Start by marking “Atlas Drugged: Ayn Rand Be Damned!: [A Novel]” as Want to Read:
Atlas Drugged: Ayn Rand Be Damned!: [A Novel]

Atlas Drugged: Ayn Rand Be Damned!: [A Novel]

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Here is the long-overdue obituary for the unbridled greed glorified by Atlas Shrugged and the prophet of profit. In her story, Rand let free-marketers John Galt, Dagney Taggart, and their accomplices return triumphant from their strike to remake the world in the image of Godless self-interest. Now, on the 67th anniversary of their revolution, try as he may, Atlas can no lo ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Hellgate Press

To ask other readers questions about Atlas Drugged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atlas Drugged

Nathan Titus
Am I the only one who liked this book who's not a Rand-hater? Judging by the 2 other reviews that have been written, it looks like the answer is yes. But how can I like both, you ask? The answer is simple: I like parody, even a parody of something that I like. For example, I have enjoyed many cops-and-robbers movies. I have also enjoyed the Naked Gun trilogy, which spoofs them. I liked The Godfather. I also liked Mafia!, a jarring parody of The Godfather if ever there was one. And I like sci-fi ...more
David
Jul 24, 2014 David rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
I really wanted to like Atlas Drugged, but it suffered from many of the major flaws of Atlas Shrugged. The writing was flat and rather boring. The characters were one dimensional. The conflict and resolution were both completely contrived, way to much deus ex machina. Was Goldstein trying to parody Rand's writing style as well as the premise and outcomes of the book? I don't think so.

Atlas Drugged begins 67 years after John Galt and associates return from Colorado to form the United Corporate S
Chuck Raymond
May 25, 2015 Chuck Raymond rated it really liked it
While Atlas Shrugged painted a picture of dystopia in my mind better than Orwell, this book was an excellent parody of Rand's parody of a functioning sociopolitical system that works for all classes. In half the reading time of Ayn's never-ending story.
Tony
Feb 01, 2014 Tony rated it liked it
interesting? Predictable.
Ellen Marcolongo
Aug 19, 2012 Ellen Marcolongo rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent fictional account of what Ayn Rand's world could be like. Not a world I would want to live in. Indeed, I believe that most intelligent, compassionate people should reject Ayn Rand's greedy vision! JOHN GALT IS DEAD!
Don
Oct 20, 2012 Don rated it it was amazing
good stuff for those who are interested in how some of the rich and powerful in this country perceive things.
Nancy Lenz
Nancy Lenz rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Lance Roberts
Lance Roberts rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2015
Emil Ashok
Emil Ashok rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Yaron
Yaron added it
Jun 16, 2015
Barbara Dyer-Bennet
Barbara Dyer-Bennet rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Agentjos
Agentjos rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2015
Hirailers185
Hirailers185 rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Aleksa Pavichevich
Aleksa Pavichevich rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Ray Johns
Ray Johns marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
E. Dade
E. Dade rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
charles
charles rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Ilias joy
Ilias joy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Leigh Cox
Leigh Cox marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Robert Peate
Robert Peate marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Liz McBee
Liz McBee marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kelly Sakoi
Kelly Sakoi rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Derek Wright
Derek Wright marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
John Harvey
John Harvey rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2014
David Patterson
David Patterson rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014