Start by marking “Monkey Colors” as Want to Read:
Monkey Colors

Monkey Colors

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Meet twelve monkeys from around the world in this playful introduction to colors. Some monkeys are brown and some are red. Some have orange feet. One monkey even has a blue face, yellow cheeks, a red tail, and a white moustache.
Published July 1st 2012 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Monkey Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkey Colors

More for the younger crowd, but still great educational info for the older as well, this fun book goes into detail about the many different colors of monkeys all over the world. My 3 yr old twins appreciated the bright colorful illustrations, while my 6 yr old loved the info in the back about each type of monkey, whether or not they were endangered, and the big world map that showed where they were from. A book we all enjoyed.
Mary Luzader
This book has it all. It's a great nonfiction read-aloud, with fantastic pictures, and sharing loads of colors and different kinds of monkeys. On the pages throughout the story the name of each type is given, then at the end of the book there is a glossary of sorts filled with more information about each one.
Tishandra Mayfield
1. Monkeys come in many colors.

2. Some monkeys are brown and some are red.

3. One monkey even has a blue face, yellow cheeks, a red tail, and a white mustache.

This book would be used to explain that animals can be many different colors. This book could be used during science time.
Andi Martineau
Monkey Colors is a simple book about many different types of monkeys around the world. It explains the different colors that monkeys come in. Also, at the end of the book there is a map of the world that shows where some of the monkeys that were talked about in the story come from. Along with the map is a brief description of some monkeys. The author tells us if they are an endangered species, how they got their name, and other fun facts about the different monkeys.
The artistic media used throu
A very nice, simple book with pictures of several different kinds of monkeys and the colors they come in. Simple enough to share with a toddler, but could be a great book to share with older kids to make all kinds of connections between zoos (they are in a zoo at the end), primates in general, how we also come in different colors, etc. The only thing that would make this better for me would be real pictures of the monkeys as well as the illustrations. Maybe I'll share it with the pictures in sto ...more
Jeanne Williams
This is one of my favorite books of this summer. A concept book that introduces us to many types of monkeys by their colors. The text is very simple, the names of the monkeys are placed in the illustrations, and the illustrations show the different monkeys separately and then in collective/review pictures. The last few pages of the book give brief descriptions of the monkeys with information about where and how they live. A final two-page spread shows the monkeys locations on a world map.
Simple text, bold illustrations. Monkeys around the world come in many colors! Back matter with more monkey facts and a world map of where they are from. Author and illustrator have teamed up for other nice nonfiction texts, including one of my favorites: Hello, Bumblebee Bat. Darrin is a mammalogist at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History and Patricia is an illustrator for the American Museum of Natural History. Quite an accomplished pair!
Abby Johnson
With a simple text and brightly colored illustrations, this nonfiction book would be perfect for sharing with preschoolers and early elementary students. Additional information about each monkey is found in the back, along with a map showing where in the world each monkey lives. Add this to a storytime on jungles or zoos!
I picked this up because there had been a bit of Caldecott buzz about it. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was nonfiction about real monkeys and not just another concept book about colors.

I think the illustrations by Patricia J. Wynne are very well executed, and the text is simple but informative.
The scheming began as soon as I saw this book. I will be using it for Toddler Time the week we have a jungle theme. Other possible themes are colors and (wait for it) monkeys.
Destinee Sutton
This is a simple, straightforward book with but one message: Monkeys come in lots of colors! I think this will be great for story time with my one- and two-year-olds.
This was a very simple book with not a lot of words on each page. But that being said I really learned a lot about monkeys!
Edward Sullivan
An enjoyable introduction to colors and monkeys.
Linda Atkinson
Wonderfully illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne.
colors, wild animals
Kaycie added it
Sep 23, 2015
Alegre marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Soraiky marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Krishna marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Lisa McBride
Lisa McBride marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 19, 2015
Ubah Abdulahi
Ubah Abdulahi marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Zain marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Upkar marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hello, Bumblebee Bat After the Kill Meet the Meerkat Hello, Baby Beluga Hello, Mama Wallaroo