gutman has done such a fun thing with this series of books. (My Weird School). He's captured the tone and voice of the age group perfectly, his humor is targeted at kids, and like Bugs Bunny cartoons...there's always a bit of a laugh for the adults who are reading along. His prose is easy; constructed to allow young readers to access it, while still maintaining solid structure and vocabulary.

My first grade son has devoured this series on his own, and then brings them to us to read so we can...more
Alamoliz
Realizing, of course, that this is written to amuse 2nd grade boys, I give it a 5 star rating. It has accomplished its purpose, plus more: it amused and amazed me! This is a funny series that so far has not strayed very deeply into 2nd grade boy body humor (unless you count the part where Ryan shows the guys how to hold a spoon with your nose). A definite MUST HAVE for all who teach (or aspire to understand) 2nd graders.
Dolly
May 02, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun story in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot. The books are silly and somewhat redundant, but have a clever theme that is similar to the books in the Black Lagoon series by Mike Thaler.

This story features a wacky computer teacher who is brilliant, but odd. She is an inventor and loves technology. The book is a quick read and it's actually pretty entertaining.
Ben
Jul 01, 2014 Ben rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
It's funny!
SmokeyPookie
Caitlin doesn't care about these books, but Ian loved them at age 8. He still likes them now that he's 9, but is happy enough to get them from the library on occasion.
Dru
this book called me stupid one too many times. on the other hand it does have an exploding-remote-controlled pencil sharpener
Christine
This one was better than Miss Suki is Kooky, but not as good as the other ones we read.
Sydney
ms. yonkers made the kids wear helmets that can speak their thoughts.
Mansi
This involves 1 of my fav hobbies!...COMPUTER!!!!
Farrah
SUCH A WEIRD SCHOOL EVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Megan Colgan
Megan Colgan marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Peyton Smail
Peyton Smail marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Zahra Ali
Zahra Ali marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Elena Miller
Elena Miller marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Kira
Kira marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Anya R
Anya R marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Huraman
Huraman marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
  • The Mouse Island Marathon (Geronimo Stilton, #30)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Horrid Henry And The Mega Mean Time Machine
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost #1)
  • Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink, #4)
  • Tess the Sea Turtle Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Ocean Fairies, #4)
  •  A Good Night for Ghosts (Magic Tree House, #42)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of...more
More about Dan Gutman...
The Homework Machine Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1) Babe & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure #3) Mission Unstoppable Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)