Start by marking “Chicken, Pig, Cow's First Fight” as Want to Read:
Chicken, Pig, Cow's First Fight

Chicken, Pig, Cow's First Fight

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  18 reviews
"Even best friends can have a fight."

Chicken, Pig, and Cow have always gotten along well--until the day Girl builds a big city out of blocks. Thinking something is missing, Chicken makes a statue out of leaves. Now the city is perfect.

Pig loves zipping and zooming around the city. Chicken warns him to be careful, but Pig is having too much fun to listen. Then the inevitabl
Published January 19th 2012 by Annick Press

To ask other readers questions about Chicken, Pig, Cow's First Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken, Pig, Cow's First Fight

Habrewer
Chicken, Pig and Cow’s First Fight by Ruth Ohi
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This is a book about three friends going through their first fight. They are all playing in the city of blocks when one of the friends knocks them all down. He leaves the other’s to clean up his mess but in the end, he is forgiven.

The three toys are best friends and always get along until they have their first big fight. They each have their own personalities that make t
Samantha Tai
I received an electronic ARC of this book to review from Netgalley (www.netgalley.com).

Chicken, Pig and Cow are back in Ruth Ohi's picture book series. These best friends have never had a fight. One morning Girl builds an impressive city, but Chicken thinks something is missing and creates a chicken statue. Pig is just a little too excited and goes zooming through the city, knocking down Chicken's statue. Chicken is mad at Pig for not being careful and Pig is mad at Chicken for being in the way
Nathan Trevor
As many of these as I read, I can not get over how ADORABLE these little clay characters are. Jesus, they are amazing.
Alright, with that out of the way, I will review this story. ;) It is a very nice plot about Pig wrecking something that Chicken made and then running away in a huff. Chicken and Cow try to rebuild, and Pig goes away to have a nap. It's interesting to me that even without the dialogue in the book when Pig says "I'm a bad Pig!" (proving he feels bad for what he has done), it is cl
S
This is a sweet little story about friends who get in a fight, and how they make up. A nice tale of friendship and teamwork for young children. The story is engaging, and the illustrations nice to look at.

I received a copy of this to peruse through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Kim
Honestly, I thought this one was kind of stupid, but I guess it would be a good one to have on hand when your kid has their first squabble with a friend.
Carol
Chicken, Pig and Cow are the best of friends. They have never disagreed about anything. And they have certainly never had a fight before. Then one day as they are exploring the city that Girl built they start thinking about only themselves. This leads to a fight and hurt feelings all around. Thankfully in the end they team up to right their wrongs. Everyone apologizes and is forgiven. This is a simple book about the basics of what can lead to a fight and the consequences of such behavior. It is ...more
Brendan Howard
These are good, simple, thoughtful, smart.
Sara Thompson
A cute story that completely caught me off guard. To start with, the characters are toys not barnyard animals. They were far too cute, I just wanted to pinch some little plastic cheeks (they look like fisher price toys).
Girl has made a city out of blocks. Chicken, Pig, and Cow want to play. Chicken builds a statue out of leaves but Pig wants to zip and zoom. Can you guess what happens?
Sadly, Pig made a mess and left his friends to clean it up. It’s a rather sweet tale and one that would make a l
Tara
I love the illustrations in this book, but they couldn't save it from the story which was a total dud. There was no fight. Chicken,Pig and Cow were playing when Pig annoys Chicken then starts acting like a jerk. Pig comes back with a lousy apology and that's that. There wasn't actually a fight and Cow had nothing to do with it. It's actually amazing how much is wrong with this short book. Blech.
Paula
When Girl builds a block city, Chicken makes it perfect by adding a statue. Along comes Pig, zipping, zapping, and zooming--until he smashes into Chicken's statue, destroying it--and the city. He gets angry and goes off in a huff. Will the friends be able to put the city together again, and will they be able to rebuild their friendship?
The Library Lady
Nice basic story. Three friends (toys) have a fight, but in the end work together to make things right. The pictures are bright, the words simple. Truthfully, the most unique thing to me about this was the lovely sturdy stitched binding, complete with cloth reinforcement. You don't see that on most books these days!
Tracy
This book is the perfect book to teach children how to make up after having an argument. That a "fight" isn't the end of an friendship. I ejoyed how in the end everyone worked together to fix the city. A great book to show cooperation & friendship.
Tracy M
Mrs Bond
Three good friends explore a play city. All is fun until one of them gets angry and makes a big mess. He goes away to calm down while his friends help clean up the mess. Sweet story of friendship, bad moods, and forgiveness, with a cute cow!
Jeanne
Little toys are friends. Then Pig isn't careful and Pig and Chicken get into a fight.

Nice little book about friendship, making mistakes and saying you're sorry.
Peacegal
This is a sweet and charming little book that addresses a common concern for youngsters.
Slightly confusing & not really a fight.
Elsa
Very cute!
Junior L.
Junior L. marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Ruth is the illustrator of over 50 books, including 15 of which she also wrote. She is a graduate of the Ontario College of Art and Design.

Her books have been selected for the Pennsylvania Centre for the Book's “Baker’s Dozen”, the Canadian Toy Testing Council's "Great Books", the Ontario Library Association's "Best Bets", and the Toronto Public Library's "First & Best". They have been shortli
More about Ruth Ohi...
Chicken, Pig, Cow Kenta and the Big Wave Chicken, Pig, Cow on the Move Fox and Squirrel Chicken, Pig, Cow Horse Around