Start by marking “The Lost Dragon (Dragon Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Dragon (Dragon Hunters, #1)

The Lost Dragon (Dragon Hunters #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Andreas was born a Spartan warrior, long before human history even records Sparta existing. He served directly under Ares, until the day his lover was killed on the battlefield in front of him. On that day, he met his father, the mysterious Black Dragon God known as Jarel. From then on, he served his father faithfully, enforcing the laws of the primordial embodiment of bla ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by CreateSpace (first published January 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Dragon

Once Upon Another Time by Rosary  McQuestionAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneLife is a Circus Run by a Platypus by Allison HawnSpare Change by Bette Lee CrosbyVampire Princess Rising by Jami Brumfield
Best Unknown Books
351st out of 1,842 books — 1,580 voters
Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenThe Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Best Dragon Shapeshifter Romance Novels
116th out of 174 books — 339 voters

More lists with this book...

Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Andreas has served his father, the Black Dragon God, for thousands of years enforcing the laws for all paranormals. When his father asks him to protect a human from the vampires little does he know what he is about to walk into, as a vampire attempts to resurrect Cronus Andreas is made guardian to his twin nephews who also become targets and with gods causing trouble Andreas past comes into play and Andreas
Bookwatcher
My thoughts...

The plot was VERY good
Jarel, the Black Dragon god and ruler of the paranormal can't allow the rise of an ancient evil.. the powerful Cronus... the god that will can destroy all other god, and as consequence, the universe.
In a fast paced book, god, demigods and humans must fight rogue vampire and werewolves... everyone will follow Jarel's orders, even if it can cost their own lives.

The characters
Probably I should use a less vulgar world, but I can't.. I must say this story has a shi
Wendy L Curtis
This book was gifted in return for an honest review ages ago and I'm am finally getting caught up :-)

Not quite what I had expected from the title. The concept of setting and characters did keep me reading, and if you like a big cast of characters, and can appreciate the style of humour used throughout, you will love this book.

The modern speaking Gods etc was a little jarring for me at first but I did keep reading to see where it was leading, and quite enjoyed that I did. As demonstrated in other
Jim Wright
The Lost Dragon was an excellent book. It held my interest from page 1 right through to the end. The story was astonishingly well thought out and rendered. I particularly liked the action scenes. I frequently found myself physically moving with the action. I came to quickly care about the characters and what happened to them.

I was somewhat (and only somewhat) put off by the mixing of tenses, sometimes within a single sentence, and by a few spelling errors. None of the errors I mentioned were en
Maria Dodd
I was given this book (ahead of book No. 5) in exchange for an honest review by the author via Lovers of Paranormal.

WOW! A great book. Gods, demons, demi-gods and humans all put together in a fantastically well thought out book. The world that the author has created is a mix of modern life and God produced realms as well as the expected Olympus which all work very well together.

All the characters are well written and enjoyable but I have a super soft spot for Andreas. The twins are great and I r
Tj
Very interesting story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The world the author created was wonderful with all the gods and goddess were interrelated. The author also seamlessly wove events and stories and mythological histories together to make sense. I really liked seeing these characters in a different light. The MC's were well written and there are a lot of them. I did wish for a little more detail to some of them but since this is a series I think that is expected:)
Mad
Dragons, and Vampires, and Werewolves. Oh My!

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I must admit that this introduction into the world of The Dragon Hunters Series had my attention just from the concept alone. The book promised to deliver a tale full of action, creatures of fantasy, gods of myth, and mystical mayhem. And from page one until the last word written, I was not let down.

Through the story of Andreas, we are introduced into a world hidden within our own a
Gaele
Reviewed for Lovers of Paranormal, A Goodreads Group
I was provided a copy of the eBook by the author for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are honest and my responsibility.

The war you won’t hear about on ABC news…

We are introduced to the worlds of the gods, the ancients that populate our mythology, to those born at the beginning of the world. This story starts with an introduction to the main character, Andreas, eldest surviving son of Jarel,
Christina M Condy
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was fun, full of action and humor that truly had me laughing out loud. I woke my husband from a sound sleep because I just had to keep reading. (oops) Drako's humor suited me to a T. And I have to admit I enjoyed reading this book and plan on reading the series.

This book does fall into the Gay/Lesbian category with a pretty explicit yet tasteful male on male scene. I do not recommend this book for those who cannot ha
Cristina
The Lost Dragon is the first book of a series I plan to finish. It took me a few chapters to get into the author's rhythm...different from what I'm used to, and also very masculine. (I tend to immerse myself in female authors, though I'm trying to branch out more and more).

First, this book is one that I received for free in exchange for an honest review. (Paranormal Lovers Group) So, I'd like to thank the author for the opportunity to read his work!

