Start by marking “Willing Hostage” as Want to Read:
Willing Hostage

Willing Hostage

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Leah Harper leaves behind the tragedy of her mother's suicide and heads west. Caught in a raging storm in sight of the Colorado Rockies, she takes refuge in a seedy motel only to be awakened by lightning and an ominous figure standing over her. A fast-paced mystery with danger, romance, and a Psycho-like setting.
Published May 13th 1994 by Carroll & Graf (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Willing Hostage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willing Hostage

HerbieGrandma
Very 1970's. Very exciting and Millhiser does have a humerous way with her writing. I searched hard for my copy of this book because I remembered it as a very enjoyable read. I was not disapointed in the rereading. Love that cat . . .
Linda
Nancy
Nov 08, 2012 Nancy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Another oldie but goodie. I'm going thru my bookshelves, deciding which to keep and which to pass on. This one is a keeper.
Barbara Brien
I originally read this book as a young teen in the 80s. I had forgotten most of it, including the author and title. I think I had trouble reading it; even now, the author's style seemed a bit jerky. The story is still timely now, even though some parts of it are obviously illustrative of the 70s.

One thing I had forgotten about this book was the cat, which amazes me, since I am a cat person. The story of how this couple on the run interact with and care for a stray cat is appealing. The cat, Goo
Girl Inlove
I don't know why I like this book!!! my guilty secret.
Jean
I read this book years and years ago and loved it. It's a romance and a mystery with some social commentary thrown in. I enjoyed the description of Colorado's mountain country as well. A good read.
Suzanne
Such a great book. Wish this author had written many more books!
Joann
Joann added it
May 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Sky Seery
Sky Seery marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Amy Visnaw
Amy Visnaw marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Npmcintire
Npmcintire marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Julie Grohowski
Julie Grohowski marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Juli
Juli marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Fedora
Fedora marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
JadedlilFecker
JadedlilFecker marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
What's The Name o...: Adventure, Read mid-80s (?) in paperback [s] 6 43 Oct 15, 2014 08:23PM
Marlys Millhiser is an American author of fifteen mysteries and horror novels. Born in Charles City, Iowa, Millhiser originally worked as a high school teacher. She has served as a regional vice president of the Mystery Writers of America and is best known for her novel The Mirror and for the Charlie Greene Mysteries. Millhiser currently lives in Boulder, Colorado.
More about Marlys Millhiser...
The Mirror Nella Waits The Threshold Michael's Wife Death of the Office Witch (Charlie Greene, #2)