Start by marking “The Perfect Blend” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Blend

The Perfect Blend

Opening a Christian coffeehouse in Seattle; that was my dream. I wanted to call it Maggie Black's Higher Grounds. So when banker William Grey III denied my loan, I was crushed. But then Mr. Grey (who's a tea drinker; figures!) explained that if I took his small-business course, the bank might reconsider my application. It would take the help of some of my fab coffee, but I ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Blend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Blend

On What Grounds by Cleo CoyleHoliday Grind by Cleo CoyleThe Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie HartBeing Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoySpilled Coffee by J.B. Chicoine
Coffee Cup Covers
91 books — 18 voters
Little Women by Louisa May AlcottNorth and South by Elizabeth GaskellNorthern Light by Annette O'HareAt the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard BarnhillHowards End by E.M. Forster
"Margaret"
107 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Vinnie
Aug 25, 2012 Vinnie rated it it was amazing
I’m not a religious person at all, but for some reason I loved this book. If I had to take a wild stab at it... the reason would be due to my love of coffee lol
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
Why is it that almost all the books Love-Inspired I love seem to revolve around food? Maggie is a young entrepreneur who wants to open a coffee shop in the already saturated city of Seattle. What makes hers stand out? She wants to open a Christian coffee house. Will is the stuffy banker who has to make the decision whether or not to approve Maggie's loan.

The first half of this book started off pretty slowly, but it really picked up during the 2nd half. There were a few unexpected twists and tur
Elizabeth
May 28, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
What I love about Allie Pleiter's books is that they do not contain any girls without spines. Maggie Black, heroine of The Perfect Blend, wants more than anything to open a Christian coffee shop in Seattle...and a side of handsome banker Will Grey wouldn't be so bad, either. This is a great, fun story, and it gave me a monster coffee craving.
Susan
Mar 28, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
I love this chick lit romance about following your dreams. It's funny and endearing, but maybe because I relate so well to the heroine! Raises great debate over tea vs. coffee as well.
Virginia
Jan 17, 2009 Virginia rated it liked it
Enjoyable, first-person romance novel all about coffee and striving to attain something you want so desperately you can't talk about it to those you love. With a handsome British hero, no less!
Alicia
Oct 28, 2009 Alicia rated it really liked it
I loved this book! The characters were well developed and fun to follow! the humor was easy to catch and fun to laugh with and the plot was good enough that i refused to put the book down!
Jill
Nov 26, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing
Her inheritance from Uncle Ian is her ticket to opening a Christian Coffee Shop, if only she can survive the entrepreneur class, the loan officer strongly suggested Margret Mary Black she take when William Grey the III turned down her loan. The amusing misadventures begin when she gets hits delivering her homework, and Will the rugby player ends up taking Maggie to the hospital. Developing a business plan is much more than budgets, product development, and startup costs when the two keep bumping ...more
Anidict13 IsTheName
Mar 01, 2013 Anidict13 IsTheName rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Anidict13 by: Friendzylle Cabardo, Leslie Ann Reyes
It's unusual, it's inspiring, it's romantic, and best of all-- It's FUNNY!!

The plot of the story itself is not the common, falling-in-love-but-to-scared-to-give-in. Or the fell-in-love-but-can't-tell-if-he/she-loves-me-too plot.

Well... maybe the book's plot had the fore-mentioned plot, but with an added twist. I liked the short, quick descriptions, and funny idioms and puns that it didn't constantly kept reminding me that there are boundaries and restrictions because of religion, but because of
Judy
Jul 18, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Blend by Allie Pleiter
Sweet City Hearts Series Book Three
Margaret “Maggie” Black finally knew what she was supposed to do. And she knew this came from God so it was all going to work out. Start a coffeehouse called Higher Ground. A place where those who wouldn't set foot in a church would come and hear the gospel in more subtle ways. She was all set to go. Just get her loan and start selling coffee. Right?

William Grey the third, a rather handsome fellow with a great accent, being En
Dawn Michelle
Oct 01, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes coffee and good humor with a touch of love thrown in
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Got it at "Word on the Street"

Cute book. I enjoyed reading this as it didn't require me to really "think" while reading and I really needed that to be honest.

Maggie wants to open a Christian Coffee House ~ a place for the soul to be refreshed and filled ~ all she needs is a loan and all that stands in her way is William ~ her very stiff British loan officer. Trouble is, Maggie finds herself drawn to him ~ is God leading her to him and away from her coffee-house dreams???