Very well written; full of action and humor th
Marilyn
At first glance , this novel seems similar to " Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief"' Yes there are Gods, half-bloods, and the general end game of the evil doers is the same. However this book is exciting ! The actions sequences are top notch from the very first page of the book. I also enjoyed the male /male romance . You really get a good sense of love lost and love found in new beginnings. One of my favorite parts throughout the whole novel was the different kinds of creation myths that lin ...more
Theresea Wasson
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Take all your Greek mythology and add a few additional gods that are missing from the realm of Olympus, add other fantasy creatures such as vampires and werewolves, place in modern times and you have the Dragon Hunters series. This book centers on the decendants of the Black Dragon God and their fight to prevent the resurrection of Chronos by the rogue factions.

I found the characters engaging, but I believe they could have used a bit more de
M.L.
I really enjoyed this book. What’s not to like when 11,000 year old gods use modern, street vernacular and have attitude issues? Plus, there are vampires and werewolves and demons. Oh my! Add to the mix a woman who everyone seems to want to either protect or abduct and you have a read with a lot going on. The characters are interesting and the story line is compelling and action packed. As a straight woman with no real-life experience regarding the ins-and-outs of male-male sexual encounters, th ...more
April Alvey
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This Book Was Really Good It Was Funny And Awesome I Laughed So Hard. If You Want To Read A Book That Has Great Mythological Characters In It This Book Is The One For You. I Really Cant Get Into Much Detail Or I Will Want To Give Spoilers Out And I Dont Want To Ruin Such A Wonderful Book For You All I Can Say Is Read It You Wont Be Disappointed.
Aj
Mar 23, 2013 Aj added it
This book was totally NOT what I expected! It was even better! This book definitely gives credence to the adage "Never judge a book by its cover" although I would modify just a touch to say Never judge a book by its title. Without giving details to spoil the surprise for anyone who hasn't read this story, let's just say that if you like fantasy and action you will like this book.
Kim Smith
LOVED this book! I love fantasy fiction, and this young author does an amazing job with his first work. Looking forward to reading more from him. : )
Heidi Dehnhardt
It was a great read from start to finish. Will definitely recommend this book to others! :)
Michelle Willms
The Lost Dragon by Drako

Andreas Damone, son of the Black Dragon God, Jarel, is more than 11,000 years old. At the beginning of the novel, his mission was to hunt rogue vampires in the city of St. Louis, Missouri. He has been alone for most of those years, having lost his soul mate prior to beginning his service for the Black Dragon God when he was serving as a Spartan soldier. His lover was a fellow soldier who died in Andreas’ arms during the war.

Jarel approaches Andreas with a special mission:
Holly Emma Ice
I was gifted this book on a read for review arrangement

This book surprised me. At first I thought it was going to be a “very boy” action packed fight ‘em up. Then I learnt the protagonist was gay. That was a direction I was not expecting and it kept me reading!

The main character, Andreas, is a black dragon god decendant. His father, Jarel, is the black dragon god who holds as much, if not more, power than Zeus, the leader of Olympus. The story follows the action as subordinate gods and “rogues”
Furio
Faced with the chaotic mythological syncretism the world-building of this novella actually consist of, it took me a little time to detect its source -I belong to an earlier generation, after all- and I found it in Japanese epic manga/anime.

It is a commonplace to say that westerners are unable to truly understand oriental philosophies and ways of living. Those among us who try either ridicule themselves with their gross misunderstandings or have to spend their lives there to really catch authenti
Louise Findlay
I received this book many months ago free in exchange for a review and I've now only just got around to reading it.

The plot is amazing. The characterisation is brilliant. All the mythology is wrapped up in a way that makes it seem real. The gods and creatures are not the same and this book shows this well. It is perfect as the first book in a series and a stand-alone book. The whole soul mate concept is believable in this and the romance is not at all cheesy. Can't wait to read the next one.
Mary
Mar 31, 2014 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This book grabbed my interest and held it until the end. The author drops us into the world of mythology and in particular the realm of the Black Dragon God, Jarel. The story follows Jarel's oldest son, Andreas and his quest for justice for his fallen brother.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved immersing myself in the world that the author created, and I'm eager to start the next book in the series.

There were a few minor ed
Nancy Steinle gummel
This book, The Lost Dragon by Drako, grabbed your attention from the very beginning and took off running. It tell the tale of Andreas, once human as a Spartan warrior, now immortal, the son of the Black Dragon God, Jarel. He's given the assignment of protecting Cassandra Odele, a gifted healer and his twin nephews. The nephews are part human, part dragon and part demon. There is a battle brewing to topple the gods and destroy earth. Is every one prepared for the coming war?
Anushka
Amazing book! What can I say about it? Review to come up soon.
Rae Ryans
review coming soon
Gothic
Gothic marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Antonio
Antonio marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Modern Good Reads: Read for Review Offer: The Lost Dragon 83 165 Aug 25, 2013 05:20PM
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {30} The Lost Dragon- (Our Avg 4.75) 33 122 Feb 22, 2013 09:26AM
The Dragon Witch (Dragon Hunters, #2) Fatal Healing (Dragon Hunters, #3) Heir of Mjölnir (Dragon Hunters, #4) Relinquished Mercy The Dragon Hunter's Guide