Start by marking “Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)” as Want to Read:
Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School, #18)

Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers! (My Weird School #18)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  698 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Something weird is going on!

Mrs. Yonkers, the computer teacher, is the nerdiest teacher in the history of the world. She can type with her feet! She buys foam cheeseheads off eBay! She even puts a Webcam on a turtle! Is she trying to take over the planet?
Published July 1st 2007 by HarperTrophy (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs. Yonkers Is Bonkers!

Alice
May 05, 2015 Alice rated it really liked it
"Hi, My name is A.J. and I hate School" This is how most My Weird School books starts. But what kills me is I think deep down... A.J. really likes school. AND who wouldn't? With the case of crazier teachers, administrators and staff at Ella Mentary School, how can you help but having a good time at school.

Mrs Yonkers is the computer teacher...and a nerd and she wears a t-shirt that says "Nerds are cool"...she types emails with her toes so she can multi task and use your hands for other things. s
Sterrett Family
Dec 10, 2015 Sterrett Family rated it it was amazing
Matthew: I really like how Emily fell out of the giant Hamster Wheel!!! Is she cray-z? I mean crayzy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Is speedy the turtle really reallllllllllllllllllly real? I'm really confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeAnne
Sep 25, 2009 DeAnne rated it really liked it
Shelves: boy, from-library
Dan Gutman has done such a fun thing with this series of books. (My Weird School). He's captured the tone and voice of the age group perfectly, his humor is targeted at kids, and like Bugs Bunny cartoons...there's always a bit of a laugh for the adults who are reading along. His prose is easy; constructed to allow young readers to access it, while still maintaining solid structure and vocabulary.

My first grade son has devoured this series on his own, and then brings them to us to read so we can
Alamoliz
Jun 18, 2008 Alamoliz rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Realizing, of course, that this is written to amuse 2nd grade boys, I give it a 5 star rating. It has accomplished its purpose, plus more: it amused and amazed me! This is a funny series that so far has not strayed very deeply into 2nd grade boy body humor (unless you count the part where Ryan shows the guys how to hold a spoon with your nose). A definite MUST HAVE for all who teach (or aspire to understand) 2nd graders.
Jnase1
Dec 30, 2015 Jnase1 rated it liked it
The second and third graders at my school love these books. They like that they are funny and use words like "shut up", "dumbhead," and "butt" as well as the exaggerated humor, some of which they don't always get. What I like about these books are the many idioms contained within each. It might be fun to make a class book about all the idioms and their meanings contained within each book...and you can also use this time, if you so choose, to address why using the words "shut up," "dumbhead," and ...more
Ernie Garcia
Jan 09, 2016 Ernie Garcia rated it it was amazing
The book Mrs. Yonkers is Bonkers by Dan Gutman is about the new teacher Mrs. Yonkers who is hired by Mr. Klutz. Her job is supposed to be about making new inventions that are healthy, but then A.J gets mad. So she decides to make an invention where you can put healthy food and get candy with the nutrients of healthy stuff. I really liked this book that's why I rated it a 5
Dolly
May 02, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun story in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot. The books are silly and somewhat redundant, but have a clever theme that is similar to the books in the Black Lagoon series by Mike Thaler.

This story features a wacky computer teacher who is brilliant, but odd. She is an inventor and loves technology. The book is a quick read and it's actually pretty entertaining.
Sara
Jan 05, 2015 Sara rated it it was amazing
I liked the book because I love computers and Mrs. Yonkers is the computer teacher. She can type with her feet {I meant Mrs. Yonkers.} Mrs. Yonkers invented helmets that made you feel like you were somewhere else.
Evan
Jun 30, 2015 Evan rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Yonkers is crazy! Shes a new teacher. And wierd things happen such as a fruit and vegi translater. I LOVED this book its is great! I recomend this book to people that like weird things.
Courtney
Mar 14, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: eli, 2016-reads
Funny read with a great focus on tech and invention. My kid wants Junk Food Transformer really badly now!
Cherie
Jun 05, 2015 Cherie rated it it was ok
I didn't care for the bullying in this book. Okay for the school library.
Ryan
Oct 08, 2015 Hedwig rated it liked it
Good book
Shelli
Jan 19, 2015 Shelli rated it really liked it
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
Jenn M
Aug 11, 2015 Jenn M rated it liked it
My kids thought this book was pretty funny, although I think I laughed out loud while reading more than either of them did as they read. Even without looking at the drawings that are placed throughout the text, I could easily imagine quirky, absent-minded, creative-inventor-type Mrs. Yonkers, and her overwhelming compulsion to
SmokeyPookie
Feb 18, 2011 SmokeyPookie rated it really liked it
Caitlin doesn't care about these books, but Ian loved them at age 8. He still likes them now that he's 9, but is happy enough to get them from the library on occasion.
Kaytee
Dec 21, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
it was really really good i love this book so much that i read it to my mom dad brother sister then i read it againthat is how muuch ii love this book
Dru
Mar 10, 2009 Dru rated it it was ok
Shelves: j-contemporary
this book called me stupid one too many times. on the other hand it does have an exploding-remote-controlled pencil sharpener
Christine
Jul 23, 2008 Christine rated it liked it
This one was better than Miss Suki is Kooky, but not as good as the other ones we read.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
ms. yonkers made the kids wear helmets that can speak their thoughts.
Tisha
Dec 28, 2015 Tisha rated it liked it
The book has absolutely no point, but is funny.
Mansi
Apr 08, 2009 Mansi rated it it was amazing
This involves 1 of my fav hobbies!...COMPUTER!!!!
Saanvi
May 20, 2015 Saanvi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is the best book I've ever read
Farrah
Apr 20, 2012 Farrah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-borrowed
SUCH A WEIRD SCHOOL EVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Edward Shie
Edward Shie rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Rakesh Patel
Rakesh Patel marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Henry Hsu
Henry Hsu rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Cooper C
Cooper C rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
  • Never Walk in Shoes That Talk (Roscoe Riley Rules, #6)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter: 4 Laugh-Out-Loud Stories! (Horrid Henry)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • A Good Night for Ghosts (Magic Tree House, #42)
  • Just Grace and the Snack Attack (Just Grace, #5)
  • Field Trip To Niagara Falls (Geronimo Stilton, #24)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)