Christian Fiction
Ruby halliburton
May 22, 2010 Ruby halliburton rated it really liked it
Maggie wants to open a Christian Coffee House. In order to qualify for a bank loan she has to take an entrepreneur course taught by the loan officer. Their relationship beomes personal Will is a Christian and suports Maggie's callilng with prayers. In the end her loan is turned down and she can't understand God closing the door on her dream but she never loses her faith. Help comes from an unexpected source.
Julie Malcolm
Apr 19, 2013 Julie Malcolm rated it liked it
Somewhere around the 3 1/2 mark on this book. I enjoyed it, it was a good lighthearted read with some pretty good messages but the US view of what English people are like nearly always grates on me it's so unreal. Whoever heard of an Englishman being called Will Grey the Third?! It's so unreal it's ridiculous, you'd be hard pressed to even find a Will Grey jr, it's far more likely that sharing the name William with his father he'd be called Bill or Billy.
Bibi Belford
Jun 23, 2016 Bibi Belford rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read this genre so I didn't know quite what to expect when I picked Perfect Blend up. But I found I loved the characters immediately and the easy flow of the narrative. I wanted a relaxing and fun read for a vacation and it was "the perfect blend" of romance and suspense woven together with some good humor and sharp writing.
Karen
Feb 21, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A ginger haired dynamo, Maggie Black tries to get a loan from the bank for her idea "Higher Grounds" a Christian coffee bar. William Grey III denied this loan application, but suggests she take his class for entrepreneurs. Can the boisterous, Irish lass and the rugby playing, but very sedate banker make a go of things?
Quynn
Jan 14, 2014 Quynn rated it it was amazing
I'm currently reading another one of Allies' books, 'My So-called Love Life '. I'm loving the wit and humor so much that I looked up her name for more works when I was reminded of 'The Perfect Blend.' Allie is an amazing author and the humor amidst the romance is what draws you in. I loved ,'The Perfect Blend.' Definitely a read for someone who enjoys a romance story with humor and some reality.
F.
Jan 11, 2017 F. rated it really liked it
I received a copy for an honest review. It was such a sweet story of a girl trying to open up a coffee shop with a religious twist to it. Her loan gets denied but she meets Will and falls in love. I loved the concept of this story and enjoyed the interspersed pictures of coffee cups throughout the book. It was such a nice touch. I would recommend this book.
Rachel
Apr 16, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loveinspires, romance
So honestly this is like my favorite of all the Love-Inspired books I've ever read! It's funny, it's serious, it's real to life. Also it's written in first person, through the whole book. I rarely see that anymore.
BritGirl
May 26, 2014 BritGirl rated it it was amazing
I don't drink coffee or tea so many of those references didn't mean much to me, but I still loved this story. The humor sparkles and Will is irresistible. This book would make a great movie--the perfect romantic comedy.
Lynnea
Sep 11, 2008 Lynnea rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This was pretty cheesy and pretty predictable but decent story. The second half was much better than the first half but I seriously considered quitting the book less than half way through.
Brenda
Nov 10, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it
Cool story with very believable characters. Loved the first person writing.
Tiff
Jan 26, 2016 Tiff rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-inspired
Cute story and not all about someone being rich. Loved the characters and story. Good show of faith.
Cindy
Jun 24, 2008 Cindy rated it liked it
A light and enjoyable "Inspirational" category romance.
Lucinda
May 23, 2015 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Such a delightful story with engaging characters and fresh writing.
Rachel Bird
Jun 24, 2013 Rachel Bird rated it liked it
This was a great book. A girl wants to own a coffee shop, but finds out that she needs to take a class to do so. She signs up but gets more than she bargained for.
Jolyn
Mar 06, 2008 Jolyn rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down, then couldn't stop beaming after reading it. Loveable characters that made me smille. If you're looking for a feel-good unpretentious read, this is it!
Justme
Aug 04, 2016 Justme added it
Sometimes the answer to prayer is "wait"
Idawati Wiguno
Jun 16, 2008 Idawati Wiguno rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cynthia
Very funny, very enjoyable, SUPERB! As much as I hate to admit, this book teaches me a lot about waiting on God and how He handles things BEST.
Lesley
May 23, 2014 Lesley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
Autor did not make the characters real to me. A little too sappy!
Jeanette Johnson
Jeanette Johnson rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 10:46AM
  • Any Man of Mine
  • Butterfly Summer
  • A Soldier's Devotion: Wings of Refuge
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Rainbow's End
  • Protected Hearts (Rosewood, Texas, #1)
  • Promise Forever
  • Heaven Sent Husband
  • Lasso Her Heart
  • No Place Like Home (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • A Match Made in Dry Creek
  • Jingle Bell Babies (After the Storm, #6)
  • Giving Thanks for Baby (Love Inspired)
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...