Start by marking “Willing Hostage” as Want to Read:
Willing Hostage

Willing Hostage

Leah Harper leaves behind the tragedy of her mother's suicide and heads west. Caught in a raging storm in sight of the Colorado Rockies, she takes refuge in a seedy motel only to be awakened by lightning and an ominous figure standing over her. A fast-paced mystery with danger, romance, and a Psycho-like setting.
Published May 13th 1994 by Carroll & Graf (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Willing Hostage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willing Hostage

HerbieGrandma
Sep 17, 2010 HerbieGrandma rated it really liked it
Very 1970's. Very exciting and Millhiser does have a humerous way with her writing. I searched hard for my copy of this book because I remembered it as a very enjoyable read. I was not disapointed in the rereading. Love that cat . . .
Nancy
Jun 11, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Another oldie but goodie. I'm going thru my bookshelves, deciding which to keep and which to pass on. This one is a keeper.
Linda
Girl Inlove
Nov 25, 2011 Girl Inlove rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I like this book!!! my guilty secret.
Barbara Brien
I originally read this book as a young teen in the 80s. I had forgotten most of it, including the author and title. I think I had trouble reading it; even now, the author's style seemed a bit jerky. The story is still timely now, even though some parts of it are obviously illustrative of the 70s.

One thing I had forgotten about this book was the cat, which amazes me, since I am a cat person. The story of how this couple on the run interact with and care for a stray cat is appealing. The cat, Goo
Phil Syphe
Oct 27, 2016 Phil Syphe rated it liked it
Enjoyed this but not as much as expected.

“Willing Hostage” isn’t in the same league as Ms Millhiser’s “The Mirror”, though this is no supernatural novel either. This is much more believable.

The author’s depiction of her feline character is brilliant.

In short, it was worth reading, but only the once.
Jean
Mar 13, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing
I read this book years and years ago and loved it. It's a romance and a mystery with some social commentary thrown in. I enjoyed the description of Colorado's mountain country as well. A good read.
Rita MacLean
Feb 02, 2016 Rita MacLean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Milhiser Jewel

This was a good read, intriguing and humorous. Milhiser's knack of setting characters in real locations is especially fun when you are familiar with them.
DJ
DJ rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2011
Aridawn
Aridawn rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2010
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
May 10, 2009
Pamela Dodd
Pamela Dodd rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
angelina hsu
angelina hsu rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2011
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2010
MsBeaglely
MsBeaglely rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2010
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
Cerian Hebert
Cerian Hebert rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
Sue Phillips
Sue Phillips rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
robin williams
robin williams rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Becca Sidener
Becca Sidener rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Helen Styes
Helen Styes rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Tali
Tali rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
AlligatorSmith
AlligatorSmith rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Liz Elfring
Liz Elfring rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2013
What's The Name o...: Adventure, Read mid-80s (?) in paperback [s] 6 43 Oct 15, 2014 08:23PM
Marlys Millhiser is an American author of fifteen mysteries and horror novels. Born in Charles City, Iowa, Millhiser originally worked as a high school teacher. She has served as a regional vice president of the Mystery Writers of America and is best known for her novel The Mirror and for the Charlie Greene Mysteries. Millhiser currently lives in Boulder, Colorado.
More about Marlys Millhiser...